2017 recruiting thread,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I don't know how any of us missed this one. Second four star recruit Wyoming has made the final cut on. I will bet we will have a third when Darius Banks makes his final list. I wish we had more scholarships available. The staff really needs to hold out until these guys start committing. I probably have to agree with Lifeitself about Bey over Hunter but would be happy with either...We could be VERY scary in the near future friends.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Another decent athlete

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

From May:

Offers have come in quickly for Bey, who listed Utah, Washington State, Colorado, San Diego State, Wyoming, Nevada, Fresno State, Tulsa, New Mexico and New Mexico State as programs which have recently offered.

Four schools are recruiting Bey the hardest at this point. “San Diego State, Washington State, Nevada and Tulsa,” Bey listed, before briefly breaking down what he likes about each of them.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... ing-offers

Only SDSU of that group made his top six. They're probably the favorite to land him.
LifeItself
Buckaroo

[quote="Only SDSU of that group made his top six. They're probably the favorite to land him.[/quote]

I sort of disagree... I believe he was recruited by Kimbrough (previously Nevada). So technically both us and SDSU made the top 6. Just sayin'
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LifeItself wrote:I sort of disagree... I believe he was recruited by Kimbrough (previously Nevada). So technically both us and SDSU made the top 6. Just sayin'
I wondered about that, but was too lazy to check. Thanks!
poke_addict
Cowpoke

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So, did he visit then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
poke_addict
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:So, did he visit then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if he did or not. Just saw the tweet and posted it. I just asked Gags and Brandon Foster on twitter so we will see if they say anything
poke_addict
Cowpoke

They both confirmed Bey is on campus. Hope he enjoys his time. Would be a big time pick up kid has over 27 offers. https://twitter.com/BLUEChip_Miller/sta ... 6035828737
poke_addict
Cowpoke

poke_addict
Cowpoke

LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Is it just me or are we in on a lot of kids that wouldn't have given us a look even last year. Is this an Edwards thing or was I missing something during Larry's tenure?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

System. Edwards wants to get up and down the court. Shyatt didn't.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

LawPoke wrote:Is it just me or are we in on a lot of kids that wouldn't have given us a look even last year. Is this an Edwards thing or was I missing something during Larry's tenure?
I mean credit is due to Shy for putting the program back on the map. He cleaned it up and made the program desirable again. With that said I feel Edwards was exactly the guy we needed to take over the program. He is a very respectable coach that players want to play for. He is also young and very eager to make a name for himself. This staff can definitely recruit. We have already landed a former 4 star recruit in Jones we gained a scholarship PAC 12 guard who walked on to the pokes. I cant say I remember recruiting ever going this good.

We made the short list for Stewart and Tyler Bey both 4 star recruits and Bey made his official visit last week. Darius Banks is another highly rated kid I am willing to bet will give the pokes a very solid look. Ever since Edwards took over it seems like recruiting has made a major stride. Not saying we will land most of these kids but it's definitely giving me a very good feeling on the future of the program. Even the under the radar guys he has brought in like Adams and Maldonado seem to be very athletic and talented prospects.

When was the last time we have had this many quality kids giving us this kind of look?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Pretty sure the uptick is all Edwards.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Thanks, fellas, for the responses. I really like the direction we are heading.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

Jerald Butler makes his commitment this Friday

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

We aren't going to be able to sign all of these kids. We can get 2 can't we? Not that all of them will choose us or anything but if we land a couple they all look good.

My guess is if we keep getting these types of recruits Edwards won't be at Wyoming very long.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:We aren't going to be able to sign all of these kids. We can get 2 can't we? Not that all of them will choose us or anything but if we land a couple they all look good.
We only have a spot for one more signing at the moment. With Maldonado already committed and the 2 scholarship transfers, that leaves only 1 spot left (assuming nobody transfers) for the 2017 class.