WYO Hoops 2014-15 Articles/Notes/Quotes/Pics/Videos

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:Larger photo:

So going off what Shyatt said in the media days interview: Herndon is the tallest player on the team, at nearly 6'10". He must be slouching in this photo. That means Matt Sellers and Johnathan Barnes are about 6'9"-6"10". Derek Cooke and Larry Nance are about 6'7"-6'8". Tyrell Williams looks about 6'6"-6'7". Mcmanamen and Gorski look about 6'5".

Still, with the physical build of some of these guys, it looks like we have more size in the post then we have in years.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Shyatt likes how team is shooting the ball early (WyoSports.net)

It was only five four-minute quarters.

But University of Wyoming men’s basketball coach Larry Shyatt said he liked what he saw offensively during a team scrimmage last Sunday in the Arena-Auditorium.

“We shot the ball very well, and our offense has been extremely unselfish,” said Shyatt prior to Monday’s practice. “There’s been more guys making shots and making plays.”

Shyatt said he “guessed” the team made 10 3-pointers during the scrimmage.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 195e7.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

From The Big Board: CJC Student Athlete Feature (WYO-VISION)

Larry Nance

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/524611700008304642 Wyoming senior forward Larry Nance Jr. fully cleared to practice

Wyoming senior forward Larry Nance Jr. has been fully medically cleared to participate fully in practices, head coach Larry Shyatt announced Tuesday.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 22b5a.html
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I am so stoked to hear Larry is cleared for practice. Things are really looking up for Cowboy basketball!!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wow! Just exactly what I gained. But I can't run as fast as I could or jump as high, but my ass has a nicer, rounder shape - easier to sit and watch the games this season.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:I am so stoked to hear Larry is cleared for practice. Things are really looking up for Cowboy basketball!!
Glad to see that the staff will remain on the conservative side in the early going with Larry. It'll be interesting to see how much banging they'll allow him to do in the closed scrimmage against Utah in 11 days. At least he'll have a solid month of hard work and contact in practice before the showdown with the Fluffs. We'll need him as close to full strength, as possible.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Preseason poll results for several 2014-15 WYO OOC opponents:

Utah (closed scrimmage) -- PAC12 (2nd)
Colorado -- PAC12 (T-3rd)
Cal -- PAC12 (8th)
SMU -- AAC (1st)
NMSU -- WAC (1st)
Denver -- Summit (2nd)
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

2014-15 Wyoming Cowboys Men's Basketball Preview (WYO-VISION)

Hear from Pokes Head Coach Larry Shyatt and 2014-15 MWC Preseason POY Larry Nance as they discuss the upcoming season, senior class as well as the Arena Auditorium renovations.

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Clear him all you want - that knee is still vulnerable. The coaches would be well advised to not let him mix it up, say scrambling for a loose ball. In addition he has lost some conditioning, so he should have limited minutes in the early season.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Clear him all you want - that knee is still vulnerable. The coaches would be well advised to not let him mix it up, say scrambling for a loose ball. In addition he has lost some conditioning, so he should have limited minutes in the early season.
They did say they would be pretty conservative with him going forward.