Game Thread: Montanta State @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

That dunk was so nasty.

Herndon is playing 100% better. He's finally playing like a man since he stopped trying to be a guard and started using his height. Al can be a great scorer down low and rebounder if he wants to.

JJ needs to play 30 min a game. He's very good. I love how he hits the boards. He's also a fantastic defender. He shut down Colbert in the second half.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The best thing about this game is they actually rebounded for a change and in the end it made a huge difference.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Adams just got some SC love.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote:
Just on sportscenter!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Yep #6 on the top 10!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

He was bonus top 10 when I watched
W-Y, Until I Die!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I thought at about the 12 min mark of the 2nd half Shyatt finally found a good lineup with Trey, Josh, JJ, JMac and Herndon. That lineup was giving Montana St problems.

There's still some big questions out there, namely why is Marshall not playing? He was a healthy scratch last night.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
DVDA wrote:
Just on sportscenter!
He got another 1/2 second of air by climbing the defender. Nice.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

calpoke25 wrote:I thought at about the 12 min mark of the 2nd half Shyatt finally found a good lineup with Trey, Josh, JJ, JMac and Herndon. That lineup was giving Montana St problems.

There's still some big questions out there, namely why is Marshall not playing? He was a healthy scratch last night.

Just guessing, but maybe because he hasn't been able to practice with the team for a couple of weeks.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

What does healthy scratch mean and how did you get that information?

He's listed as questionable on the injury report. So that doesn't help much.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:What does healthy scratch mean and how did you get that information?

Gags asked Shyatt after the game and Shyatt said Marshall is healthy. It's in the news story about the game.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote: Gags asked Shyatt after the game and Shyatt said Marshall is healthy. It's in the news story about the game.
Found it, thanks. Lack of practice could make sense.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Trey didn't shoot that great from distance in the second half. Really thought it killed our momentum but love a lot of his game. If I'm not mistaken, he's been getting some REBs
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:What does healthy scratch mean and how did you get that information?

Gags asked Shyatt after the game and Shyatt said Marshall is healthy. It's in the news story about the game.
I don't get this, Marshall is needed IMO.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:

I don't get this, Marshall is needed IMO.
The guy must be a complete asshole. Loyalty to Washington and Lieberman is one thing. Nobody could think they're all on the same talent level so there only one answer
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

Do we really have a big enough sample size on Marshall to assume he's a fantastic player getting screwed on minutes? He played really well against Bristol (a USCAA team whose conference website has all teams with a 0-0 win/loss record, seriously, wtf). What else do we have? 9 minutes against D-II Ft Lewis, 2 minutes against Indiana State, 2 minutes against D-II NMHU.

I trust that Shyatt has very good reason to make the lineup choices that he makes.

P.S. I've never even heard of the USCAA until I tried finding out what division Bristol was in.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Do we really have a big enough sample size on Marshall to assume he's a fantastic player getting screwed on minutes? He played really well against Bristol (a USCAA team whose conference website has all teams with a 0-0 win/loss record, seriously, wtf). What else do we have? 9 minutes against D-II Ft Lewis, 2 minutes against Indiana State, 2 minutes against D-II NMHU.

I trust that Shyatt has very good reason to make the lineup choices that he makes.

P.S. I've never even heard of the USCAA until I tried finding out what division Bristol was in.

Yeah we have a big enough sample size. I have watched enough basketball in my time and can tell a good player when he is on the court. The minutes he has gotten he plays better and is by FAR a better athlete than anyone else on the team except for Adams. Anyone that can't tell he isn't the 2nd best player on the team is either stupid or has never watched basketball before. So there is for sure something up with it . Either that or Shyatt is dumber than I thought.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

did you guys pay attention defensively to marshals minutes. is he better enough than j. mc? Jason has paid a very heavy price to get the minutes he has. and, he is extremely lethal from beyond the arc.

not saying that the jc transfer isn't the better drive and dish player... but not so sure about him being the better "all around shyatt player"

defense, taking good shot, and understanding the design... pretty sure that is why he is on the bench.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I guess I just wish Marshall would have redshirted if we're not going to utilize him this year, since otherwise we're only getting one more year out of him.