Thoughts on San Diego St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

So going to their little shop of horrors that is Viejas Arena and the Show, sure would love to see us get a "down" Asstec team for a change on their home floor, does Jason break outta his slump, do we out rebound them, does Fischer go thru the game w/o an anuersym, etc, etc....GO POKES
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am So going to their little shop of horrors that is Viejas Arena and the Show, sure would love to see us get a "down" Asstec team for a change on their home floor, does Jason break outta his slump, do we out rebound them, does Fischer go thru the game w/o an anuersym, etc, etc....GO POKES
JMac broke out of his slump in the second half of the BSU game. The lid is off JMac - go get em.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

JMac really struggles against the length and athletic D of SDSU. They are a really tough matchup for our team physically.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

After getting smacked by Boise at home I don't have much hope, but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us. Gonna just depend on if shots go in the hoop or not.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:23 am After getting smacked by Boise at home I don't have much hope, but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us. Gonna just depend on if shots go in the hoop or not.
If we rebound and play defense like the last game and 1/2, we could shoot lights out and still get run out of the gym. As someone else posted, does it make sense we lead the league in attempted 3's and we shoot nearly the worst percentage in the league? I have to admit I don't like the direction of the team. We should be running screens for James and Dalton and maybe Gorski. No one else should even be allowed to shoot. Watching Herndon and Jmac shoot 3's is just painful.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I was excited when Edwards took over that we would actually run an offense that created high percentage opportunities. Shyatt ran that weave with cutters and slasher yet RARELY turned the guys loose on these cuts just to wait until the end of the shot clock and huck up contested 3s. Now we do the same we just do it in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock instead of the last 10 seconds. It is aggravating.

We have only ran into a couple teams this seasons where we don't have an "athletic" advantage. There isnt anyone we've played who can shut down JJ consistently. He is a nightmare to guard and can get to the rim with ease. Dalton has shown the ability to make a move and get to the rim but rarely does the O run through him. Even Herndon has shown better ability in post yet the current scheme never emphasizes this. Adams too has shown great ability to get to the rim and finish. Instead of driving and hitting easy shots/getting them in foul trouble, we just sit at the arc and shoot and shoot and shoot and miss and miss and miss.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Coach just needs to tell them to stop shooting threes because we suck at it. I'd much rather see us relentlessly attack the rim.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 am
stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am So going to their little shop of horrors that is Viejas Arena and the Show, sure would love to see us get a "down" Asstec team for a change on their home floor, does Jason break outta his slump, do we out rebound them, does Fischer go thru the game w/o an anuersym, etc, etc....GO POKES
JMac broke out of his slump in the second half of the BSU game. The lid is off JMac - go get em.
we hope so right, time will tell
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

The good news about this game is SDSU has been struggling. I'm guessing their arena and fanbase have to have cooled off a little this year (hopefully :D ), which gives me hope the environment isn't gonna be as nasty as years past. Wyo needs to come out strong and throw some more cold water on SDSU's situation. No idea what to expect this game and Wyoming has shown high flying ability as well as imploding. Just hoping they keep building to the finish. Go steal this game Cowboys.
Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

:grenade: WOW poop we're 10 point dogs......damn the wheels have come off ahahahahah
Riding High!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

A loss. Guaranteed.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I won't watch as I don't have cable anymore, and never can find CBS Sports Network streamed, but I'll listen to Dave and Kevin for a bit
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

If there was ever a time to beat them in San Diego, this would be the time. The short handed Fort Fart turds managed to do it, so can we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I think JMac will be fine going forward. But getting a win in Viejas is hard for us kinda like winning in Vegas.

Not sure we can pull off a win there but this is a serious down year for SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Is this one on CBS or something? No stream?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Coach getting a T because the refs suck. Aztec stuck his knee out and knees James in the leg as he tripped him. No call

W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This is starting to look really bad, that T should fire them up let's see if it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Man, Lieberman sucks. Bad pass. Steals it, bad pass on a 3-1.

W-Y, Until I Die!
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

Basketball is a really hard game when your not athletic enough to shoot from anywhere on the floor. That is Wyoming tonight.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Maybe we should stop shooting threes? maybe? holy crap