Holy Cowgirls

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I really hope the fans get out and support them. Huge win today and 7-0 in conference.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Congrats to Legerski and the Cowgirls. Since beating #15 CU, they've won all seven MWC games by double digits. Domination.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Game was scary close today. Cowgirls were up by 5 at the end of the 3rd then just went ballistic in the 4th and completely dominated every part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I went to this one with my kiddos. Was a very fun game. Go, Cowgirls! There were probably a legit 1.5-2k. Good crowd. Announced crowd was over 3k
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What's crazy is there is only one senior on the roster. They could have a special season next winter, if not this winter! They also have a girl on the team named Daley Handy......what more needs to be said?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Overcome the road adversity and get it done in Vegas and Boise then I'll be sold!!! Keep up the good work tho
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:58 pm What's crazy is there is only one senior on the roster. They could have a special season next winter, if not this winter! They also have a girl on the team named Daley Handy......what more needs to be said?
Who is the senior? major contributor or not?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

wyokoke wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:58 pm What's crazy is there is only one senior on the roster. They could have a special season next winter, if not this winter! They also have a girl on the team named Daley Handy......what more needs to be said?
Who is the senior? major contributor or not?
It's the girl from Sheridan, Hailey Ligocki. She is a starter, but not one of the top three scorers. So a contributor but most of the scoring punch comes from underclassman. The top scorer, Liv Roberts, is a junior.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Does anyone know if they (still) GRUNT when launching a 3?

Some think watching women's basketball is the same as watching men's basketball - if it were played underwater.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am Does anyone know if they (still) GRUNT when launching a 3?

Some think watching women's basketball is the same as watching men's basketball - if it were played underwater.
no offense but I'd rather watch grass grow, than chick ball, sorry, not my fave
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

BimBall is a finesse sport. If you approach watching it in that context you will enjoy it.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 pm BimBall is a finesse sport. If you approach watching it in that context you will enjoy it.
I agree. Just have to appreciate it for what it is and it becomes pretty enjoyable.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am Does anyone know if they (still) GRUNT when launching a 3?

Stymeman, those girls would eat you alive in a game of horse, game of one on one, or pick 4 of your best friends and they would still kick your ass, hahaha. The best team in Laramie right now is the women's bball team. They are fundamentally sound, and from top to bottom better shooters than the men's team.

Check out the stats here, I think you will be impressed:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/teams/wbk/stats/
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

CowboyNV wrote:
stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am

Stymeman, those girls would eat you alive in a game of horse, game of one on one, or pick 4 of your best friends and they would still kick your ass, hahaha. The best team in Laramie right now is the women's bball team. They are fundamentally sound, and from top to bottom better shooters than the men's team.

Check out the stats here, I think you will be impressed:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/teams/wbk/stats/
Not sure if you know this but it's easier to put a smaller ball through a bigger opening.

When I was younger, I was pretty sure that my intramural team could of beat any women's college team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!