Nebraska and Mizzou given deadlines

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5257088
The Big 12 has drawn a line in the sand for at least two member schools.

The conference, amid a chorus of story lines that would all significantly change the face of big-league college sports, has imposed a deadline of Friday for Nebraska and Missouri to state their intentions on whether they intend to bolt for the Big Ten, with the possibility of an extension for a decision by next Tuesday, The Austin American-Statesman has reported, citing two sources.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5257088
The Big 12 has drawn a line in the sand for at least two member schools.

The conference, amid a chorus of story lines that would all significantly change the face of big-league college sports, has imposed a deadline of Friday for Nebraska and Missouri to state their intentions on whether they intend to bolt for the Big Ten, with the possibility of an extension for a decision by next Tuesday, The Austin American-Statesman has reported, citing two sources.

For the Big 12, I think the damage has already been done - whether schools leave the conference or not. It's like a spouse that has been caught cheating. There will not be any trust or good feelings between the schools in the Big 12. If even a couple of schools leave, it will have a trickle down effect on other conferences - including the MWC. This is one of the reasons I believe BSU will get the invite this week to the MWC. What MWC school would want to go to the Big 12 or PAC conference with all this turmoil and schools that insist on running the whole show. They would get more than they bargained for - and it wouldn't be a pleasant situation. This whole mess should come to a head this coming week.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Sunday Denver Post: An editorial sports writer has conjectured that a University of Colorado move to the MWC would add impetus to the quest for the addition of the MWC to the BCS (assuming Boise State becomes a member). Add Houston to the mix (to get another big metro market) and you have a powerfull league.

I like the idea of having Wyo, CSU, AFA, and Colorado in the same league.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Sunday Denver Post: An editorial sports writer has conjectured that a University of Colorado move to the MWC would add impetus to the quest for the addition of the MWC to the BCS (assuming Boise State becomes a member). Add Houston to the mix (to get another big metro market) and you have a powerfull league.

I like the idea of having Wyo, CSU, AFA, and Colorado in the same league.
And maybe have a front range trophy or something.
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

I disagree. I would love to see nothing more then them to be stuck in the wac or some other lowly conference. Cu has it coming to them. If they got included in the mwc they would bitch and whine about having to play games in laramie, fort collins, and colorado springs. Its just the cu way.