Amath M'Baye

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Anyone been keeping up or paying attention to summer league?

He has been putting himself in a great spot I have my fingers crossed for him.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Looked like he was killing it!
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Couldn't care less about M'Baye.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Couldn't care less about M'Baye.
+1
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I always liked that kid. He was one of the few that Heath recruited that was a decent person - he was respectful and grateful to be at Wyoming. He received some poor advice from a few folks, or he certainly would have graduated from UW>
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:I always liked that kid. He was one of the few that Heath recruited that was a decent person - he was respectful and grateful to be at Wyoming. He received some poor advice from a few folks, or he certainly would have graduated from UW>
I call major BS. The kid was very ungrateful to be a Poke, and you could tell by talking to his girlfriend. Him and her think Wyo is a total joke and will never be good-all of this coming after Schroyer got fired. If he was grateful, he would have at least waited to meet Larry Shyatt before taking his talents to Norman, Oklahoma. And I saw him get involved in a fight downtown outside the Buck. But seeing him get thrown onto a car hood by someone a foot and a half shorter is definitely my favorite memory of M'Baye.

It's one thing for Shamiel who had a legit reason to go to Okie State because of the family reason (not just being homesick like some of the players we had). And it's one thing for ACS to leave because of issues with DC and staff, plus he brought us our only bowl win in the last decade. M'Baye and Desmar didn't care about Wyo and showed it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I always liked that kid. He was one of the few that Heath recruited that was a decent person - he was respectful and grateful to be at Wyoming. He received some poor advice from a few folks, or he certainly would have graduated from UW>
I call major BS. The kid was very ungrateful to be a Poke, and you could tell by talking to his girlfriend. Him and her think Wyo is a total joke and will never be good-all of this coming after Schroyer got fired. If he was grateful, he would have at least waited to meet Larry Shyatt before taking his talents to Norman, Oklahoma. And I saw him get involved in a fight downtown outside the Buck. But seeing him get thrown onto a car hood by someone a foot and a half shorter is definitely my favorite memory of M'Baye.

It's one thing for Shamiel who had a legit reason to go to Okie State because of the family reason (not just being homesick like some of the players we had). And it's one thing for ACS to leave because of issues with DC and staff, plus he brought us our only bowl win in the last decade. M'Baye and Desmar didn't care about Wyo and showed it.
Uh, just to correct 1 thing, ACS got us our first bowl win in 5 years. Remember 2004 against UCLA?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Uh, just to correct 1 thing, ACS got us our first bowl win in 5 years. Remember 2004 against UCLA?
And now it is 2014.
It's been a decade since the Vegas Bowl, and we have 1 bowl win.
Yes at the time it was the first in 5 years, but now it sits as the only one in the last decade.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

You crack me up. I am an "old booster" - you are a "young student". He was always respectful to me and everyone I was around at the time. Also - of course they probably think Wyoming is a joke, their "man" Heath was just fired, and was filling their ears with propaganda about how bad Wyoming sucks, et al.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote: Uh, just to correct 1 thing, ACS got us our first bowl win in 5 years. Remember 2004 against UCLA?
And now it is 2014.
Yes at the time it was the first in 5 years, but now it sits as the only one in the last decade.
2 Bowl wins, since 2004 but opinions will always vary.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
And now it is 2014.
We don't cross the decade threshold for the 2004 Vegas Bowl until December. Strictly speaking, we still have two bowl wins within the past ten years (or 120 months).
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
And now it is 2014.
2 Bowl wins, since 2004 but opinions will always vary.
Don't worry Wyo2dal, mathematics is not subject to opinion. We still have 2 in the past decade.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lol if this isn't Wyoming Football in a nutshell then I don't know what is.

Let's argue over whether we have 1 or 2 bowls in the last decade, depending on what month we are in.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Lol if this isn't Wyoming Football in a nutshell then I don't know what is.

Let's argue over whether we have 1 or 2 bowls in the last decade, depending on what month we are in.
What month we're in has nothing to do with it, You made a mistake and you got corrected. Instead of bitching and moaning about it own your mistake and move on.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Okay you're right 2 in the last decade.

But 2 since 1967
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Won the Vegas Bowl in December of 2004
Since then, Wyo has won 1 bowl game.

2005, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 8 months of 2014

1 bowl in in the last 116 months, or 9.67 years.
At the very best, 1 in the last 9 seasons.

Spin it how you want, my point is people hate ACS even though he did something only 5 other QBs did: Win a bowl game for Wyo.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Won the Vegas Bowl in December of 2004

Spin it how you want, my point is people hate ACS even though he did something only 5 other QBs did: Win a bowl game for Wyo.
People hate ACS because he trash talked Wyoming after he left. There is a huge difference between leaving and showing class and leaving and being an asshole. He choose the asshole route instead of the class route so yes people hate him.

However if you want to get into semantics of the Bowl Game over 60 Cowboys took us to that game not ACS. So while ACS was part of a great Bowl Game win he sure as poop wasn't the only reason the Cowboys were there.

You can defend ACS until the die you die and I honestly don't care, Some people will hold grudges forever and others will forget about ACS until he gets brought up in one of these stupid posts.

A prime example of this is Kody Sutton, He did nothing negative to the team. He talked a big game and he believed in himself and yes he wasn't your " average " person in Wyoming. However people still talk poop about him like he poisoned the only well of water in Laramie.

People on these forums will hold grudges, hate players and bitch about anything and everything but the key to surviving it all just ignore the poop.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Won the Vegas Bowl in December of 2004

However if you want to get into semantics of the Bowl Game over 60 Cowboys took us to that game not ACS. So while ACS was part of a great Bowl Game win he sure as poop wasn't the only reason the Cowboys were there.
Like I said, only 5 other QBs