Nebraska looks more focused on Wisconsin than us...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

At least the fans - which is just fine with me.

Nothing to worry about in Wyoming, boys, just like your fans and the line in Vegas are saying. Just think about Madison, at night, Camp Randall and all. Wyoming's a nobody team and it will be like another home game - what with the 45,000 Nebraska fans that will be there. Just a pebble of gravel on your way to the NC - that little brush up scrimmage in Cheyenne at Cowboys Stadium...er, let me check that again, oh, yeah, Laramie and War Memorial Stadium. Just another non-AQ school to cower at the feet of a B1G school, especially one with the history and stature of Nebraska.

Back to Wisconsin though...the real UW, the real test on the schedule, the B1G conference race is in the balance...only 12 days until "the" game on the Huskers' schedule.
knapplc
Buckaroo

Since every team we've played has viewed us as their "big game" so far and given us their best shot, we're expecting more of the same from Wyoming.

Regardless, it looks pretty obvious that our defense is sleepwalking through the season so far. They're not playing with any kind of urgency, and they're getting beat at the point of attack by just about everyone. I see no reason to believe that will get fixed over the next few days, so I expect Wyoming to move the ball on us.

Maybe the Huskers just have a (misplaced) sense of superiority. It's hard to say. We should have demolished Fresno and Washington, and while we were up 44-17 on the Huskies, we very clearly let up and let them score three times in the 4th - unforgivable! I don't see a ridiculous blowout. I see a Nebraska win, but most likely by less than the spread. I'm guessing the Huskers win by about 17.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

knapplc wrote:Since every team we've played has viewed us as their "big game" so far and given us their best shot, we're expecting more of the same from Wyoming.

Regardless, it looks pretty obvious that our defense is sleepwalking through the season so far. They're not playing with any kind of urgency, and they're getting beat at the point of attack by just about everyone. I see no reason to believe that will get fixed over the next few days, so I expect Wyoming to move the ball on us.

Maybe the Huskers just have a (misplaced) sense of superiority. It's hard to say. We should have demolished Fresno and Washington, and while we were up 44-17 on the Huskies, we very clearly let up and let them score three times in the 4th - unforgivable! I don't see a ridiculous blowout. I see a Nebraska win, but most likely by less than the spread. I'm guessing the Huskers win by about 17.
Actually, it's our game against CSU at the end of the year. 100 year rivalry with a traveling trophy. After that, Air Force which is about a 50-60 year rivalry, and then our biggest game is probably BSU (top 4 team, though we don't expect to win). Then maybe Nebraska. It is a big game, we'll probably lose, your kicker and punter will have a field day, but the game will still be played at pver 7000 feet above sea level with probably the loudest 30,000 seat stadium there is. Just ask Texas after a blocked punt and ran it in for a TD.
theman
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote:At least the fans - which is just fine with me.

Nothing to worry about in Wyoming, boys, just like your fans and the line in Vegas are saying. Just think about Madison, at night, Camp Randall and all. Wyoming's a nobody team and it will be like another home game - what with the 45,000 Nebraska fans that will be there. Just a pebble of gravel on your way to the NC - that little brush up scrimmage in Cheyenne at Cowboys Stadium...er, let me check that again, oh, yeah, Laramie and War Memorial Stadium. Just another non-AQ school to cower at the feet of a B1G school, especially one with the history and stature of Nebraska.

Back to Wisconsin though...the real UW, the real test on the schedule, the B1G conference race is in the balance...only 12 days until "the" game on the Huskers' schedule.
I find it ironic that Nebraska plays UW three weeks in a row. However, Wisconsin is going to destroy Nebraska.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Wow, I actually agree with theman on this one. I am suprised and I am sure it won't happen again. I hate every comment theman makes. however, I agree...wisconsin will demolish nuhbraskuh. unfortunately, we will struggle to stop the cornhuskers and they will win the shootout by 21 points or so. I am praying with all that I have that CC has something up his sleeve with this defense and they get something figured out this week. I feel like our defense is so nonchalant about what they are trying to do. There is very little sense of urgency and the tackling is aweful. T. Gipson has GOT to step. He has been awful.

I love my pokes and will be screaming for 3+hours...come on Pokes. Step up the D!!!!