Wyoming @ San Jose St.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

POKE FAN wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm Newsflash: Pokes attacking the rim and shooting 60% inside the arc at half! Stunning!
Yeah they need to do more of this every damn game from now on. :thumb:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 pmMaybe that's where a coaching staff isn't preparing their players for the rigors of college basketball. If your best two player see 8 minutes of play time at sea level due to being out of shape you're doing something wrong.
Part of being a "best player" is getting yourself in shape. But I like how certain guys carry no blame for anything around here. It's all the coach's fault if they do anything wrong. Evidently they are the perfect MWC player and bound to become the next Kawhi Leonard in your eyes.
When did you become such a homer? Edwards is getting paid to get his team prepared to play. If they're not in physical condition that's on him. Kelley telegraphing passes all night is on him. There's a difference. And no players aren't infallible it's just that most of the intelligent fans on this board realize that our best players can be the best and still make mistakes.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm
POKE FAN wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm Newsflash: Pokes with 30 shots attempted inside the arc and only 11 threes attempted. Up by 19 at half. Shocking!
It's been great to see! Keep getting the ball to Naughton and Moemeka! And get Dalton back in the damn game!
Damn right. I had a tear in my eye with the way the Pokes were attacking the basket. Brought back great memories. :thumb:
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm
POKE FAN wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm Newsflash: Pokes attacking the rim and shooting 60% inside the arc at half! Stunning!
Yeah they need to do more of this every damn game from now on. :thumb:
Yeah, I might get excited about this team again, if they keep that up. Wyoming's best teams pounded the paint. That's pretty basketball to me. :popcorn:
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is this the same old, same old? Let the opponent back in after the half?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Somehow, I'm sure that turnover will be blamed on Edwards and not on James who committed it
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

.......Where's Hayden? Sick? Injured? Studying for a test?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:22 pm .......Where's Hayden? Sick? Injured? Studying for a test?
On the bench
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm Somehow, I'm sure that turnover will be blamed on Edwards and not on James who committed it
Troll Level:
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm Somehow, I'm sure that turnover will be blamed on Edwards and not on James who committed it
It's good to see the old JVK is back. We all missed your selective style of arguments.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Terrible ball motion. Everybody gets it and holds it, looking. MOVE IT! They were doing it first half. And where'd Dalton?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Love to see the 'pokes getting in the paint. Just a question to pose -- how do you think we do against teams in the conference with some real big men in the post? How do we do against an Oliver and Nevada-like frontcourt? I believe that we will be more competitive pounding down low, but am afraid that we just don't have enough "meat" down there yet. Thoughts?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Anybody figure out why McManaman is in the game?
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Clark for Sharta has the goofiest free throw shot ever.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Really perplexed at the way this game has turned
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Nice first half, but a loss of focus the second half made this a lot closer than it should have been.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

No rhythm or consistency. Or chemistry. We find something that works and promptly change it. The guys seem more scared of doing something wrong than just playing and taking what's given. Super weird vibe from the guys right now.

Glad we held on for the win. Hopefully this gets the guys fired back up.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 pm No rhythm or consistency. Or chemistry. We find something that works and promptly change it. The guys seem more scared of doing something wrong than just playing and taking what's given. Super weird vibe from the guys right now.

Because they make a mistake and Edwards throws a tantrum at the bench and chews them out.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I only caught the 2nd half. Dalton never saw the floor for some reason. The team plays a lot better when Naughton is on the floor, and would'a liked to have seen him get more run than he did. As has been mentioned reason Pokes won is they pounded the glass and took the ball in the paint. Only shot 16.7% from the arc but won because 49 of their 67 shots came from inside the arc, which was a very refreshing change. That being said, SJSU looked horrendous. So glad we don't have to see that arena again til next year as well. I'd like to know how the hell they beat fresno st.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:00 pm
Subcanis wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 pm No rhythm or consistency. Or chemistry. We find something that works and promptly change it. The guys seem more scared of doing something wrong than just playing and taking what's given. Super weird vibe from the guys right now.

Because they make a mistake and Edwards throws a tantrum at the bench and chews them out.
I've been watching that. I hope we don't have a he-who-shall-not-be-named situation brewing.