You can bring a horse to water, but

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

you can't make them drink!

No wonder the Cleveland Browns are such a p!ss poor organization. Manziel jr. with their first pick and a later first round CB for their #4 pick! I wonder how many fans will be jumping out of windows in Cleveland tonight?

I like Denver's pick of Chubb, and the Giant's pick of Barkley. Where will JA go?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If Cleveland really wanted that CB, they could've traded back to get more assets and still end up with him no problem. Very happy Allen ended up elsewhere!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm you can't make them drink!

No wonder the Cleveland Browns are such a p!ss poor organization. Manziel jr. with their first pick and a later first round CB for their #4 pick! I wonder how many fans will be jumping out of windows in Cleveland tonight?

I like Denver's pick of Chubb, and the Giant's pick of Barkley. Where will JA go?
This is exactly how I see Mayfield. He'll be in a back-up role on some desperate team within 3 years.....
That said, I am pretty stoked on Josh going to Buffalo. I think that the situation there is much better and will allow him to grow and become the franchise QB he's capable of.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

just wonder if the pieces they got/get this year might help them start to form a team and help this sorry franchise(Cleveland) for a change, afterall one would think it's gotta change some day, right????
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 pm just wonder if the pieces they got/get this year might help them start to form a team and help this sorry franchise(Cleveland) for a change, afterall one would think it's gotta change some day, right????
There is absolutely nothing that says something has gotta change....based upon this year's first round draft picks....nothing has changed for the better in Cleveland. I was truly taken back about how poor those first two selections were, especially the CB. The Browns could have easily traded down and gotten several additional picks for their #4 and still have gotten that CB. To me, the Brown's picked the worst of the top 5 QB's period. I liked the kid from Louisville better than I liked Mayfield. To listen to the announcers they just about credited every part of the wins that Oklahoma had to Mayfield and ignored the remainder of the team. Mayfield is a rah-rah guy, I get that, but he isn't nearly as fast or the quickest of the Top 5 QB's, and so his scrambling will be cut down in the pros. Secondly he is the smallest and so I would imagine that he would be a lot easier to bring down than Josh. If you didn't like Josh Allen due to his completion percentage, okay I get that as well but there are some really good reasons why they were down this last season...(the people that hate Josh will ignore those reasons). I dare say that if Josh had had the surrounding cast that Mayfield had that his numbers would have been better than Mayfield's. Some people compared him to the All-pro from New Orleans, that is a horrible mistake and I would compare him much more to Manziel.