Landmark...jeezus

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
stymeman wrote:it's turning into Fort Knox, come on ticket checkers, remember your people, that's all we're asking. It's kinda taken away from the fun atmosphere the AA used to be, as for that letter...blah, blah, blah...lol
If the ticket checkers are taking away from the fun you're having, then it seems to me you were actively looking for a way to not have fun.
Man you're a stickler for authority.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I understand (at least somewhat) the need to check my ticket over and over again if I am trying to sit in the padded yellow seats in the lower bowl. But to repeatedly hound me before I can head into a completely empty upper bowl seat seems ridiculous, a waste of time and needless hassle.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
stymeman wrote:it's turning into Fort Knox, come on ticket checkers, remember your people, that's all we're asking. It's kinda taken away from the fun atmosphere the AA used to be, as for that letter...blah, blah, blah...lol
If the ticket checkers are taking away from the fun you're having, then it seems to me you were actively looking for a way to not have fun.
Geez man, get off it. If I get ticketed in a packed section, then ok, sure. But if I have to get ticketed more than twice (much less 5 or 6 times) for a section with 15 people in it, they can f-word off. Hell, I usually leave my ticket stub in my coat pocket back at my seat anyway.

It's the same way when I was a bouncer, if someone left to go smoke outside or run across the street to another bar, I didn't need to check their ID again when they came back 5-10 minutes later. If I could remember 100 different faces a night, it shouldn't be too much to ask a ticket guy to remember 15-20.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

UW caters to the old blue hairs who don't even show up.
But God forbid the one time they do showup that someone is in their seat and they have to politely ask them to move!

The AA looks so empty almost every game because the lower bowl is 75% empty.

What a joke.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Sounds like more and more people are questioning the re-seating plan to me.

You really want to know why the lower bowl is always empty, it is because rich f-word from around the state bought up a bunch of seats to show support - financially - and are only able to attend a handful of games.

As I mentioned in another thread, unused tickets from said rich f-word need to be distributed to local Laramie / Cheyenne schools, and groups like boy scouts, BBBS, and such. So then, the tickets get used, and the lower bowl gets filled up, and most importantly you make some kids day. Not tough to figure out.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

McPeachy wrote:Sounds like more and more people are questioning the re-seating plan to me.

You really want to know why the lower bowl is always empty, it is because rich f-word from around the state bought up a bunch of seats to show support - financially - and are only able to attend a handful of games.

As I mentioned in another thread, unused tickets from said rich f-word need to be distributed to local Laramie / Cheyenne schools, and groups like boy scouts, BBBS, and such. So then, the tickets get used, and the lower bowl gets filled up, and most importantly you make some kids day. Not tough to figure out.
This
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

McPeachy wrote:Sounds like more and more people are questioning the re-seating plan to me.

This is known as common sense....something TB sorely lacks.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:

The people who pay the most money shouldn't get the best seats?

And how does TB get blamed for the kids not getting the tickets? He's not the one that purchased the lower-level tickets. Why would he give away someone else's ticket? Maybe he should give away yours too, if that's the case.

If the rich people or corporations want to give up their tickets, that's on them. Maybe you should be pounding on their doors with this genius idea.

If you want to blame him for the re-seating, fine. But don't blame Burman for giving away tickets to seats that other people already purchased. That's just ridiculous.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: The people who pay the most money shouldn't get the best seats?
The problem is there's no established ticket exchange. There's a bunch of open seats in the lower bowl that belong to people who aren't going to make the game. A casual fan comes to the ticket office on game day, asks for the best available ticket, and is assigned a hard, narrow chair while there's thousands of empty seats unavailable for purchase.

In response to your question, yes. But don't you think the fans who make sacrifices to attend the game deserve the best game day experience possible? Maybe you should attend a game before you ask more questions...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:Maybe you should attend a game before you ask more questions...
Just because I haven't attended a game in Laramie doesn't mean I've never attended a basketball game before.

In your hypothetical, that is the best available ticket. All the padded seats have been sold. If you think the people that bought those seats should give them up if they aren't going to be there, take it up with them. But that's not the AD's responsibility.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:Maybe you should attend a game before you ask more questions...
Just because I haven't attended a game in Laramie doesn't mean I've never attended a basketball game before.

In your hypothetical, that is the best available ticket. All the padded seats have been sold. If you think the people that bought those seats should give them up if they aren't going to be there, take it up with them. But that's not the AD's responsibility.
Everyone here has attended basketball games at different venues. If these problems were universal, there wouldn't be so much backlash on these forums.

My point was there is no way to "take it up with them". An elderly couple with row 3 seats at mid court from Jackson may come to one game a year. There's no legitimate exchange program set up to ensure that these tickets get used. Like I said, this is more severe in Laramie than other places. No place is perfect, but I've never been to another venue that's told me and my family that 1,000's of newly renovated empty seats are unavailable.

And where did I mention the AD anywhere?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:And where did I mention the AD anywhere?
Sorry, I was mixing your post together with the previous one.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The university could promote a ticket thing better than anybody. Something as simple "not making it to the game? Donate. Learn how to donate your unused tickets to people's under the age of 18"

Getting people in that age group to one game is critical.
You never know when you'll make a life long fan
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:

The people who pay the most money shouldn't get the best seats?

And how does TB get blamed for the kids not getting the tickets? He's not the one that purchased the lower-level tickets. Why would he give away someone else's ticket? Maybe he should give away yours too, if that's the case.

If the rich people or corporations want to give up their tickets, that's on them. Maybe you should be pounding on their doors with this genius idea.

If you want to blame him for the re-seating, fine. But don't blame Burman for giving away tickets to seats that other people already purchased. That's just ridiculous.
You must just like to argue to argue - are you an debate teacher in junior high? You missed the main point of my response - but I am not surprised, as history is repeating itself on this board.

I am too tired to spell it all out for you, but I will challenge you to think things through a little. It is about filling the lower bowl, creating new fans, having a vision, looking past your nose at the future, managing an atmosphere with other things and other ways than just a donation, etc.
Dear Karma,

pcwyo
Buckaroo

Well, okay - in all fairness to the ticket office and UW, here's an update on my emails to them. The ticket office has graciously made an exchange for 2 tickets I had for the UNLV game to a better location and added a third adjacent seat for my daughter in the lower bowl. (The seats I had were already in the lower area, but these are closer to center court.) They have also offered to move my season tickets to a little better location that became available when the original holder wanted to move. So, yes, they have made a positive effort to help me out. Of course, this is a different issue than the constant ticket-checking, which is just an annoyance more than anything else.
PCB
Ranch Hand

elfletcho wrote:I have season tickets in the knothole. The daily douche asks to see my ticket every time. Every time I've told him nah I'll just go to my seat. They never bat an eye, totally passive and let me go. Since I sit above a portal, I have to yell at him once a game to get out of the freakin line of sight.

Speaking of the students, there are a few that get into the spirit and go after the opposing team, but it has been pretty bad so far this year. Student attendance outside of the Colorado game has be atrocious. The team is 9-2! I hope they start to show up for conference. I blame legal Colorado weed.
Same with me. I enter the AA and I consider that enough with the show me the ticket routine. They ask, I ignore them and walk right by. They do nothing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
not really i go to have fun at the game not act like I'm checking into a prison b4 I go, that's all
wylrae
Buckaroo

"But that's not the AD's responsibility."

Yup! The AD has absolutely no responsibility in seeing to it that a televised basketball game presents a good image of the institution. TV panning around the venue showing a "packed" or "empty" house says a lot about an institution's support by its alumni and the general public where the institution is located. Involvement in ticket pricing, overzealous security, strobe lighting, flame throwers, oversize TV screens, etc. is not an AD's responsibility. His/Her main responsibility is to see to it that the schedule of opponents is sufficiently weak enough to guarantee a CBI appearance and those bonuses he/she and the coach receive for such appearances. Yup, an AD is absolutely not responsible for the image presented to the public of his/her institution nor for the fans' (those who do attend and sit up in the upper shadowy confines of the arena looking down upon those empty, padded, yellow seats and those yellow jacketed individuals checking tickets at portal entrances) positive/negative game experiences.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I like the idea of a ticket exchange -- for lack of a better term -- for season ticket holders who know they're not going to attend a game. So:

1. Is this done anywhere else? I didn't spend a lot of time looking online, but got some hints that a few schools have systems in place.

2. What is the model? It seems you could do it two ways: donate your tickets to charities who then handle the issue of making sure people who need them get the tickets, or you could "give" them back to UW, which could then sell them at the walk up windows or something. Either way, the logistics are pretty complicated.

3. I wonder how much of a difference this would make? I don't have a clue, but if it's just a hundred season ticket holders per game who voluntarily go through the process in advance, it may not be worth it.

I guess most of this could be answered if we could see how it works elsewhere.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:I like the idea of a ticket exchange -- for lack of a better term -- for season ticket holders who know they're not going to attend a game. So:

1. Is this done anywhere else? I didn't spend a lot of time looking online, but got some hints that a few schools have systems in place.

2. What is the model? It seems you could do it two ways: donate your tickets to charities who then handle the issue of making sure people who need them get the tickets, or you could "give" them back to UW, which could then sell them at the walk up windows or something. Either way, the logistics are pretty complicated.

3. I wonder how much of a difference this would make? I don't have a clue, but if it's just a hundred season ticket holders per game who voluntarily go through the process in advance, it may not be worth it.

I guess most of this could be answered if we could see how it works elsewhere.
We all know whose job it is to have the vision and figure something like this out. It shouldn't have to come from a message board of anonymous people...that is just sickening.

But...I can't help but think that UW could use the UW ticket office to facilitate this...and if it gets big enough and is successful, follow the stubhub model. UW ticket office has 2 full time staff members, and a bunch of part timers that could make this happen instead of playing candy crush at their desks all day.

:rofl:
Dear Karma,