Who will lead the WRs?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wasn't there someone on here earlier this summer or in the spring sometime that was saying that Gentry was being lazy and not working as hard and not impressing the new coaching staff? I vaguely remember something along those lines...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Wasn't there someone on here earlier this summer or in the spring sometime that was saying that Gentry was being lazy and not working as hard and not impressing the new coaching staff? I vaguely remember something along those lines...
Yep someone said that, but when I would go to the gym on Friday nights I would ALWAYS see him in there Friday night lifting.
I don't buy the lazy part.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I didn't really buy into it, just thought I remembered hearing it.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I guess we shall see. I liked him last year. Who's to say what 2014 will bring.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm still wondering what Sewell's deal is. Wasn't one of the highest ranked recruits his year? I know he got pretty sick his RSFr year, but holy balls, work out and maybe sniff the playing turf sometime in 5 yrs. It's been mentioned that he's bulked up quite a bit, but also that he's a bit lazy or something. It's just frustrating, because hi recruiting highlight reel from a combine somewhere was really impressive. He damn near juked a dude out of his shoes, if I remember correctly.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:I'm still wondering what Sewell's deal is. Wasn't one of the highest ranked recruits his year? I know he got pretty sick his RSFr year, but holy balls, work out and maybe sniff the playing turf sometime in 5 yrs. It's been mentioned that he's bulked up quite a bit, but also that he's a bit lazy or something. It's just frustrating, because hi recruiting highlight reel from a combine somewhere was really impressive. He damn near juked a dude out of his shoes, if I remember correctly.
Yeah this year he should be on the field. SHOULD.

But I have actually heard of an athlete getting super sick, then many years finally getting to peak healthy.
That was just one athlete though, and it was Tom Danielson (cyclist).

I think Sewell should be playing now.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

#82 is no longer a walk-on. #prouddad
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

jarhead wrote:#82 is no longer a walk-on. #prouddad
Dude...this deserves it's own thread! Not just another comment in some old thread!

Congrats to you and especially Tanner!
jarhead
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Dude...this deserves it's own thread! Not just another comment in some old thread!

Congrats to you and especially Tanner!
Thanks Beav. He has worked hard for it. Kudos to Coach Bohl for recognizing it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Awesome!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Same here, Congrats to your boy! Your boy's living a dream a lot of us didn't get to live, he gets to wear that Bucking horse on his helmet.

Here's to you and your boy!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Great News! Besides saving you a few bucks, it's a lesson for your son and all the other players, that this coach will recognize and reward hard work and talent. I hope he sees the field a lot this season. Congratulations to both of you!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Congratulations to Tanner! This is a BIG deal! He busted his ass and earned it! :dance:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Congratulations! Hard work can definitely pay off. :)

Thank you for raising a Cowboy!