@Fresno St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Edwards has a lot to learn as a head coach still. I'll give him sometime to figure it out. Hopefully he does. I do think if Shyatt was coaching we would have never lost to Pacific or UNLV.

Not sure about USC or Fresno though. We may have still lost both of those games.

I am basing this mainly on the fact that Shyatt teams rarely ever got blown out unless he was missing his star player or players. He didn't really ever lose to a bad team and Pacific and UNLV are both bad.

So Shyatt coached teams win both of those games.

Fresno was on the road in conference so we may have lost it anyways and USC not sure what would have happened. May have been close as it was or may have been completely different if Shyatt played the slow down game and we lose by more than 1 point in overtime.
Ft. Lewis might qualify as a bad team.....................
I've never understood the blind eye this board turned to Shyatt.... His record was nothing to brag about. He pulled us out of the Shroyer hole but anyone who can tie their shoes and hold a basketball could have done that... Shyatt leaving was no big loss. He was 1 lucky weekend away from 4 straight CBI appearances.
Which coaches, in any sport, at UW do you think have done better since the formation of the MWC?

I can think of a couple, but it's a pretty short list.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

CowboyNV wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Edwards has a lot to learn as a head coach still. I'll give him sometime to figure it out. Hopefully he does. I do think if Shyatt was coaching we would have never lost to Pacific or UNLV.

Not sure about USC or Fresno though. We may have still lost both of those games.

I am basing this mainly on the fact that Shyatt teams rarely ever got blown out unless he was missing his star player or players. He didn't really ever lose to a bad team and Pacific and UNLV are both bad.

Fresno was on the road in conference so we may have lost it anyways and USC not sure what would have happened. May have been close as it was or may have been completely different if Shyatt played the slow down game and we lose by more than 1 point in overtime.
Agreed it was a bad team but overall when he had his players go back and look. Before the head kick incedence and before the Mono and Nance knee injuries he was rarely ever blown out and hardly ever took a bad loss. Just saying I don't think Edwards is as great as some of the people on this board yet. He has a lot to prove to me.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

CowboyNV wrote:

I've never understood the blind eye this board turned to Shyatt.... His record was nothing to brag about. He pulled us out of the Shroyer hole but anyone who can tie their shoes and hold a basketball could have done that... Shyatt leaving was no big loss. He was 1 lucky weekend away from 4 straight CBI appearances.
Not turning a blind eye to him at all just saying with all of his players healthy or not in trouble his teams were usually always in the game and didn't lose many games to bad teams. They also played a lot smarter than this Edwards team plays.
I hope Edwards turns out to be good but not sold on him yet.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:

Not turning a blind eye to him at all just saying with all of his players healthy or not in trouble his teams were usually always in the game and didn't lose many games to bad teams. They also played a lot smarter than this Edwards team plays.
I hope Edwards turns out to be good but not sold on him yet.
I don't agree with this. Shyatt always seemed to have the luxury of veteran, senior-type teams. The graduation of Nance and Co. left a vacuum that we are still recovering from. This team is one true senior leader from being very good. Any young team, unless they're Duke or Kentucky, is going to struggle when young. IT takes time to clean up the little things. This team is one of the most talented I have seen at Wyoming but they are young and inexperienced at polishing their game. When on, they're going to be nearly unbeatable. When not, they are going to struggle. Senior leadership can help bridge the two and lead by example. This team does not have this.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Seemed the Pokes drove to the hoop more in this game. But the results weren't so good probably because this is somewhat new to them. They had it often rammed down their throats and muffed numerable layups. Also, should JMac be an off-the-bench player for a while, while he solves his problems (girl friend, constipation, getting laid too much, getting not enough, etc.)?