WYO Hoops 2014-15 Articles/Notes/Quotes/Pics/Videos

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here's a look at the post of the future. Johnathan Barnes is big.

http://instagram.com/p/udftkOS2Xb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:Here's a look at the post of the future. Johnathan Barnes is big.

http://instagram.com/p/udftkOS2Xb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a good picture. As Nance mentioned recently, Barnes already has the body of a 5th-year senior and he can move. Expecting big things from him as he grows within the program.

Herndon was the mystery (wildcard) heading into this season for me. We heard Coach Shy recently describe Alan as a talented, multi-position player with a high basketball IQ. That's good enough for me. A little on the light side, but you can never have too many good shot blockers on your team. Adams told me that Herndon would be spending time at the 3/4. The three-spot would be a mismatch with Alan's length, ability to shoot from outside and shot-block. Time will tell.

Looking for quality, physical defensive play out of Williams as he matures, too.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/525137302914215936 Wyoming F Larry Nance Jr. relishes return to practice

Larry Nance Jr. had the date circled on his calendar for months.

Monday, October 20.

That was the day, if everything went to plan, that he'd be medically cleared to fully participate in practices. Roughly eight months after tearing his right ACL in a victory over Fresno State, Wyoming's senior forward would be back on the Arena-Auditorium court, banging in the post with his teammates.

On Monday, the day arrived, as did the good news.

http://trib.com/news/opinion/blogs/cowb ... e5e31.html
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

POKE FAN wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Here's a look at the post of the future. Johnathan Barnes is big.

That's a good picture. As Nance mentioned recently, Barnes already has the body of a 5th-year senior and he can move. Expecting big things from him as he grows within the program.

Herndon was the mystery (wildcard) heading into this season for me. We heard Coach Shy recently describe Alan as a talented, multi-position player with a high basketball IQ. That's good enough for me. A little on the light side, but you can never have too many good shot blockers on your team. Adams told me that Herndon would be spending time at the 3/4. The three-spot would be a mismatch with Alan's length, ability to shoot from outside and shot-block. Time will tell.

Looking for quality, physical defensive play out of Williams as he matures, too.
Damn. Let's suit up Hankerson for the football team. I seriously bet he could contribute now with a physique like that.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Was told that Trey had really turned up the heat on the defensive end through summer/fall workouts.
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/525335365826396160
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Boot for a few weeks?! Count him out from full participation for the next month then.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:Boot for a few weeks?! Count him out from full participation for the next month then.
What you talkin' about Willis?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

If he's in a boot for a few weeks, that means no jogging, no running, etc. during that time period. It will take a week or 2 after losing the boot to get back to full participation.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Good reason to redshirt Washington (unless Shyatt wants to get him up and out of here). He's one player that could use a little more basketball maturity, in my opinion.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:If he's in a boot for a few weeks, that means no jogging, no running, etc. during that time period. It will take a week or 2 after losing the boot to get back to full participation.
Who? I didn't see who got injured. I went back and read the thread and didn't see who are talking about. Larry was the only injury I knew of.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:If he's in a boot for a few weeks, that means no jogging, no running, etc. during that time period. It will take a week or 2 after losing the boot to get back to full participation.
Who? I didn't see who got injured. I went back and read the thread and didn't see who are talking about. Larry was the only injury I knew of.
Trey Washington, PG #5
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Recent picture of the four true freshmen (courtesy of Barnes):

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Here is a mixtape of Jeremy Lieberman posted about a month ago. You can really see his ballhandling and shooting skills here. Really looking forward to seeing Jeremy on the floor this year:

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 144 times

POKE FAN wrote:Recent picture of the four true freshmen (courtesy of Barnes):

Didn't one of the four leave already?
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Didn't one of the four leave already?
Diontae Jones left the program. He's not pictured.

From left to right: Williams, Lieberman, Aka Gorski and Barnes.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

POKE FAN wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Didn't one of the four leave already?
Diontae Jones left the program. He's not pictured.

From left to right: Williams, Lieberman, Aka Gorski and Barnes.
Barnes and Williams are big boys! I like it! We'll be needing them as time goes on.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:
Trey Washington, PG #5
Thanks. Asked him on Twitter. He'll be out 6-8 weeks.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wow, that's quite the ankle injury. With that time table it might be a high ankle sprain or a pretty significant lateral sprain. Could also have chipped the end of the bone off of the fibula...interesting.