@Fresno St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Not sure we can beat anyone at all on the road this year and that includes San Jose State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

How about starting the best for a change: Herndon, James, Dalton, JMac, Adams.
wrxman
Buckaroo

we had a chance down the stretch there, just blew a couple critical possessions.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Man, we need a 300lb Right Tackle to come play ball for us, too! Dude is slow, but has pushed all our guys around all damn game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I should have worked tonight instead of watching these monkies try to f-word a basketball all night.

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

One of the worst 2 game stretches I've ever seen from JMac... he does not look engaged in the slightest...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:How about starting the best for a change: Herndon, James, Dalton, JMac, Adams.
Apparently if you watch inside Wyoming basketball Edwards explains the logic of starting inferior players over your best. Makes no sense to me but I'm not the coach
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:How about starting the best for a change: Herndon, James, Dalton, JMac, Adams.
Apparently if you watch inside Wyoming basketball Edwards explains the logic of starting inferior players over your best. Makes no sense to me but I'm not the coach
The logic must have something to do with not worrying about winning.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

3-13 and 10 total points by JMac our last two contests. That is not good. I really thought come conference he'd put this team on his back and carry the load. It couldn't be further from the truth. He has shrunk and looks like a freshman playing his first conference games. It's been hard to watch at times. By no means has this been all his fault but damn. It's been a rough stretch for JMac
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:
The logic must have something to do with not worrying about winning.
Well no one really plays like they want to win so maybe that's the message from the top down...
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Was only able to catch about the last 6 or so minutes of the game when I got home tonight, and unfortunately, I don't have a single positive to take from the stretch that I watched. Ugly, ugly basketball.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:Not sure we can beat anyone at all on the road this year and that includes San Jose State.

I am beginning to agree. This team is so Jekyll and Hyde it's insane.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Not sure we can beat anyone at all on the road this year and that includes San Jose State.

I am beginning to agree. This team is so Jekyll and Hyde it's insane.
I can't decide which is more Jekyll and Hyde, the team or this board. Here is what I have learned from recent game threads:

We need more Naughton
Naughton is getting worked
Gorski sucks
Gorski is the only player contributing
Kelley should be playing D2
Kelley is the only one hitting clutch shots
James needs to play more
James is killing the team with mental errors
More Dalton!
Dalton isn't playing well
We have a ton of talent
We don't match up athletically with Fresno

Anyway, you get the idea. I am kind of mocking our reactions, but in all seriousness I think it highlights the main issue with our team in that we don't really have an identity or a core rotation. You just never know what you are going to get from game to game.

In a vacuum, losing at Fresno in a game that was close until the last couple of minutes isn't a big problem. They aren't going to lose many MWC games at home (they already beat Nevada there). The bigger issue is that we don't really seem to be improving as a team and that is concerning both for this season and long term under the new coaching staff.

The loss to UNLV was WAY worse than tonight. UNLV sucks. Fresno might win the the MWC.

Pokes still have a chance to get to .500 in conference play and maybe get to 20 wins. Need to regroup and get back to sharing the basketball and defending hard. All is not lost, but if they don't get their poop together soon they are going to live down to the preseason prognostications.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:3-13 and 10 total points by JMac our last two contests. That is not good. I really thought come conference he'd put this team on his back and carry the load. It couldn't be further from the truth. He has shrunk and looks like a freshman playing his first conference games. It's been hard to watch at times. By no means has this been all his fault but damn. It's been a rough stretch for JMac
JMac is a role player trying to be the guy. He's forcing too much instead of letting the game come to him. He really needs James, Dalton, and/or Adams out there with him to take the pressure off. Herndon is a role player as well, but at least he acts like it most of the time which is why he's been efficient this year.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

McManimal also is not a shot creator...he needs an open look to hit his shots. He really hasn't had any. Teams know this and have locked him down.

We didn't play our best, but the Fresno defense was tough last night. We got very few open shots, let alone passes. Fresno played the tightest D against our team that I've seen...all five being pesky and in their face the entire game. We need to lock down like they were.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

DIng Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!! What the hell is Edwards thinking?

Edwards has got to find a way to get James, our best player, more minutes. It blows my mind. f-word start him!!
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

1 week to shore up these problems of the turnover variety, and hopefully Jason finds himself on the trip home, close at the end but shot themselves in the foot, I know Fresno isn't an easy place to play but that was truly pathetic towards the end.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think these teams are evenly matched, but them being at home pushed them over the edge. They got some home cooking.

The fact that we can't rebound with their bigs was the deciding factor.

JMac has got to show up. I never thought I'd say this, but Gorski was our best player last night.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Gorski was but then disappeared as well, Edwards is a good motivator but somewhat a cry baby when things aren't going his/their way I've noticed. I'm hoping his ways of motivation change over the year(s) Bullying them isn't always the option, get creative and try new things at times.....Utah St isn't great Jalen Moore is really their only option, and Nevada truly scares me next week.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

These last 2 games have been really bad but the fact that they have been so bad with such awful shooting and so many unforced errors and we still had a shot in both the games could be encouraging. Sucks to lose two games that we could have won but I know we can play much better than that. I believe the wins will come. I think we can hold court at home and hopefully our tean can start to learn how to win on the road.