2017 recruiting thread,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'll give the guys on the other board credit for this first 2017 guy. The Cowboys offer Wyatt Yess, #35

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Hunter Thompson, the prodigal son.....Be the Wyoming legend and make the final four out of Laramie Hunter.

As if the arrows on his mix tape are necessary: it's not hard to find the 6'9" kid in Wyoming high school basketball highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2961108/hunter-thompson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Is this serious?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Is this serious?
Yeah, we offered Wyatt Yess and we're on Hunter Thompson, so yes it's serious.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:Hunter Thompson, the prodigal son.....Be the Wyoming legend and make the final four out of Laramie Hunter.

As if the arrows on his mix tape are necessary: it's not hard to find the 6'9" kid in Wyoming high school basketball highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2961108/hunter-thompson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks pretty skilled in the open floor.

Good read from the middle of this past season: http://trib.com/sports/high-school/bask ... 59c6a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The school to watch:

“My lifetime goal is to play for the Kansas Jayhawks,” he said, “and I’m not going to sell myself short of my dream.”
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Here is a couple of articles or videos on Wyatt Yess. Sounds like he will keep getting better and better every year and he works hard which is the kind of kid we want. Think by the time he is a senior in high school he will be one of the better players in the country so getting on him early is good thing.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/sports/high-s ... /12325247/

http://westnewsmagazine.com/2015/03/10/ ... ity-sports

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Is this serious?
Yeah, we offered Wyatt Yess and we're on Hunter Thompson, so yes it's serious.
Hey thanks CJ. Glad you're here. You can imagine my confusion when watching that video and it looks like some 12 year old at the local YMCA.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

YMCA...ok. But a 12-year old?? That would be one BIG 12-year old. He barely clears the door when he walks in.

I will grant you, the video is pretty cheesy.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:YMCA...ok. But a 12-year old?? That would be one BIG 12-year old. He barely clears the door when he walks in.

Was that an official recruiting video he is putting out?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:YMCA...ok. But a 12-year old?? That would be one BIG 12-year old. He barely clears the door when he walks in.

Was that an official recruiting video he is putting out?
At the very end of the video they show a blue "longhorn" logo, and it says "2014-2015 Longhorn Basketball...Be there". So I'm guessing this was just an attempt at a team video done before this last bball season. They used him as he is their best player.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, it's hard to find video on guys without drivers licenses. ;) At least this thread will be here when the game video finally gets dropped.

He does look like he has a pretty sweet jump shot though.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I hope Hunter really thinks about being a factor with UW, keep the kid localized
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Jeremy Shyatt just tweeted that they are wheels up to SLC to see one of their favorite future Cowboys. Is there an AAU event there and is Mr. Thompson playing in it?

Btw, I love the possibilities of Mr. Thompson inspiring Fear and Loathing in his opponents while eating their Naked Lunch.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote:Jeremy Shyatt just tweeted that they are wheels up to SLC to see one of their favorite future Cowboys. Is there an AAU event there and is Mr. Thompson playing in it?

Btw, I love the possibilities of Mr. Thompson inspiring Fear and Loathing in his opponents while eating their Naked Lunch.
Could be a 2016 kid
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

He usually only says future Cowboys to guys that have already committed
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:He usually only says future Cowboys to guys that have already committed
Not always. He said that last week about his trip to CA to watch Bryce Peters
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

Cowduck wrote:Jeremy Shyatt just tweeted that they are wheels up to SLC to see one of their favorite future Cowboys. Is there an AAU event there and is Mr. Thompson playing in it?

Could be, I think Thompson plays for a Utah AAU team.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyo 1 wrote:

Could be, I think Thompson plays for a Utah AAU team.
Good call

http://lockerroom.wyomingnews.com/2015/ ... asketball/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

Think he's playing this weekend. Looks like he's in Dallas.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1756867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It's hard to say where Thompson will end up but if he keeps exceeding these current expectations he will be in a P5 program. He already has the height definitely needs to bulk up in a bad way but sounds like he is getting better about finding the open man when he is double teamed and that is where he will really open eyes. Against kids 2 feet shorter than him he doesn't need to find the open man he can just shoot over everyone.

I haven't seen much form his true shooting basically all his points are DC style paint points, The biggest knock on Nance coming out of UW is inconsistent shooting. I believe that a consistent shooter at that size goes to a big school. An inconsistent shooter at that size makes a living in the paint and goes to a smaller school.