wyo vs hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

wyo vs hawaii

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 am

Well we are not winning at Boise.
4-6 wyo playing Hawaii. For bowl hopes, wyo needs to win.
Leaving our bowl hope coming down to the Utah state- wyo game.
Can wyo do it? Win their final 2 games to go to a bowl?
To accept mediocrity, we have to become mediocre first. I will be stoked when we become a mediocre program. That's better than what we have been.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Re: wyo vs hawaii

Postby PokePride.com » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am

After watching then last night I am not holding my breath. HCDC offense has been to easy to defend lately. I will be at the Hawaii game but as of right now would not be surprised if Wyoming is win number 1 for Hawaii.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am

Hawai'i has at least played competitively in most their games. It won't be easy to beat them but we SHOULD.
@usu though.....it will be very similar to DC and ACS first season...going to foco to get a W to go bowling for the last game of the season. Difference is, usu is much better than that csu team.
To accept mediocrity, we have to become mediocre first. I will be stoked when we become a mediocre program. That's better than what we have been.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Postby LawPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:30 am

A low level bowl would be the worst thing for us, IMO. It would continue the charade that we are a decent team and further gloss over the fact that we are going backwards. Low level bowls, after the first year of two of a new coaching administration, are the death knell. They incite mediocrity.

We either need to win out (can't believe I even typed that, as it will not happen) or we need to get to next season, find someone new to lead the ship (and I mean that to include more than DC) and go forward.

For my part, I might not donate to the general CJC fund for much longer...but of my modest donation, I would continue to give at the same level if I could split it between the general scholarship fund and a coaching (head coach, assistants, etc.) excellence fund. I want to support the kids, but think that the best way to do it might be to give them coaches that can instill a sense of pride in UW again, while also helping fund scholarships. Hell, I'd even give a little bit toward that logo riddled SUV thing that they talk about in the consultant report, if that would help. Perhaps I will do that after the folks in Old Main finally arrive at a thoughtful JUCO transfer program that isn't so elitist. If they have gone to school and got the grades, let them transfer the credits...this ain't Harvard.
LawPoke
Ranch Hand

Postby Wyokie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

But....now....Oh, boy..... :roll:

I'm going to need to get a 6-pack of Coors Light to watch this farce on-line November 23. With my lucky, I'll probably drink all 6 bottles by halftime!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken shit! And we're getting chicken shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
WyoNation Moderator

Postby McPeachy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Wyokie wrote:I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

I'm going to need to get a 6-pack of Coors Light to watch this farce on-line November 23. With my lucky, I'll probably drink all 6 bottles by halftime!

6 pack? LOL.

Lightweight.

You know what having sex on a beach, and Coors Light (and Bud light for that matter) have in common?

They are both fucking near water.
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg
McPeachy
WyoNation Addict

Postby Wyokie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:24 pm

McPeachy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I actually had high hopes for this game being good at the beginning of the year partly since I have a bunch of good friends in the Islands whom I met on Sports Hawaii.

6 pack? LOL.

Lightweight.

You know what having sex on a beach, and Coors Light (and Bud light for that matter) have in common?

They are both fucking near water.

I know but light lagers like Coors Light don't give me headaches. Stuff like Coors or Budweiser did. Can't stand ales.

BTW, beer here is 3.2% shit! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken shit! And we're getting chicken shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
WyoNation Moderator

Postby MrTitleist » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Oklahoma is oppressive. I had a nice 11% beer the other day.. knocked me on my ass temporarily.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
WyoNation Overlord

Postby Wyokie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:01 pm

MrTitleist wrote:Oklahoma is oppressive. I had a nice 11% beer the other day.. knocked me on my ass temporarily.

I would love to have that beer. Oklahoma is belt buckle of the Bible Belt. Still shocked there are strip clubs here.....but sadly you can only see the girls with the tops off. No complete nudity.

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
WyoNation Moderator

Postby The Virginian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 pm

BeaverPoke wrote:Well we are not winning at Boise.

You seriously want this team in a bowl game? No thank you. I don't want to have them get their asses handed to them on National TV. Just let this season die a quiet death.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry
The Virginian
Ranch Hand

Postby ZapPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Hey, watch it. Last year I said the Cowboys shouldn't play in that post season b-ball tournament I got ripped a new one.
“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”
― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
ZapPoke
Buckaroo

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 pm

The Virginian wrote:

You seriously want this team in a bowl game? No thank you. I don't want to have them get their asses handed to them on National TV. Just let this season die a quiet death.

Uhh yes I want them in a bowl game. I'm not going to cheer against Wyoming to not make a bowl game and win one, then somehow justify it as being a better fan for cheering for them to lose.
The goal is to win a bowl game, it's still possible, and that's what I want.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Postby cowboyz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm

BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:

Uhh yes I want them in a bowl game. I'm not going to cheer against Wyoming to not make a bowl game and win one, then somehow justify it as being a better fan for cheering for them to lose.

I'd like to see them make a bowl game for the extra 20 practices if nothing else. However, even if we win 2 of 3 I don't see us going to one. The MWC has 6 bowl games. FSU, USU and Boise are locks. UNLV beats NM and they're at 6, CSU beats NM or AF and they're at 6, SDS beats HI and they're at 6, San Jose beats NV or Navy and they're at 6. We win 2 of 3 and we're at 6. Even if FSU goes to a BCS bowl, we're still one bowl game short. With our small market and getting clocked last time out, we probably don't get the invite.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 pm

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:

I'd like to see them make a bowl game for the extra 20 practices if nothing else. However, even if we win 2 of 3 I don't see us going to one. The MWC has 6 bowl games. FSU, USU and Boise are locks. UNLV beats NM and they're at 6, CSU beats NM or AF and they're at 6, SDS beats HI and they're at 6, San Jose beats NV or Navy and they're at 6. We win 2 of 3 and we're at 6. Even if FSU goes to a BCS bowl, we're still one bowl game short. With our small market and getting clocked last time out, we probably don't get the invite.

Also depends on if CSU gets in a 6-7 (13 game schedule) and how many bowl eligible teams there are in the country.
Regardless, I still hope Wyoming ends up 7-5 and beats Boise. Always cheer for the Pokes to win, regardless of what bowls are eligible.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Postby cowboyz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:00 pm

BeaverPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:

Also depends on if CSU gets in a 6-7 (13 game schedule) and how many bowl eligible teams there are in the country.
Regardless, I still hope Wyoming ends up 7-5 and beats Boise. Always cheer for the Pokes to win, regardless of what bowls are eligible.

A win vs. Boise would take a lot of the sting out and 7-5 would get us a bowl game, as all the teams I mentioned won't get 7. CSU could get to 7-6 by beating AF and NM. Both very winnable. Plus, I don't see FSU making a BCS bowl. But there just isn't always enough bowl games to go around. Western Kentucky got burned at 7-5 last year. Louisiana Tech also got burned, but that was their own fault.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

A-Even thinking about a Bowl scenario.

B-Wants to see Wyoming in a Bowl game.

C-Feels this team is even anywhere close to Bowl worthiness.

My word...

Are you serious?

This football program is shipwrecked.

The last 3 games we have given up, 52, 51, and yesterday, 48 points.

And some of you are talking Bowl possibilities?

You mean, you want to see more of this team?

A Bowl Game?

Seriously?

Riddle me this; would you vote for A-2 more wins and the potential of a bowl game invite - and the return of the same cast and crew next season. Or B-3 more losses and the complete house cleaning of the football department?

Me? I'll take the latter...and I'll do so without any apologies.

Go POKES.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:08 pm

DocHolliday wrote:I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

My word...

Are you serious?

Really? I mean seriously?
You don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game? Then you are not a Wyoming fan. Don't even try and say how you are if you don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game.
What a joke.

And to think about a bowl scenario, my god it's not like they are 0-6 and need to win 6 straight. They just need to win 2 out of the last 3 games.
And bowl worthiness is winning 6 games. If this team wins 6 games they are bowl worthy. That's the way it works so deal with it.

I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a Wyo fan and DON'T want them to go to a bowl game.
What a bunch of bullshit.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Postby Pokes Forever » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:18 pm

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:I simply cannot believe anyone in their right mind is:

My word...

Are you serious?

Really? I mean seriously?
You don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game? Then you are not a Wyoming fan. Don't even try and say how you are if you don't want to see Wyo in a bowl game.
What a joke.

And to think about a bowl scenario, my god it's not like they are 0-6 and need to win 6 straight. They just need to win 2 out of the last 3 games.
And bowl worthiness is winning 6 games. If this team wins 6 games they are bowl worthy. That's the way it works so deal with it.

I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a Wyo fan and DON'T want them to go to a bowl game.
What a bunch of bullshit.

Six wins makes you bowl eligible.......not necessarily worthy......a blowout last night, another probable next week (hope not just being realistic) both on national TV.......great for recruiting!
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

Postby Adv8RU12 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm

The whole issue of the Pokes making it to a bowl this year presents a moral dilemma: Go to a "trash" bowl and Dave stays to create another painful season to watch but the players get some satisfaction. Fail at a bowl and the players are penalized (although many may wish the season would just end) but Dave probably goes, at least creating hope for the future.
Adv8RU12
A Real Cowboy

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby The Virginian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 pm

DocHolliday wrote:I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.

Doc, I don't see eye-to-eye with you on a lot of things, but this one I'm 100 percent with you.
The Virginian
Ranch Hand

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 pm

The Virginian wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:I'm sorry if I cannot agree with some of the fan base here.

A bowl game.

For this team.

That's pretty rich.

Doc, I don't see eye-to-eye with you on a lot of things, but this one I'm 100 percent with you.

The other guy is out and out ridiculous...his inability to objectively and clearly see this situation for what it is is absurd.

They have a game coming up and this guy is all energized and seeing things through Brown & Gold glasses...come on boys! We can do it! We can win! Cain will make our defense brand new!

Then they lose...then he vents with this and that about how he cannot take it any longer, he was wrong about Christensen...

Then the next week he puffs out his chest again, buys some optimism, asks everyone here; 'can we win?'

Then he goes on and on about how we're set to turn it around...cannot wait for gameday!

They lose (as they did last night) he then vents immediately after the game...and then 24 hours later he begins his illogical methods all over again.

Now he's talking about a Bowl game.

Again.

They lose this coming weekend 61-7 and this guy will still be talking about a bowl game so long as a measly 6 wins is still possible.

He also infers that if I don't want to see the Pokes in a Bowl game this season, then I'm not a fan?

I'm sorry, but I'm not into short term gratification.

The guy is a joke - and more than that he's as predictable as another Wyoming blowout loss.

Coming to a Saturday game near you.

Soon.
Last edited by DocHolliday on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby BeaverPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

How about this scenario.
Wyoming gets to a bowl game, and wins it.
Then Sternberg fires Burman for running a program that has only gotten to a bowl game 3 times.
New AD lays it out pretty clearly for DC and the crew: MWC title next year, OR win 10+ next season, or you're done.

The goal is a bowl game right? I know we are all frustrated, but to hope that the team doesn't get to a bowl game is not what a real fan does.

You are painting this picture like it's either we don't get to a bowl and DC gets fired or we do get to a bowl game and DC stays on board forever.

While Sternberg was at OK-State, they would have fired an AD if the football team could only get to a bowl game 3 times in 5 years.
He might be bringing that mentality to UW.

As a fan you should still want the team to get to a bowl game and win it. You can also hope that Burman gets fired because of it as well.
But you shouldn't be hoping the team loses. That is a joke, how can you call yourself a fan?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm

BeaverPoke wrote:How about this scenario.
Then Sternberg fires Burman for running a program that has only gotten to a bowl game 3 times.
New AD lays it out pretty clearly for DC and the crew: MWC title next year, OR win 10+ next season, or you're done.

The goal is a bowl game right? I know we are all frustrated, but to hope that the team doesn't get to a bowl game is not what a real fan does.

You are painting this picture like it's either we don't get to a bowl and DC gets fired or we do get to a bowl game and DC stays on board forever.

While Sternberg was at OK-State, they would have fired an AD if the football team could only get to a bowl game 3 times in 5 years.

As a fan you should still want the team to get to a bowl game and win it. You can also hope that Burman gets fired because of it as well.
But you shouldn't be hoping the team loses. That is a joke, how can you call yourself a fan?

Negative.

I reject all of your scenarios.

I want the entire thing torn down and a new foundation built.

Listen though, even if they lose THIS weekend...you are aware that we still have 2 games left and we STILL could get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible?

How exciting!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby The Virginian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:54 pm

I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Back in the day there were only a few bowl games and it meant something. Wyoming going to the 1968 Sugar Bowl is 100 times more meaningful and relevant than it's two New Mexico Bowl appearances.
The Virginian
Ranch Hand

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:56 pm

The Virginian wrote:I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Back in the day there were only a few bowl games and it meant something. Wyoming going to the 1968 Sugar Bowl is 100 times more meaningful and relevant than it's two New Mexico Bowl appearances.

Amen, sir, Amen.

As an aside, I have always felt that the entire premise of any team going to a bowl game with 6 wins is preposterous and only cheapens and waters down the CFB post season environment.

To me, if you can't win at least 8 games during the regular season then you have no business playing in a 'bowl'.

Mediocrity ain't just found in Laramie these days.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby Wyokie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 pm

DocHolliday wrote:
The Virginian wrote:I really don't care if we make the Potato Peel Dot Com Bowl. I care about winning conference championships. That's where I want us to be. Win the championship and the bowl game will follow. Besides, you know a lot of universities lose money going to these crappy ESPN-driven bowls because they have to buy up the unsold tickets plus the cost of travel and other expenses.

Amen, sir, Amen.

As an aside, I have always felt that the entire premise of any team going to a bowl game with 6 wins is preposterous and only cheapens and waters down the CFB post season environment.

To me, if you can't win at least 8 games during the regular season then you have no business playing in a 'bowl'.

Mediocrity ain't just found in Laramie these days.

+1

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
WyoNation Moderator

Postby YankPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 pm

DocHolliday wrote:

Negative.

Listen though, even if they lose THIS weekend...you are aware that we still have 2 games left and we STILL could get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible?

How exciting!

Doc you continually seem like you aren't a Wyoming fan. All that BP is saying is you should NEVER be rooting for your team to lose, there is nothing wrong with rooting for Wyoming to win, hell that is the point of being a fan. The only time you come around is when we lose, it is almost like you enjoy it. It seems like all you ever want is people to be fired, all BP wants is for the people to actually cheer for Wyoming to win every game and not be cheering for them to lose.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Postby DocHolliday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 pm

YankPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Negative.

How exciting!

Doc you continually seem like you aren't a Wyoming fan. All that BP is saying is you should NEVER be rooting for your team to lose, there is nothing wrong with rooting for Wyoming to win, hell that is the point of being a fan. The only time you come around is when we lose, it is almost like you enjoy it. It seems like all you ever want is people to be fired, all BP wants is for the people to actually cheer for Wyoming to win every game and not be cheering for them to lose.

Excuse me? Your accusation is absolute bullshit, pardon my French.

Enjoy losing?

I detest it, I hold losing in utter contempt my friend.

I know a loser when I see one, and I know a losing program when I view one enough times.

If the truth hurts I don't care.

I cannot and will not stand by this administration a second longer.

You wish to?

That's your choice.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Postby YankPoke » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 pm

I never said I stand by the administration at all, I am just simply stating you should be rooting for Wyoming to win every game and get to bowl games, not hoping they will lose. I am with everyone else on this board, I hate losing more than probably anything in the world, and I want Burman and DC fired immediately. I just find it disgusting that people want us to lose games instead of always cheering for Wyoming to win.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Next

Return to Cowboy and MWC Football