WyoNation Addict

Notable Cowboy stats through 12 games of MWC play:

Team:
FG% defense: 40.7% (#2)
3-pt FG% defense: 31.7% (#2)
Blocked shots: 5.0/game (#2)
Assists: 14.7/game (#3)

Individual:
Scoring: James, 13.3 pts/game (#18) and Dalton, 13.3 pts/game (#18)
Rebounding: Dalton, 9.4/game (#3)
Assists: McManamen, 2.9/game (#7)
FT%: Dalton, 84.7% (#8)
Blocked shots: Herndon, 2.3/game (#3)
Defensive rebounds:
Dalton, 7.5/game (#3)
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:58 am Dalton is in the top 3 with James right behind him in 4th. Without foul trouble James would probably be in 3rd. That's for the season if we looked at conference season or the last 4 or 5 games I bet they would be up there. They have been getting more play as their bad TO's have gone down and that will continue as the season goes I think.
Actually, James' overall foul totals aren't that much different from the starters. This 4OT game has skewed the stats slightly, but it would be pretty difficult to see Justin jump into the top 3 in min/game at this point. James, Dalton and Adams are the three most likely -- and capable -- of facing up and getting to the rim aggressively (and effectively), so you're going to see more TOs from those three, usually. Justin and Hayden need to show more composure at times and NOT commit to passes that aren't there. Easier said than done, sometimes. With this "push the ball" mentality, they rush things at times moving the ball upcourt. Hayden has been guilty of trying to make a few too many diagonal, cross-court passes that aren't there.

Personally, I can live with a few TOs from these particular guys as long as they are putting up solid numbers in most other areas.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 9902609408 “I don’t care if opponents know we’re going to him or not, we’re going to him,” Edwards said. “We want to get him going because I think he can be a really good player in this league. When he demands the ball, he’s a much different basketball player than when he’s just out there.”

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2017/02/1 ... ing-early/
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I got a piece of the net from this game - gave it to my grandson - he still has it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:10 pm

I got a piece of the net from this game - gave it to my grandson - he still has it.
What a great weekend that was. Crushing BYU on Thursday night in the AA and then edging Utah on Saturday for the regular season title. That team had some ballers and the crowds that year were electric. So much energy. I miss those big crowds.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Transcript: Utah State Men's Basketball Head Coach Tim Duryea on Wyoming (utahstateaggies.com)

On Wyoming

“Wyoming is a very impressive team, athletically. They have a lot of interchangeable and very versatile parts. (Hayden) Dalton and (Alan) Herndon are extremely tough matchups because they are long, athletic, can shoot from 3, can drive it, can post up, they block a lot of shots, are active in transition and both can bring the ball on the break and run the break themselves. Their versatility gives you a lot of problems.

“They are unusual because they probably have the best bench in the league. When you have Justin James and Dalton as your two leading scorers, both coming off of the bench, then that gives you a different feel than most teams do. They have shot the ball very well against us in the past, better against us than other people. I don’t have an explanation for that. With the scheduling quirks in our league, this is our fourth year in the league and they have only played here one time. That has been a little unique as well, but it has either been at the tournament or on their home court. It will be nice to play them here for a change.”

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 17aaa.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Aggies happy to be home, host Cowboys (HJnews.com)

“It was like you plugged in the McManamen from last season if you watched that Fresno State game,” Duryea said. “He had a quick trigger and was very aggressive. He played 57 minutes in that game, which is unbelievable in terms of minutes played. He is a tough kid and is always scrappy and tough and confident. It was really surprising to see him struggling early in the year, based on the way he had played the last few seasons, especially last year with the confidence he shot the ball with. ... Having a great night like that just reminds you what he is capable of.”

http://news.hjnews.com/logan_hj/aggies- ... f8584.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming men's basketball heads to Utah State in hopes of extending two-game win streak (trib.com)

Lou Adams, another junior guard, didn’t play in the final 35:55 of the Fresno State game, even though the Cowboys were without Aka Gorski and had two players foul out. Edwards said it was simply a “coach’s decision.”

“At that point in time, I’m more of a guy that subs off of feel,” Edwards said. “And obviously, he started, but just the thing with Lou, I want him to play with more energy. That’s it. Just more energy. Nothing less, nothing more.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... eb19c.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Allen Edwards -- at Utah State (WyoSports)

First-year Wyoming men's basketball coach Allen Edwards talks after the Cowboys' 81-74 loss at Utah State on Saturday, Feb.11, 2017 at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum in Logan, Utah. The Cowboys fell to 16-10 overall and 6-7 in the Mountain West. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

Wyoming players -- at Utah State (WyoSports)

From left to right, Wyoming senior guard Jason McManamen and junior guard Lou Adams talk after the Cowboys' 81-74 loss at Utah State on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 in Logan, Utah. Adams led the Cowboys with 16 points and three steals. McManamen had 10 points. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

Wyoming at Utah State Highlights (WyoSports)

Late second half highlights from Wyoming's 81-74 loss at Utah State on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum in Logan, Utah. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Full Court Press -- Cody Kelley (WyoSports)

WyoSports senior editor Robert Gagliardi with another installment of his Full Court Press video series with Wyoming redshirt freshman point guard Cody Kelley.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict