USA Today Post-Spring FBS rankings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

USA Today Top 130

Wyoming comes in at #65, not too bad really.

Other notables:

Boise State #14
San Diego State #20
Fresno State #47
CSU #84
Air Force #86
byu #91 Ha...f-word
UNLV #106
Nevada #112
New Mexico #119
San Jose State #128 Hey...not last!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Higher than the sheep, too.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Boise State and San Diego State are both overrated. CSU and Air Force are very underrated IMO. Utah State at #88 could be a surprise team. Wyoming about right considering the strength of the defense but the big concerns with the offense and the QB position.

Nebraska is at #52. While I am no fan of the Huskers, I pick Nebraska to finish in the top 20 after watching a replay of their spring game and how improved that team is under Frost.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Always wondered why UNLV doesn't get better recruits, etc. Will they be using Raider's stadium in the future?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Starting to get some Respek! That's what a nasty defense will do
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

BJC wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm Always wondered why UNLV doesn't get better recruits, etc. Will they be using Raider's stadium in the future?
Yes they will. Details here, but this should give them a huge recruiting advantage.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/37195982 ... ew-stadium
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 pm Boise State and San Diego State are both overrated. CSU and Air Force are very underrated IMO. Utah State at #88 could be a surprise team. Wyoming about right considering the strength of the defense but the big concerns with the offense and the QB position.

Nebraska is at #52. While I am no fan of the Huskers, I pick Nebraska to finish in the top 20 after watching a replay of their spring game and how improved that team is under Frost.
Disagree on your CSU and Nebraska assessment. CSU lost something like 8 starters from a defense that wasn’t very good. Sure it can only go up but I don’t think that happens playing young kids. And losing Gallup, Stevens, and whoever was suppose to start at QB won’t help either.

And Nebraska has to go to Michigan, go to Wisconsin, and go to Ohio State. And they don’t have a QB who has taken any D1 snaps or not. And I don’t care how good the kid looked running the ball in the spring game, he couldn’t get hit so how much does it really show?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, Frost may eventually turn Nebraska around, but not this year. They don't have enough talent to compete in the top level of the Big Ten yet, regardless of who is coaching.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

CowboyNV wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm
BJC wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm Always wondered why UNLV doesn't get better recruits, etc. Will they be using Raider's stadium in the future?
Yes they will. Details here, but this should give them a huge recruiting advantage.

Time will tell if UNLV will see any benefit from being second fiddle to an NFL team, but history says the prognosis is not good.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no such thing as UNLV Football in about 12-15 years...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyovanian wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:57 am
CowboyNV wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Time will tell if UNLV will see any benefit from being second fiddle to an NFL team, but history says the prognosis is not good.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no such thing as UNLV Football in about 12-15 years...
You could be right. I do know if I were a recruit and walked into that new dome I would be impressed. Whether or not I would be impressed enough to commit would be another story. But it is new and shiny and that always helps when dealing with 18 year old kids.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

If I were UNLV I would make sure I show off the new stadium on non-gamedays. Watching a game in front of a stadium that is only 25-30% full is kind of deflating.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 am If I were UNLV I would make sure I show off the new stadium on non-gamedays. Watching a game in front of a stadium that is only 25-30% full is kind of deflating.
This. Of all the college teams that play in pro stadiums only Pitt and Miami consistently fill the stadium. Most of the mid major programs in pro stadiums excluding SDSU are around 20 percent capacity. That creates an awful atmosphere. Stadiums that are aways away from campus further add to this problem by decreasing student tournout. While the marquee power 5 schools have no trouble selling out pro size ( or even bigger) stadiums it's a joke when mid majors play in them.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

interesting placement, but I'm good with it as well, watching a game at Sam Boyd, Fresno St and Nevada really suck in conference as well, not a go back to place for sure
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 am If I were UNLV I would make sure I show off the new stadium on non-gamedays. Watching a game in front of a stadium that is only 25-30% full is kind of deflating.
This. Of all the college teams that play in pro stadiums only Pitt and Miami consistently fill the stadium. Most of the mid major programs in pro stadiums including SDSU are around 20 percent capacity. That creates an awful atmosphere. Stadiums that are aways away from campus further add to this problem by decreasing student tournout. While the marquee power 5 schools have no trouble selling out pro size ( or even bigger) stadiums it's a joke when mid majors play in them.
FIFY