OT: Kentucky...wow

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I bet that kid from WV that was talking smack feels like an ass.

Kentucky is amazing. Best college team ever?

Edit: Found this... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... -the-past/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess Vegas doesn't think they are the greatest ever--not even the greatest of this decade.

I don't know. They look pretty good.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I bet that kid from WV that was talking smack feels like an ass.

Kentucky is amazing. Best college team ever?

Edit: Found this... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... -the-past/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess Vegas doesn't think they are the greatest ever--not even the greatest of this decade.

I don't know. They look pretty good.
I agree with Vegas, UNLV of 1990-1991 was a better team than this Kentucky team IMO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Meh. Since SDSU, the last MWC team in the NCAA was eliminated, I don't really care about the rest of the tourney.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It’s about generational differences and knowing that unlike teams great in years past, Kentucky won’t have (or play against) NBA-level players who stay in school for four years,
I thought that was an interesting point in the article. You kind of forget what one and done has done to college bball.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Kentucky went in raw on WVA last night.. man, that was bad.
ImageImageImageImage
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

could they beat the Knicks, highly doubt it but I'd love to see an exhibition
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
It’s about generational differences and knowing that unlike teams great in years past, Kentucky won’t have (or play against) NBA-level players who stay in school for four years,
I thought that was an interesting point in the article. You kind of forget what one and done has done to college bball.
Yes and no. It really hasn't changed that much. Most of the one-and-done players would've just went to the NBA straight out of HS anyways.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Yes and no. It really hasn't changed that much. Most of the one-and-done players would've just went to the NBA straight out of HS anyways.
Not in the 1980's they didn't. Most sports analysts and even college coaches will agree that the best era for college basketball was the 1980's. This is long before the one and dones and was even before guys leaving early for the league. Look at the 1984 UNC basketball team: Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins, Kenny Smith, Joe Wolf, Brad Daugherty plus 5 other players that got drafted...oh, and they didn't even win the championship that year.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Not in the 1980's they didn't. Most sports analysts and even college coaches will agree that the best era for college basketball was the 1980's. This is long before the one and dones and was even before guys leaving early for the league. Look at the 1984 UNC basketball team: Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins, Kenny Smith, Joe Wolf, Brad Daugherty plus 5 other players that got drafted...oh, and they didn't even win the championship that year.
Right, but it wasn't the one and done rule that changed it. The change happened before 2005.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:Kentucky went in raw on WVA last night.. man, that was bad.