Allen Drafted by the Bills

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

It will be super easy being a bills fan, their uni reminds me of the state flag. Come on buffalo go out and get gentry, would love to see some more allen to gentry chemistry in the nfl. Im with landerpoke, will be buying my first nfl jersey. Congrats Josh, thanks for everythig you have done for our state. Now time to get to work and become the next farve.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:42 am
stymeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 am Glad the hype's over now, but what a great time this all was for media coverage and such putting lowly ole W.Y.O. on the football map, wish nothing but great things for him and it truly was a pleasure to see him live at the War. And to be part of this historical run for #1, #7 is something I don't foresee being bettered, but hope I'm wrong. Also cool to see Taven Bryan go in the 1st round too, NCHS alumi and Wyoming proud.....fun stuff
I have really only paid attention to him through this draft process, but he kinda seems like a douche. First off, he wasn't Wyoming proud enough to go to Wyoming.
State pride and university pride are two different things.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:25 am Anyone have the video clip they showed of the Buck? I had it on NFL Network and missed it.
ESPN was the network that had it:
https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 5632608256
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:56 am
stymeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 am Glad the hype's over now, but what a great time this all was for media coverage and such putting lowly ole W.Y.O. on the football map, wish nothing but great things for him and it truly was a pleasure to see him live at the War. And to be part of this historical run for #1, #7 is something I don't foresee being bettered, but hope I'm wrong. Also cool to see Taven Bryan go in the 1st round too, NCHS alumi and Wyoming proud.....fun stuff
I have really only paid attention to him through this draft process, but he kinda seems like a douche. First off, he wasn't Wyoming proud enough to go to Wyoming.
May be true in Minnesota, but for Wyo the lines are much more blurred than anywhere else in the country.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

some website had the grades of every 1st round draft pick and this is what they said about Josh, D my ass, goes to show ya still don't give him any love back east....grrrr
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... tp#image=8
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

State Pride=UW pride
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Not to me its not
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 pm some website had the grades of every 1st round draft pick and this is what they said about Josh, D my ass, goes to show ya still don't give him any love back east....grrrr
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... tp#image=8
Total hack job, complete garbage take.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm State Pride=UW pride
Absolutely correct. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

State pride and UW pride is truly 100% in our beloved state, it's even more magnified when you (unfortunately) have to leave the the state for work like me (3x Denver, 2x Salt Lake, 2x Phoenix and once to Omaha, only to move back everytime) it was always fun to talk to people when they saw my license plate frame that said Alumni, you betcha I'm Wyo proud, and bleed brown and gold proudly....other states this statement may not hold as much with other Universities.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

This is exactly what makes Wyoming the most unique program in the country. That rule truly doesn't apply here.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I have really only paid attention to him through this draft process, but he kinda seems like a douche. First off, he wasn't Wyoming proud enough to go to Wyoming. That fine, its his choice, but I didn't like it. Second, a number of interviews I have heard him do, he seems really arrogant for really never accomplishing anything... Oooh... You're called Little JJ Watt.... You know what makes you? A normal lineman.... I don't get the undying swooning for Taven.
While I agree it was disappointing to not have him at Wyoming, he was a special example of an in-state kid UW was never going to get. From what I know about him he was set on playing the minimum in college and then jumping to the pros from the time he started getting attention in high school. Guys with that mindset don't pick Wyoming even if they're from here.

As far as interviews, the one's I've watched are quite brutal. I wouldn't call it arrogance as much as just seeming completely uncomfortable around media. I think he's a bit of a meathead type who thinks and breathes football 24/7 and isn't good with the finer things.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yeah the Bryan kid seemed like a total douche watching the draft. I think his family are transplants from the south or Appalachia so it totally makes sense
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:49 am I'm not going to blame any Wyoming born player for not wanting to play for DC or choosing to go to a proven top Football school in the middle of a coaching change at Wyoming.

Hell, I don't think I'd blame a kid regardless of where they wanted to go - I don't know all the reasons they could possibly have.
I can get on board with that for sure but I am also not going to toot his horn as Wyoming Proud forever or whatever.

And I guess I see it differently about a "proven" program blah blah. Its all about what you do with the opportunity given to you. JA had 1 opportunity and he made the most of it at poop ol Wyoming and left a lasting legacy that will ring through Wyoming footballs history. Taven Bryan will go down as one of many DL to play at Florida. What is his legacy there? Really good, one of the all time greats? No. He could have been an all time great at UW and still gotten to the NFL. Look at our D this upcoming season... There are atleast 4 future NFL players there, maybe more and 2 of them are on the DL. I just don't subscribe that you have to go to a big school to have a future. Leighton Vander Esch is another perfect example of working your tail off and making your name mean something.
You call yourself a Wyoming fan?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm State Pride=UW pride
Absolutely correct. :thumb:
Gotta sort of disagree there. Wyoming is meta to UW. Anyone who is Wyoming proud is also UW proud, but not everything in the set of Wyoming is in the set of UW. UW is a set within the set of Wyoming. While UW Pride=Wyoming Pride, Wyoming Pride=All Things Wyoming.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

While UW Pride=Wyoming Pride, Wyoming Pride=All Things Wyoming.
Well put.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I guess a lot of you guys would call me a second-class fan, then. I am a die hard UW fan...its where I lived longer than anyone place in my entire life (military brat). I like the state of Wyoming, but have no affiliation with any high schools or anything. I wish the good people of Wyoming the best of luck....but I don't care one single iota about Wyoming kids who go to other schools. I wish them no ill will, but they dont play for my school and I don't give two poop about them or what they did at other schools.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

saw an article today saying he'll be the 3rd qb in the rotation, NO KIDDIN, really, we all know his potential but training camp hasn't even started yet, let's wait til then and see what the NFL holds for him, all good things happen in due time!!!