BSU vs WYO Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Up in star Valley and they streamed on Facebook. Meredith just pinned his man in 18 seconds to secure the dual win.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Good performance by the Pokes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

and on top of it they maxed the gym capacity of over 2000 people what a night in Afton, didn't say if Rulon was there or not, unless I misread
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Anybody know if the stream was archived somewhere? It would be nice to watch...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

That was a beat 'em down last night! Whooboy.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Boise is not very good this year but great to see the Pokes roll. I would love to see a full clip from Meredith's match if anyone knows where one is. The stream was showing a replay of the previous match and thus it did not show the takedown/throw that Meredith must have used to put the Boise wrestler to his back in a matter of seconds. Must have been one TIGHT pin hold as he passed the Boise wrestler out!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am Boise is not very good this year but great to see the Pokes roll. I would love to see a full clip from Meredith's match if anyone knows where one is. The stream was showing a replay of the previous match and thus it did not show the takedown/throw that Meredith must have used to put the Boise wrestler to his back in a matter of seconds. Must have been one TIGHT pin hold as he passed the Boise wrestler out!!!
I saw that. The Boise kid got choked out cold!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 am and on top of it they maxed the gym capacity of over 2000 people what a night in Afton, didn't say if Rulon was there or not, unless I misread
That is pretty incredible when one considers that the total population of Afton is roughly 2000 (with several other smaller towns in the area). Star Valley loves their wrestling and has the best high school team in the entire state this year (better than Green River and Gillette).
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:35 am
stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 am and on top of it they maxed the gym capacity of over 2000 people what a night in Afton, didn't say if Rulon was there or not, unless I misread
That is pretty incredible when one considers that the total population of Afton is roughly 2000 (with several other smaller towns in the area). Star Valley loves their wrestling and has the best high school team in the entire state this year (better than Green River and Gillette).
My senior year we beat them in a dual, then for a state title.. we hadn't beat them in a dual in MANY years.. then beat them on a neutral site in Riverton.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 am
My senior year we beat them in a dual, then for a state title.. we hadn't beat them in a dual in MANY years.. then beat them on a neutral site in Riverton.
Worland? We never dueled SV as they were always 3A and on the opposite side of the state when I was in HS.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 am
MrTitleist wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 am
Worland? We never dueled SV as they were always 3A and on the opposite side of the state when I was in HS.
Yup!
ImageImageImageImage
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

never mind, I suck at embedding tweets....
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I am from SV. Rulon didn't have anything to do with the 2k people. They definitely would go to see UW regardless. They have dozens and dozens of wrestling banners in the rafters. Star Valley population is much more than 2k, and the valley is used to traveling. I drove 20 miles to High School. Alpine and surrounding areas are getting a lot of the Jackson spillover (like Theo Dawson's family). My guess is that there are 5-6k people now. That said, the fact that 2k tickets were sold and it was sold out was great. Lots of my family were there. They aren't a wrestling family by any stretch, but being on the west side of the state, UW athletics rarely make it in our back yard. They all went and loved it. You could tell the wrestlers were stoked to have a good crowd that were cheering and yelling.

Meredith almost broke that kid in half. My gosh. The dude was struggling for air within seconds.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

So I heard the announcers say livestream/svi or the SVI Facebook page.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

So they uploaded the highlights on www.gowyo.com . Bryce started with a front headlock and the Boise wrestler 'sat out' and Bryce jumped sides right into a ridiculously tight half. Not sure what the Boise wrestler was thinking to sit out there but he sure paid for it!