Absolutely pathetic

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

I will keep the segment with Gagliardi, however in reality, you are not worthy of this national platform.

You want respect and you crave visibility for the Pokes, and yet, when given a platform on the stage as big as has been delivered you...you fail.

Look it, I don't rely on phone calls to make my shows go, but in this case, I believe the disrespect you have shown the writer in question is beyond comprehension and shows a lack of awareness.

And I wanted to bring a national radio show to the stadium this fall?

Two phone calls for the segment doesn't come close to getting it done -- particularly if you possess a SXM account.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Lastly for now, you become agitated when someone from another part of the country doesn't take the Pokes or their fan base seriously, and yet, as the result of your inaction, you feed them all the fuel they need to burn their fire.

I put this segment on, they listen, and laugh and cackle at the apparent disinterest at least from a caller driven standpoint.

I don't know, perhaps its because of the passion that I have for the program and the entire state of Wyoming that this bothers me to the extent I am allowing it to...maybe I should be just as cavalier as the majority of ya'll are.

My apologies to Gagliardi on behalf of every person here with exception of the caller from Council Bluffs and from Cheyenne on the show tonight.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

How do we listen Dino?
Is it a sirius xm channel? Because if so, I do not have that...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:How do we listen Dino?
Is it a sirius xm channel? Because if so, I do not have that...
Neither do I, and no website membership either. I think most people here only get FM and AM radio. So, it's not really a lack of interest, but a lack of access to the radio program itself.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Well if a person has access to SXM there is no excuse -- I am not saying that every member of this board needs to pick up the phone and call Gags, but two measly phone calls to the man in nearly 40 minutes?

That man is taking time out of his schedule and talking about an apparent passion that exists here for a number of people concerning Wyoming football, he's not getting paid dime one, and neither too is SXM putting a few extra dollars in my paycheck for implementing the segment...I'm doing it purely and ONLY to advance the Wyoming football program.

Is there any sane person out there who believes my superiors actually want me to keep this feature on my show? Hell no! They want me to ditch it as fast as possible -- and what argument can I offer back to keep it if they mandate I kill it over lack of interest?

For those not in possession of a SXM account, I did provide the toll free number to call in - that -- and SXM provides FREE 2 week subscriptions online.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DINOCOSTA wrote: For those not in possession of a SXM account, I did provide the toll free number to call in - that -- and SXM provides FREE 2 week subscriptions online.
So if we get the guest pass, we can listen for two weeks, so we actually know what you are talking about in the show if/when we call in?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I don't have SXM either. I just don't have any need for it. I'd listen to the show if I already had access, but I already have an overload of other media that I'm paying for.

I'm honestly curious how many people in this area has Sirius? I know it's growing nationally, but is it happening out here as well?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

lol.....i may try one day but the only times i've ever called a radio station my voice got all shakey and i froze up and forgot what i was going to say

now if i could type on a speak and spell and sound like stephen hawking then we're in f-word business....but that seems a tad off color
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

My bad I guess, I expect so much of myself and its wrong of me to project that same intensity to everyone across the board.

I'm now home, refreshed, contented...have a great weekend.

Go Pokes, beat Toledo!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

DINOCOSTA wrote:My bad I guess, I expect so much of myself and its wrong of me to project that same intensity to everyone across the board.

I'm now home, refreshed, contented...have a great weekend.

Go Pokes, beat Toledo!
i gotta say...keep up the good work

GO POKES
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Dang I would have phoned in if I had been following this sooner :/
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I love the ambidextrous karsten sween cartoon image above.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I actually wanted to call in but I was on Az time instead of Wyoming time. Listened to the show though on delay. Yourself and Gags did a nice job. I for one appreciate the coverage living here in Phoenix
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:I actually wanted to call in but I was on Az time instead of Wyoming time. Listened to the show though on delay. Yourself and Gags did a nice job. I for one appreciate the coverage living here in Phoenix

Cuttslam how was the show? Was it worth it? You think there is a chance it could keep going? I would ask Dino, but he seems a little bummed on himself at the moment.
I know I would wanna listen, and will if there is another one, and I will call in, (provided I'm not working!)
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I believe sxm will be dead in a few years. I can just pandora through my phone. Yeah, it's nice to listen to nfl games, NHL games but once again I'm pretty sure I can listen to radio broadcasts of NHL games for free through NHL game center. Once everyone has high speed data through phone, I see no need for satellite radio.

That being said, I used to enjoy listening to hardcore sports radio and various other sport shows on sirius when I worked in the lab. Just don't see it lasting too long.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I don't have SXM, as it's an expense I can't take on right now, but I believe Dino and Gags do a fine job of talking up Wyoming football on Friday nights.. and personally, I can't wait to meet both of the guys face to face when I make it to Laramie this fall for the Border War.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Great segment last night, Dino! I'll continue to call in every chance I get. Keep spreading the word, I know I will.

GO POKES!!! BEAT TOLEDO!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

DINOCOSTA wrote:I will keep the segment with Gagliardi, however in reality, you are not worthy of this national platform.

You want respect and you crave visibility for the Pokes, and yet, when given a platform on the stage as big as has been delivered you...you fail.

Look it, I don't rely on phone calls to make my shows go, but in this case, I believe the disrespect you have shown the writer in question is beyond comprehension and shows a lack of awareness.

And I wanted to bring a national radio show to the stadium this fall?

Two phone calls for the segment doesn't come close to getting it done -- particularly if you possess a SXM account.
I somewhat have to chime in here because you are attacking the fan base and that isn't what you should be doing. 1 Week ago you announce the the intention of broadcasting a pre game style call in, So here we are with a 1 week time frame sure it's plenty time to listen but you actually sit here and expect that people are going to drop life for the call in show that they have to pay for......

This might sound disrespectful to you but did you actually think that posting here was going to create a national response? How many other locations are you posting in and complaining about the response right now? Facebook, Twitter Streams, other forums?

You realize how much effort MrTitleist has put into this forum to bring it up to a large fan base? This wasn't an overnight project and neither will a call in show that is time based. I think it's more pathetic you are here bitching about something you can control better but do not. I know how much work it takes to really get something rolling I've been streaming for a long time ( 10+ years ) and it's basically all I'm known for now. Now me personally I don't want the national attention so I try to keep it fairly hush hush but you on the other hand you want the national attention and you too keep it hush hush and you have it on a system that people have to pay for.

So if you want opinions of how to make this call in show relevant, i'll full of ideas because not everyone is going to pay the monthly fee to listen to the broadcast.

1. Site traffic, You have none. - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/dinoradio.com#

As long as you have nothing on your site talking about this show that is semi easy to find then how is anyone to know about it?

2. Twitter -

@DINOCOSTA's account is protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @DINOCOSTA's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

You want national response but limit yourself to small crowds, Remove the lock deal with the spam and get the listeners active because they know about it or make a 2nd Twitter account for the Cowboy show and live feed it.

3. Facebook - You have it but once again it's blank.

This goes back to national spotlight, everyone has facebook and twitter, so why not live feed the questions and responses? Do something so people see the user interaction and activity and it makes them want to listen to it.

4. Record the show and make a Podcast out of it so people can listen and hear the show and then they can decide if they want to pay for it. They don't know if they want to pay for it when they can't hear it.

Look I could go on all day long but there is no need to. You need to quit attacking this small fan support site and decide if you want people to take part in your show and how to go about it. At this current point there is no reason for me to listen to the show because I know nothing about it other then word of mouth. Word of mouth travels far for bad and near for good.

No one is going to tell everyone about a great talk show that showcased the Wyoming Cowboys but everyone is going to tell everyone about a terrible one that focused on an irrelevant college.

You want national coverage and user interaction make people want to listen to the show!

THIS IS EXACTLY AND 100% WHY THE MTN FAILED, DON'T FOLLOW IN THOSE STEPS!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I agree with WYO2DAL. I respect the fact that you are trying to bring coverage to the Pokes but if you have a problem or issue first look at what you can do to make it better before attacking people with your rants. This is a forum where we as poke fans have discussion on team issues in support of the cowboys and their fans. I really question your motives. The whole thing seems pretty strange. From what I have read you didn't go to UW and you have no tie to us. You are attacking us as a fan base for something we didn't ask for. I just don't think your attack was appropriate or warranted. Again the exposure is appreciated but I think you need to watch the attitude.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyo2dal should be the UW media coordinator :cool:
I'm good for 3!