Herdon...take off that Nebraska hoody!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This kid constantly wear a Nebraska Huskers hoody around campus and wore it to the Spring game. Take that poop off or move to Lincoln!
Where is the Wyo pride?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

lame.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

It is perfectly OK for him to wear a Nebraska hoodie -- provided he took it away from a Nebraska Line-backer.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I regularly wore my "Pokes" sweatshirt on campus while in grad school at Nebraska-Lincoln. I even had to explain what a Poke is to the chair of my department at UNL. I am willing to give a little slack so long as he cheered for the right team last fall in Lincoln.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

WyoExpat wrote:I regularly wore my "Pokes" sweatshirt on campus while in grad school at Nebraska-Lincoln. I even had to explain what a Poke is to the chair of my department at UNL. I am willing to give a little slack so long as he cheered for the right team last fall in Lincoln.
Yeah, but while you were at UNL you were a UW graduate and you weren't an athlete. Makes a difference in my opinion.

Herndon never went to school in Lincoln and he is certainly more than just a mere fan.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
WyoExpat wrote:I regularly wore my "Pokes" sweatshirt on campus while in grad school at Nebraska-Lincoln. I even had to explain what a Poke is to the chair of my department at UNL. I am willing to give a little slack so long as he cheered for the right team last fall in Lincoln.
Yeah, but while you were at UNL you were a UW graduate and you weren't an athlete. Makes a difference in my opinion.

Herndon never went to school in Lincoln and he is certainly more than just a mere fan.
Exactly.
Difference between students and athletes.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

heh you guys will find anything to bitch about during the dead sports season of the year, Football can't come soon enough.

On a side note, I have to explain my colors to my roommates friends at every ASU game.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I had a friend go to ASU. Orignally Boise State because they offered him a track scholly (helped lead BSU to WAC track titles), then he transferred to ASU for academic reasons. Last I heard, he's still in Arizona, but was raised in Laramie since at least the age of 4 (known him isnce preschool). Though the highschool basketball team did try to recruit him, since he's about 6'6, but I would be surprised if he weighed 200lbs dripping wet.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

does it mean he really doesn't want to be here, or is that his favorite football team, or is he looking to transfer out there someday??? hmmmmm
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

One thing, a lot of kids pick up free gear when they visit campuses. John Jackson posted a picture of him wearing SDSU shorts saying he felt dirty, but he thought they were nice shorts haha. I had tons of gear from campuses I visited but didnt attend. I don't think its an indication he's leaving or anything like that, but as a student athlete he needs to not wear that, especially to a school function.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

It's not that we see it as a sign he doesn't like it here or that he's wanting to leave.

It just seems strange to be a University of Wyoming athlete, attending an athletic function to support your fellow University of Wyoming athletes, and you're wearing University of Nebraska gear while leaving your massive abundance of free University of Wyoming gear sitting in your closet.

I don't think it's uncalled for to think that's an odd decision.

Not a far stretch to compare that to Craig Bohl wearing NDSU gear during practices or something.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I saw homeboy walking in the student section at the spring game sporting the Knebraska sweatshirt. Somebody asked who it was, and the reply was "a scholarshipped Wyoming basketball player." The reaction was mixed with laughter, and a bunch of WTF's.

He surely doesn't realize how much of a fool he looked like sporting that thing.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I don't think there's any question where his heart is at. His mom lettered at UW. He's a legacy. He commited to Wyoming very early in the process. He's a Wyoming guy through and through.

I agree though: Nebakraska?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:I saw homeboy walking in the student section at the spring game sporting the Knebraska sweatshirt. Somebody asked who it was, and the reply was "a scholarshipped Wyoming basketball player." The reaction was mixed with laughter, and a bunch of WTF's.

He surely doesn't realize how much of a fool he looked like sporting that thing.
Haha, yep. Many people around me were having similar conversations.

When you are that tall you attract attention. Especially when (not trying to sound like a racist), you and 2 other very large black men are walking around. Everyone has their eyes on them for a moment, and it sticks out like a sore red thumb, but even worse...a red Nebraska hoody.

Everyone noticed and has those WTF moments.