Cowboy Wrestling Begins 2016-17 Season

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyoming vs. American dual live video right now...

http://www.gowyo.com/game-center/586d73 ... 0eaeeb461/
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Have to say that the American duals were a big disappointment. I thought the Pokes could go 3-0...instead went 0-3. Wyoming wrestling should be better than Army and American IMO.

Pokes will need to make noise in the Big 12 tournament because I don't see many at-large selections currently.Meredith will need to make another unlikely run as he projects to be an 8/9 seed in the tournament currently.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Have to say that the American duals were a big disappointment. I thought the Pokes could go 3-0...instead went 0-3. Wyoming wrestling should be better than Army and American IMO.

Pokes will need to make noise in the Big 12 tournament because I don't see many at-large selections currently.Meredith will need to make another unlikely run as he projects to be an 8/9 seed in the tournament currently.
At large selections are pre-determined going into the conference tournament. for example the 133 weight class might have four NCAA spots, so if you finish top 4 at the Big XIIs then you go to the tourney. It's not like the basketball tournament where participants are arbitrarily selected.

I agree, though, really crappy weekend. Cowboys sucked for the most part.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming Wrestling vs. Cal Poly Match Preview (Wyo-Vision)

Hear from Bryce Meredith and Drew Templeman before the Pokes head out west for the match vs. Cal Poly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERoNSQU7CY

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

This is the most up and down inconsistent wrestling team I have ever watched.

They have an unbelievable Vegas tournament with everyone pulling off upsets. They go to DC and lose to 3 marginal teams who they absolutely should beat. They go out and get destroyed by South Dakota State (a decent team with maybe 1-2 all-americans but we aren't talking anything special) giving up numerous bonus point wins. Then, they face off against Oregon State (probably the best Pac-12 team) and pull off numerous bonus point wins of their own.

Who knows how this team will do. Let's just hope we get the good team for the Big 12 and NCAAs.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/WyoWrestle/status/8 ... 7376397312 http://www.gowyo.com/news/cowboy-wrestl ... 02-08-2017

Wrestling Competes in 4 Big 12 Duals in 5 Days to Close Out Regular Season (Wyo-Vision)

Head Coach Mark Branch, Junior Bryce Meredith, and RS Seniors Drew Templeman and Gunnar Woodburn talk about the upcoming duals vs. Northern Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and North Dakota State.

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Rematch of last year's NCAA championship between Meredith and Heil. I believe Heil is undefeated this year. Would be a huge win for Meredith if he can pull it off.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:54 am Rematch of last year's NCAA championship between Meredith and Heil. I believe Heil is undefeated this year. Would be a huge win for Meredith if he can pull it off.
He is. OSU is absolutely loaded. Have something like 7 wins by 30 or more
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

There's going to be some hungry guys this week and I mean that literally. It's really tough to make weight for that many days in a row.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 pm There's going to be some hungry guys this week and I mean that literally. It's really tough to make weight for that many days in a row.
It is a strange schedule but should help prepare them for the grueling 3-day NCAAs with weigh-ins each day. I am most interested in how the Pokes look against NDSU at the end of the gauntlet; we will see how tough they are.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 pm There's going to be some hungry guys this week and I mean that literally. It's really tough to make weight for that many days in a row.
And 2 duals in a day is brutal. Especially when the second one is against the #1 team in America
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wow, Pokes are rolling!! Huge win by Ashworth which will go a long way as to seeding for the Big 12s and NCAAs.