Fresno State @ Wyoming - GTS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

You all know the drill by now.....

To hell with it......these are just for fun anyway. I am predicting that on Saturday, news of bad weather circulates throughout Laramie and gets into the heads of Fresno's players. It will be windy and very cold.....maybe not very cold by a Wyomingite's standards, but definitely by a Californian's standards. The conditions make it hard for Fresno's one-dimensional offense to operate at full-strength, especially when things intensify because the sun is down. Fresno has played down to its opponents in recent weeks, and I think that occurs again. It will still take a lot of luck for Wyoming to win, but my prediction is based on Fresno's seemingly endless amounts of luck in close games running out on Saturday night. A missed game-winning FG by Fresno late leads to overtime where Wyoming capitalizes.......

Bulldogs 30, Pokes 33 OT.

Again, as usual.....don't get bent out of shape by anyone's predictions. These are just for fun and have zero influence on what happens Saturday....so post away.....
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Let's have a little fun this week :thumb: . I think that the weather will be crummy and snowing and that it will cause Carr some problems. Fresno will struggle throwing the ball in unusual conditions for them, and with a non-existent run game they will struggle to move the ball. Wyoming will turn to the run game early and often and Wick will have a field day against a weak Fresno d. With the cold weather and the problems with grip Carr throws a couple of picks and we recover a fumble or two as well. The Pokes pull out the major upset, and probably the biggest win for the program in a long time. The Pokes pull out a close one on a late field goal 41-38.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Fresno wins the coin toss and scores within 2 mins. The rest is history.

Part of this prediction is to simply manage my expectations. That way I am not "shocked" if this doesn't happen.

In all honesty, this game intrigues me. The spread being 10 points or so is SURPRISING to say the least. I can see this game going either way. My homerism and heart says we pull the upset. My brain (after watching our D) says we get rolled.

I know we cant do two scores, but I will anyway contingent upon yards allowed.

If Fresno is less than 400 yards... Pokes 38-30

My final prediction is Fresno 45-31

Dammit I hate being a cowboy fan at times.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

WYO 42-FSU 28.
Wyoming will use the weather to its advantage. Catching a hard ball in 30 degree weather feels like your hands are being smashed. UW WRs are used to that feeling. FSU will have lots of dropped passes. Wyomings passing game keeps us even at 28 all. WYOs rushing between Wick, Smith, Miller and Easton make the difference.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Wyoming 50 points. Bulldogs more...
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo 41-Fresno 38

The game turns into the Brett Smith and Shaun Wick show, with some nice TD passes by Carr.
When it comes down to it, Smith and Wick end up running all over the Fresno D. And with the cold weather, Carr isn't able to connect on as many passes as he would like but still makes quite a few good plays, including a late TD pass and 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game, but for once Wyoming special teams wins the game by recovering the onside kick!
Smith with 300 plus yards in the air, 3 passing TDs, 100 plus rush yards, 1 rush TD.
Wick 150 rush yards 2 rush TDs
Carr 300+ pass yards, 5 TDs.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Depends on how close the Pokes can stay with Fresno. If the Pokes get down big early, they may just say "to hell with this, just get it over with and let's get to the warm confines of the Buck". Of course they may not. We will see on
Frozen-Ass-Saturday.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

It seems I'm the only true pessimist so far.

Fresno 49
Wyo 30
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I think Fresno will protect Carr after the first half slaughter...and the final score will seem closer than the game actually was: Fresno 56 Wyoming 42 on a cold, crisp, decent night with little or no wind.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think the change on the defensive coaching side of things will do wonders.....and Fresno isn't as good as their record. It will be cold and it could be windy. Fresno's record in Laramie stays perfect.

Wyo 37
Fresno 31
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 235 times

Fresno 48, Wyoming 37

Wish I could be more optimistic. The only way I see us winning this one is forcing 3+ turnovers. But given the weather, it could happen.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 41 times

djm19 wrote:Fresno wins the coin toss and scores within 2 mins. The rest is history.

Part of this prediction is to simply manage my expectations. That way I am not "shocked" if this doesn't happen.

In all honesty, this game intrigues me. The spread being 10 points or so is SURPRISING to say the least. I can see this game going either way. My homerism and heart says we pull the upset. My brain (after watching our D) says we get rolled.

I know we cant do two scores, but I will anyway contingent upon yards allowed.

If Fresno is less than 400 yards... Pokes 38-30

My final prediction is Fresno 45-31

Dammit I hate being a cowboy fan at times.
I'm with you. This seems like the most reasonable guess to me.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Interesting thing about Fresno...they have played only 3 road games. They blew out Idaho in their first, but the last two have been a 5 point win at Hawaii and a 7 point win at SDSU. SDSU has played 2 or 3 similar opponents to Wyoming and Wyoming has played better in each.

Just an FYI.

Go Pokes!!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:Interesting thing about Fresno...they have played only 3 road games. They blew out Idaho in their first, but the last two have been a 5 point win at Hawaii and a 7 point win at SDSU. SDSU has played 2 or 3 similar opponents to Wyoming and Wyoming has played better in each.

Just an FYI.

Go Pokes!!
Exactly, Fresno is the most overrated team that there has been in a long time. They are not a very good football team they are just taking advantage of a very weak schedule and a down MW this year. they will lose at least one game the rest of the way as I don't see them winning all of these shootouts without a slip up, so why not us?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

YankPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Interesting thing about Fresno...they have played only 3 road games. They blew out Idaho in their first, but the last two have been a 5 point win at Hawaii and a 7 point win at SDSU. SDSU has played 2 or 3 similar opponents to Wyoming and Wyoming has played better in each.

Just an FYI.

Go Pokes!!
Exactly, Fresno is the most overrated team that there has been in a long time. They are not a very good football team they are just taking advantage of a very weak schedule and a down MW this year. they will lose at least one game the rest of the way as I don't see them winning all of these shootouts without a slip up, so why not us?
Because we've played a couple bad games in a row. CSU was the worst and not being able to stop SJSU late was enough to get the DC fired. But, we were right in that SJSU game. And, if a new DC along with a very good advisor can do anything different, I think the D will be much improved.

There is no reason to think this game couldn't go the Pokes way.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

If we get behind we must not abandon the run game. I hate when we start chucking the ball down field and go three and out. We have to keep Carr off the field and beat down on Fresnos defense. It will pay off in the 4th qtr when their Defense is gassed.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm thinking it's another Offensive shootout like the SJSU game, but our D makes a key stop and stops the BCS bid(which is kinda too bad) we've had a week to prepare and we don't like to lose at the War.
Comes down the the end, but Pokes come away with this one, 35-28
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Call me crazy, but I have a good feeling about this game. I think Wyoming pulls the upset, 38-37.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

mwc fan wrote:If we get behind we must not abandon the run game. I hate when we start chucking the ball down field and go three and out. We have to keep Carr off the field and beat down on Fresnos defense. It will pay off in the 4th qtr when their Defense is gassed.
But...but...but...the hurry up offense has worked so well this season! :rofl:

Here we go again! :coffee:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I have a good feeling about this one as well. The sports books down here in Nevada are all nervous about this one. Carr hasn't played many cold weather games on the road during his career. With temperatures in the high 20's in the 4th quarter (at least I hope they are in the 20's), he just might start to stiffen up a bit. A few good hits on Carr and planting him on the frozen tundra in Laramie might make him a bit gun shy. I hope Cain brings the pressure and they knock him down a few times. I think Wyoming's run game shines in this one and the Pokes win by 10.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.