BSU @ WYO

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I actually have a much better feeling about this game. The Pokes survived a rough UNLV game playing a great half then a fall apart gritty one. Boise just got blasted by Nevada at home :eek: Nevada is sort of the litmus test in the league and they failed miserably. It's a great time to get BSU in Laramie. Wyoming has to just find a way and feels like they've got a better game in them this week. Pokes get this and they're in the top 4 with a big road trip ahead.
Riding High!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I think we take it. We are a very tough out at home. I think this game JMac finally gets his feet back under him. He hits some threes and the Pokes pull away at the end, win by double digits.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

This league is looking like a rollercoaster. I actually kind of like how Wyoming is looking especially with this schedule. I didn't have them beating Boise in my predictions a few weeks back and now I think they can get them. The SDSU and AF road trip is the road trip this team needs after this. SDSU hasn't been this weak in forever and AF is a rivalry game which makes it easier to get UP for.
Riding High!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm I think this game JMac finally gets his feet back under him.
I'm predicting not. But predictions are hard, especially about the future. My solution is to get a very comfortable lead at the end-minutes of the game, then let McMan take every shot to see if he can break the slump.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm I think this game JMac finally gets his feet back under him.
I'm predicting not. But predictions are hard, especially about the future. My solution is to get a very comfortable lead at the end-minutes of the game, then let McMan take every shot to see if he can break the slump.
If J McMan can just knock down 2 3's a game again this team is gonna be winning by 10 points at home.
Riding High!!!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Boise seems to live and die by the 3, similar to us. J Mac is in a slump, so is the jelly donut himself Nick Duncan. If only one of those 2 guys finds their stroke this game it will be a blowout in either direction. If they both continue to struggle or both get it going it will be a very tight game. Go Pokes! I'm doing my best to troll all my BSU neighbors these next few days lol
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

This sounds crazy, but I think jmac needs to shoot from deeper. Needs a better set shot look... Think moving out would help him
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

JMac hasn't been squaring up when he shoots. He's trying to push the tempo and is rushing his shot just a bit.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 pm JMac hasn't been squaring up when he shoots. He's trying to push the tempo and is rushing his shot just a bit.
And did you notice the two bricks he threw up to start the second half? Virtually no arch at all.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

One more thing I noticed was he starts into his shooting motion before he looks at the basket - back to the basics JMac.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 pm
If J McMan can just knock down 2 3's a game again this team is gonna be winning by 10 points at home.
This. If he gets back on track we are one of the better teams in the MWC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Personally I think the shirts are dumb. But at the same time, they get every single Boise fan upset. So I guess mission accomplished :) lol
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I like the shirts and the spirit, bout time somebody uses a bit of creative energy, now let's hope the Pokes get one, Jmac wakes up and it will be a fun day, thinking I may make the trek as well....GO POKES
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 am Personally I think the shirts are dumb. But at the same time, they get every single Boise fan upset. So I guess mission accomplished :) lol
The kids are just trying to be civil. Unfortunately, their first proposal was turned down:

2017 Top Public Universities in America (Source: Niche.com)

CSU: #54 of 639
SDSU: #92 of 639
WYO: #99 of 639
Nevada: #101 of 639
Utah State: #167 of 639
UNM: #202 of 639
FSU: #290 of 639
BSU: #332 of 639 :thumb:
UNLV: #350 of 639
SJSU: #357 of 639
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

GO POKES!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gameday!! WOOT!
Riding High!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Stream?
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Nasty Naughton!
Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Starting 5 looking pretty damn solid out there. Adams is BIG in that 5. Loving "The Sheriff" Naughton owning the paint! McMan has been hit with a soft foul but he's got a little more life in him so far too.
Riding High!!!