Adams in the Borscht League

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Josh's first game. As a starter no less. But he's not yet there.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/VTB ... 8_1847.asp
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Josh slamming down an opponent's layup.

https://twitter.com/joshtadams14?lang=en
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

isn't this a food borscht??? lol, beet of sometype. Get em Josh wish you nothing but the best!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:43 pm isn't this a food borscht??? lol, beet of sometype. Get em Josh wish you nothing but the best!
Borscht is a Russian soul food. A sour beet soup. Josh better learn to like it, if he knows what's good for him, and wants to fit in.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm
stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:43 pm isn't this a food borscht??? lol, beet of sometype. Get em Josh wish you nothing but the best!
Borscht is a Russian soul food. A sour beet soup. Josh better learn to like it, if he knows what's good for him, and wants to fit in.
Crazy story. I, no joke, lived for 13 months in the city that Josh is playing in. It's a strait up trash hole. It's known as the armpit of Russia according to the locals. Josh will be in for a major culture shock, unless he's getting paid well enough to get a real nice apartment on Prosepect Kirova. When Josh first announced where he was going to be playing I just laughed. It will be an awesome experience for him
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 am
Crazy story. I, no joke, lived for 13 months in the city that Josh is playing in. It's a strait up trash hole. It's known as the armpit of Russia according to the locals. Josh will be in for a major culture shock, unless he's getting paid well enough to get a real nice apartment on Prosepect Kirova. When Josh first announced where he was going to be playing I just laughed. It will be an awesome experience for him
what's the name of the town/city again?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:15 pm
Saratov. Just imagine a Russian Detroit or Cleveland.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Mormons are familiar with the city...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887322/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:52 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Mormons are familiar with the city...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2887322/
I was a Mormon missionary. That's why I was there. It's so weird that Josh is in Saratov of all places!

I actually lived in the area where those Mormons were imprisoned, or whatever. It's called Zavodskoy, or industrial or factory area (loose translation). Josh truly could not have picked a crappier place to play overseas basketball. It'll be an adventure and a great experience for him, though. It made me appreciate everything about America.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:56 pm It'll be an adventure and a great experience for him, though. It made me appreciate everything about America.
That's the great thing about playing pro ball overseas. My brother actually spent a year as a pro in Norway.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Josh may see some hint of UW in Saratov. In 1988 University of Wyoming started an exchange program with the Moscow Institute of Oil and Gas. A number of UW students spent a semester near Saratov as part of that exchange through the mid-90's, I believe.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Anyone know how much he is getting paid?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

CodyPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:48 pm Anyone know how much he is getting paid?
I know he's mentioned getting over his initial depression of not making the NBA by realizing he's making six figures to play the game he loves. I don't know the exact number though.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:51 pm
CodyPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:48 pm Anyone know how much he is getting paid?
I know he's mentioned getting over his initial depression of not making the NBA by realizing he's making six figures to play the game he loves. I don't know the exact number though.
six figures to bounce a ball a few nights a week is still doing way better than 99.9% of the employed public
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Lost Poke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:07 pm Josh may see some hint of UW in Saratov. In 1988 University of Wyoming started an exchange program with the Moscow Institute of Oil and Gas. A number of UW students spent a semester near Saratov as part of that exchange through the mid-90's, I believe.
I got a second bachelor's in Russian and I was shocked to find out that Saratov and UW have a connection. There were some Russian professors that did semesters here and taught a couple classes and we would talk specifically about Saratov. It was weird. For one older professor lady that was here alone me being able to talk to her in Russian about her home really helped her out and made her feel comfortable.

The Russian program got slashed, though.