Barnes Scholly....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Hold it? Fill it with another under the radar freshman? Transfer grad? Transfer undergrad? Where do we think this scholly will end up?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I see Bryce Peters left CU... Think we make another run at him?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think it would be wise to get a little guard that can play right away. So... no Peters
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Has anyone else seen the carnage unfolding in Albuquerque? 6 players have left so far.... 6!!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:52 pm I think it would be wise to get a little guard that can play right away. So... no Peters
Peters is talking UW coaches. Don't be surprised if we take him. We really need one more scholarship to open. I think we all know who that could and should be.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:52 pm I think it would be wise to get a little guard that can play right away. So... no Peters
Peters is talking UW coaches. Don't be surprised if we take him. We really need one more scholarship to open. I think we all know who that could and should be.
In no ways am I saying youre wrong but I am curious how you know this... Are you connected to the athletic department?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

My guess is that Ny Redding might get the scholarship since he is going to be the starting PG next year.

Guess we will find out.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Doing a little research, Bryce was suspended from playing on three separate occasions this season, all for off court issues. When Tad Boyle kicks you off the team, you're probably a head case.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:01 pm
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm
In no ways am I saying youre wrong but I am curious how you know this... Are you connected to the athletic department?
It was posted on GWG.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

As long as it doesn't get awarded to Cody Kelley I'll be happy.

I 100% trust our current staff when it comes to recruiting.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Although I'm a huge fan of Bryce Peter's game, his year in Boulder makes it evident he may be a team cancer. He got in all kinds of trouble this year, suspended three different times, didn't go to class....

Granted: he's in Boulder, surrounded by weed, and on a team that didn't have very good upper class men leadership.

He is exactly what the roster needs: a long guard, that can play point, that defends well, and is explosive offensively.

Would we take that risk? It seems like we have pretty good kids here, but the high five got busted for weed. Would Bryce make it more likely our team will have off court issues?

I'm trying to figure out what direction were going. We need a point guard more than anything, someone that likes to push tempo and can distribute the ball on the break.

All the questions seem to point to Peter's, but that seems like a dangerous risk with his off court issues.

We'll see. Lil Shy is on the road recruiting right now.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I would take Peters in a heartbeat as long as the staff tells him he's off the team for any violation of team rules or issues that affect the team. His talent is worth the risk.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Welp I guess our talks weren't that productive.....
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/ ... 7393597442
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:55 pm Welp I guess our talks weren't that productive.....
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/ ... 7393597442
Hard to say. Not fair to speculate, but signing JC makes you wonder if his suspensions were academic related.

The good thing about going JC is he gets to play instead of sit on the bench for a year, but it uses up a year of eligibility.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We just visited this guy a few days ago, although he's been picking up a lot of offers.

I figured we would be targeting a guard, but it looks like we might be going "best available".

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 25455.html

National Champions 1943.

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

didn't know he left but I was outta country last week, I don't think we'll really miss him and maybe this means more time for Jordan to shine as the big man, and I feel he's got potential to get even better and better, but hopefully opened the door to go get a GOOD shooting guard, that what I want!!!