BSU @ WYO

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:Was there video of this? Gowyo.com had audio only and themw said it was geoblocked or some poop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was in livestream like all the Root/MWC games are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I missed the game...... 3-21 from the arc? That sure looks to me like why the pokes lost. Jmac finally made a couple, he had all 3 makes. Pretty poor showing from the foul line too looks like.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I watched the game on Root. Not sure why the rest of you didn't get it. It was tough to watch. Pokes couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Boise coach complained early about the disparity in fouls and evidently the refs took it to heart and stopped calling anything on BSU. I normally watch everything to the bitter end, but tonight I turned it off with two minutes to go. Just couldn't stand to watch anymore.

Good to see Jmac finally knock down a couple threes
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Yeah, our shooting was just horrendous. Once the lid went on the basket, even the easy stuff was rimming out. Boise played great basketball.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Sucks we couldn't put up more of a fight in front of such a decent crowd. Tough to beat anyone when they shot the three like they did and we did like we did. That dunk by JJ was filthy. I didn't see lack of effort by us though. Days like this happen. Sucks
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This was a tough game to watch - it was pretty much over from the start. We were lousy on defense all game. We were not only bad on shooting 3s, but we couldn't even make lay-ups.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

At least one bad half in each of the last four HOME games. Trend.......or just bad luck?

USU 48 (2nd half)
WYO 38

Nev 50 (2nd half)
WYO 43

UNLV 42 (2nd half)
WYO 25

BSU 42 (1st half)
WYO 28
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

POKE FAN wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:14 am At least one bad half in each of the last four HOME games. Trend.......or just bad luck?

USU 48 (2nd half)
WYO 38

Nev 50 (2nd half)
WYO 43

UNLV 42 (2nd half)
WYO 25

BSU 42 (1st half)
WYO 28
I just don't think this team has shown enough "consistent" ability to simply shoot the basketball. We can break down x's and o's all day but at the end of the day the pokes are just way too inconsistent particularly with the 3 ball. Couple that with a few weaknesses defensively and athletically and the product is what we're seeing. On nights when they shoot well, they can play with anyone..... a'la the USC game. Right now though, simply plagued by inability to consistently put the ball through the hoop more than the other team.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

FarmerPoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:15 am
POKE FAN wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:14 am At least one bad half in each of the last four HOME games. Trend.......or just bad luck?

USU 48 (2nd half)
WYO 38

Nev 50 (2nd half)
WYO 43

UNLV 42 (2nd half)
WYO 25

BSU 42 (1st half)
WYO 28
I just don't think this team has shown enough "consistent" ability to simply shoot the basketball. We can break down x's and o's all day but at the end of the day the pokes are just way too inconsistent particularly with the 3 ball. Couple that with a few weaknesses defensively and athletically and the product is what we're seeing. On nights when they shoot well, they can play with anyone..... a'la the USC game. Right now though, simply plagued by inability to consistently put the ball through the hoop more than the other team.
Through five weeks of conference play (halfway), Wyoming leads the MWC in three-point field goal attempts (237). Only Nevada (226) and Boise (220) are close. Yet, Wyoming is nearly the worst in the league in 3-point FG% (29.5%). Only SJSU is worse (29.4%). Should Edwards continue to stick a square peg in a round hole? One would think adjustments would/could be made to adapt to the current talent level of the team in order to be more competitive when the outside shots aren't falling consistently. The Pokes are shooting a respectable 51% inside the arc through nine games.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

This is an interesting non-conference matchup during the middle of conference season. I am picking the Pokes to come out on top tonight over Boise State in front of a very engaged western Wyoming crowd!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

going up against a bad SDSU team tomorrow night, but we can't win there, why can we think we can now, this team really needs a true leader that wants the ball and wants to make plays, until then they'll continue to struggle, guess we're all waiting til next year(like usual) for this recruiting class we all are chomping at the bit to seeing, time will tell....