Who will lead the WRs?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Who leads the WRs in touchdowns? How many?
In yards? How many?
In receptions? How many?

TD's=Herron @ 13
Yards= Rufran @ 900
Completions= Claiborne @ 80

I think Herron will be the deep ball and red zone guy.
I think Rufran will be getting a lot of 20+ receptions but won't have the wheels to bust off huge TDs like Herron, but will be a damn good player this season. Like he has in the past, but will enjoy a break out season.
And Claiborne is going to be the guy that gets the most catches, especially on 2nd and short and 3rd downs just moving the chains. A lot of under 10 yard receptions for him.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I think Herron has a monster year and leads all three

14 TDs
1080 yds
86 Catches
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Herron in everything.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Herron in everything.
How many of each?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: How many of each?
Assuming he and Smith stay healthy....

TDs: 9
Yards: 1100
Completions: 80
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Robert has a shot at being a pro. there are very few, maybe 0 mountain west dbs that can cover him in one-on-one press coverage... elite speed.

I think that with this depth, and if he stays healthy, he will be a touchdown and YAC monster. but I don't think he will have over 60 receptions. all this talent and brett's ability to find single coverage will limit his receptions. however, I think he will be in the top 15 nationally in yards after catch, and close to the top fifteen for touchdowns

honestly I don't think any of our receivers get over 50 receptions, and only herron will come close to 1000 yards...

we may get some surprise production out of the new guys
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

actually, scratch that... I think herron can average 6 catches a game... so 72 receptions.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I think Herron will lead in all 3 categories. Brett does a good job of distributing the ball so he won't be breaking any records though.

Rufran will be second. His first two seasons have been incredibly productive.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

TD: Rufran 11
Yards: Herron 980
Completions: Rufran 80
I think that Rufran will win the TD and completions due to the fact that he is becoming Brett's favorite receiver and I think he will be the go to guy in the red zone and on short yardage. I think that Herron will be close in TD's and that he gets more yards due to the deep threat that he possesses.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Heron won't stay healthy. He is hurt all the time....he is still nursing his hamstring that he strained in the spring game! My prediction is he will miss at least three games this year. When he is healthy and wants to play he is s force to be reckoned with!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Herron will man up and show us what he's all about!!!!! the 16-6 connection will be a sight to see
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:Heron won't stay healthy. He is hurt all the time....he is still nursing his hamstring that he strained in the spring game! My prediction is he will miss at least three games this year. When he is healthy and wants to play he is s force to be reckoned with!
I haven't heard anything about that.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

bump

just want to keep this topic alive, as camp and scrimmages pass by, I think we will still see herron as the "koby Bryant" of our wide receivers. but, it looks like our big wideouts are fighting for more gametime reps.

honestly, we need to have a big target wide receiver out there for every possession, rotate it, keep them fresh.

we need to keep the defense's number 1 db occupied with size... letting players like herron, Claiborne, and Ruf-Eee-O run underneath routes against linebackers.

its the best attack. and if you put krill or bruce either pushing the safety with a seam route, or blocking underneath... we can really get dynamic.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I am stoked to watch these WR's go off all season. I agree about Herron being the "Kobe Bryant" except I hate Kobe so I would use a different term haha.
Wyo has a lot of REALLY GOOD WR's, but Herron is just in a league of his own out there. It is impressive.
If him and Smith stay healthy this season, we might just maybe see another Bilitnekoff (spelling?) award winner here.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: If him and Smith stay healthy this season, we might just maybe see another Bilitnekoff (spelling?) award winner here.
Bama's Amare Cooper has that all wrapped up. Guy had 4 catches for 182 yards and 3 TDs in a scrimmage against the Tide defense. Could have Heisman-type season.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: If him and Smith stay healthy this season, we might just maybe see another Bilitnekoff (spelling?) award winner here.
Bama's Amare Cooper has that all wrapped up. Guy had 4 catches for 182 yards and 3 TDs in a scrimmage against the Tide defense. Could have Heisman-type season.
4 catches, 182 yards 3 TDs....holy shiite!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: 4 catches, 182 yards 3 TDs....holy shiite!
He's a Heisman front-runner no doubt. True Freshman last year for the Crimson Tide. Ridiculous how much talent Saban has.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: 4 catches, 182 yards 3 TDs....holy shiite!
He's a Heisman front-runner no doubt. True Freshman last year for the Crimson Tide. Ridiculous how much talent Saban has.
It really is amazing how he recruits. I don't even get how it started. I mean I know he was good @ LSU, good enough to get him into the NFL, but then when he got to Alabama it was like he was just all of a sudden getting the best classes every year.
What is his recruiting pitch to those kids? Now, he has definitely made Alabama an established program that everyone wants to go to, but good God how did he start getting the best recruits from day 1?

But I still don't think that he is the best coach around. Best recruiter there is, but from recent college years, I think Harbough and Pete Carroll are better coaches, and their NFL resumes since they have gotten to the NFC West speak for themselves.
And I think Urban Meyer is still better.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bump.

After 2 games the WR leaders are....

Completions: Rufran 16
Yards: Herron 214
TDs: Rufran 3
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Rufran looking less like a kid without his helmet.
W-Y, Until I Die!