wyo vs hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Says a lot about someone's character to try to take away something from 18-23 yr old kids just to soothe their own injured pride.

It ain't about you.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I agree with wanting to see Wyoming win but losing these last 2-3 games may be the ONLY way to save the football program.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Says a lot about someone's character to try to take away something from 18-23 yr old kids just to soothe their own injured pride.

It ain't about you.
Tell that to the guy that has put those kids into that situation through poor coaching decisions and the inability to make adjustments that will allow those kids the opportunity to win. Nobody wants Wyoming to lose but seriously have you not watched this team?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

YankPoke wrote:I never said I stand by the administration at all, I am just simply stating you should be rooting for Wyoming to win every game and get to bowl games, not hoping they will lose. I am with everyone else on this board, I hate losing more than probably anything in the world, and I want Burman and DC fired immediately. I just find it disgusting that people want us to lose games instead of always cheering for Wyoming to win.
Exactly how I feel.

But no Doc has to cheer for a 4-8 season.
I want the bowl win, and Burman fired anyways.

But nope, we have to be awful.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

Pokes Forever wrote:Nobody wants Wyoming to lose but seriously have you not watched this team?
I have watched this team, which is why I think you shouldn't have to be too worried about getting those 2-3 more losses you're wanting.

Have you bought your Boise blue and Hawai'i green yet?
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Pokes Forever wrote:Nobody wants Wyoming to lose but seriously have you not watched this team?
I have watched this team, which is why I think you shouldn't have to be too worried about getting those 2-3 more losses you're wanting.

I'm not hoping for those loses....just being realistic and actually comprehending what people are posting....you should try it! Don't know anything about Boise blue or Hawaii green as there is noon formation about that printed on my season tickets
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Pokes Forever wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

I'm not hoping for those loses....just being realistic and actually comprehending what people are posting....you should try it! Don't know anything about Boise blue or Hawaii green as there is noon formation about that printed on my season tickets
Whether people have watched the team or not you should still cheer for them to win!
If they lose against Boise or not you should still cheer for them to beat Hawaii and Utah State.
If they get into a bowl game you should still cheer for them to win.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

I fully understand what people are posting, I said that earlier in the thread. The logic is sound, the principle of it is not.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

YankPoke wrote:No argument here, bowl games are a joke and there are way too many of them. You should at least have to be 7-5 minimum to make a bowl not this 6-6 bull. There should be a 16 team playoff exactly like FCS and get rid of bowls entirely.
FCS is a 24 team playoff field starting this year. Even FCS is starting to reward mediocrity.
ImageImageImageImage
YankPoke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
YankPoke wrote:No argument here, bowl games are a joke and there are way too many of them. You should at least have to be 7-5 minimum to make a bowl not this 6-6 bull. There should be a 16 team playoff exactly like FCS and get rid of bowls entirely.
FCS is a 24 team playoff field starting this year. Even FCS is starting to reward mediocrity.
Did not hear about that. I always thought 16 was the perfect number for football.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

It is.
ImageImageImageImage
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I will never root for Wyoming to lose. That is horrible if you want Wyoming to lose so you can more easily fire the coach. An insult to the players who have donned the Brown and Gold.

Yes, I have watched the team this year and don't expect Wyoming to win another game except Hawaii. So I think you sill get what you are wanting. But if the choices are watching Wyoming finish 7-5 or Wyoming finishing 4-8 and firing the coach, I will choose 7-5 every time.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

If we somehow manage a bowl, I'll take it, it would at least be something for the players. I'll NEVER root for WYoming to lose, that's the anti-thesis of being a fan. That said, unless something major happens over the next few weeks, we may be lucky to even beat Hawaii. Do I want us to lose? Hell no. f-word no. But its getting harder and harder to see how we will win anymore games the way things have been going.

Anyone on this forum actually rooting for Wyoming to lose does not give a poop about the players and what they do and sacrifice everytime they set foot on the field. You can go off and be a sheep or a byu fan then.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Hey I don't what to root for us to lose either but if we don't, the morons i.e., Burman (especially) and CDC will not be fired and things could very well get much worse for us. Plus the good ole boy system will stay intact.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:Hey I don't what to root for us to lose either but if we don't, the morons i.e., Burman (especially) and CDC will not be fired and things could very well get much worse for us. Plus the good ole boy system will stay intact.
That's exactly what I am trying to explain to you guys!
You keep acting like if we don't lose those guys get extensions or something!
Maybe under Buchanan but NOT Sternberg. He doesn't accept mediocrity.
We can still win 6 games, get into a bowl game and win it, and have people get fired.
This is the new administration we are dealing with, NOT the good ole boys club.

But yet no one reads or pays attention to anything I have been saying...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

why would Wyo accept a bowl game even if we get eligible, oh yeah need the $$$ lmao
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Hey I don't what to root for us to lose either but if we don't, the morons i.e., Burman (especially) and CDC will not be fired and things could very well get much worse for us. Plus the good ole boy system will stay intact.
That's exactly what I am trying to explain to you guys!
You keep acting like if we don't lose those guys get extensions or something!
Maybe under Buchanan but NOT Sternberg. He doesn't accept mediocrity.
We can still win 6 games, get into a bowl game and win it, and have people get fired.
This is the new administration we are dealing with, NOT the good ole boys club.

But yet no one reads or pays attention to anything I have been saying...
If he keeps on the way he is I would almost guess that Sternberg will be gone before any of them! LOL he is pissing people off left and right. The board of Trustees are wondering what the hell they go themselves into!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

when it's all we know it's kinda the norm around here, we don't know how to really win around here, man oh man when and if that season does come