San Jose State Wednesday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Ok, so lets put that awful Nevada game to bed by starting a new topic about San Jose State this coming Wednesday. Starting lineup:

Herndon
James
Dalton
and ....
and ....
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I don't really care who starts, but a lineup I would like to see on the floor at some point in time, would be
James
Adams
Herndon
Dalton
Naughton

I don't know if that group of 5 guys has been on the floor together once this season. It's easily our most athletic lineup, but apparently athletes don't belong on the floor together at wyoming.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yeah, I don't really care about starting. All I know is JJ is the best player and needs commensurate minutes. He bends the defense and make good stuff happen
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:26 pm I don't really care who starts, but a lineup I would like to see on the floor at some point in time, would be
James
Adams
Herndon
Dalton
Naughton

I don't know if that group of 5 guys has been on the floor together once this season. It's easily our most athletic lineup, but apparently athletes don't belong on the floor together at wyoming.
I agree this is probably the best 5 since Jmac has went off the rails.

As long as these guys can take care of the ball and not get a bunch of dumb turnovers down the stretch then this is the best group to have in there. I doubt Edwards would ever play Herndon, Naughton and Dalton all at the same time though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

davidwyo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:19 pm Ok, so lets put that awful Nevada game to bed by starting a new topic about San Jose State this coming Wednesday. Starting lineup:

Herndon
James
Dalton
and ....
and ....
Herndon, Lieberman or Kelly, Aka Gorski, Jmac and Naughton.

Maybe in late Jan or Feb you might see James and Dalton starting but very unlikely.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Somebody referred to JMac as having a bad attitude?

He definitely has something mental going on there. This is the first time I've ever seen him miss that many shots by so much.

His defensive game was non-existant too.

Maybe it's that high and tight hair cut.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

castlerocker wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:43 pm Somebody referred to JMac as having a bad attitude?

He definitely has something mental going on there. This is the first time I've ever seen him miss that many shots by so much.

His defensive game was non-existant too.

Maybe it's that high and tight hair cut.
Somebody get that kid a couple J's, let him chill out to think about hoops, put up a lot of Js in the gym and somehow get his magical shaggy hair back. Wyo has been doin pretty well with long hairs (football team) we might need to continue the tradition.
Seriously though I think he has to be pulled from the starting lineup to get his head together. J McMan is currently 5th in 3% on the team. I really think James should be starting. Dalton off the bench will always stabilize the 2nd unit and give us calvary. I wouldn't mind seeing this starting 5 next game, they might have TO's but I think it offers a lot of D/versatility. I kind of want to see Moemeka sprinkled in more too.
JJ
Adams
Gorski
Herndon
Naughton
Riding High!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

and how about we play our style of Basketball while they are at it
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:10 amand how about we play our style of Basketball while they are at it
Well, this brings up an observation that I posted earlier and was reminded about by an article in today's Denver Post which has comments by Colorado's basketball coach about their ball movement.

My earlier observation was that way too often, when a player got the ball, he would not only not move with it, but wait a long time to pass it off.

Well CU coach Boyle attributes his 0-5 conference record to this: "CU has not moved the ball crisply during it's 0-5 start".

Coach Boyle: "What happens to us is the ball sticks and doesn't move." "And when it sticks, we're easy to guard, and when it moves, we're really hard to guard..."

I like that term "sticking". I think its happening too much for the Pokes. Keep and eye on the Poke ball movement tonight and see if you agree.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

just a ? I get injuries etc, but Morris Marshall, he musta never fit here at UW huh, he's truly been a ghost, does anybody know the true story on him and will he get ANY minutes anytime soon?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm just a ? I get injuries etc, but Morris Marshall, he musta never fit here at UW huh, he's truly been a ghost, does anybody know the true story on him and will he get ANY minutes anytime soon?
He's always been intriguing to me, but it's as if he's made out of paper mache. Just not durable.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:19 pm
stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm just a ? I get injuries etc, but Morris Marshall, he musta never fit here at UW huh, he's truly been a ghost, does anybody know the true story on him and will he get ANY minutes anytime soon?
He's always been intriguing to me, but it's as if he's made out of paper mache. Just not durable.
The Wyoming senior guard began the year with a stress fracture in his left foot, and has since missed time to a concussion, a shin injury related to the stress fracture and the flu.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... e1acb.html
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo