Looking ahead to next year....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

So was thinking about this and it is a good questions as I saw it mentioned before.

Who starts on next years team and gets the most minutes? Based on the way they are being played this year and with who is coming back looks like the starters will be:

PG: Lieberman
Wing: Adams
Wing: James
Big : Herndon
Big: Naughton

You would think Dalton should start somewhere but the way coach is using him this year and with everyone back in his same position does coach keep bringing him off of the bench? Plus you ad in the transfer from Utep.

Also at PG will he sit Lieberman for someone else? Only person I could see maybe getting put out there would be the kid from Washington St. but doubt he will. I know some were thinking Mack could come in as a freshman and play PG but I have watched Mack and he doesn't even play point really.

He barely brings the ball up the floor. He plays the off guard or wing position plus he will be a freshman. So if Mack even ends up playing he will be subbing in for James or Adams. He may redshirt though.

I am interested in those two spots and what will happen with them but that is how I see it. Lieberman starting again based on the way this coaching staff does things and then not sure if they will keep bringing Dalton off the bench or actually start him over Herndon or Naughton. Or do you go bigger and let Dalton start for Adams? Who knows with how this coaching staff does rotations.

Just curious on everyone else's thoughts on this. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but does anyone see coach moving Dalton ahead of these other guys?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Who said Mack would start at PG? I don't remember seeing that. No chance of it either, imo. I do like his chances of starting on the wing though.

I think people are underestimating how good he will be. I know he'll only be a true freshman, but I think he'd be the best wing on this year's team.

If Jones or Herndon were about 20 lbs heavier, I'd say that would be the starting interior. But yeah we'll probably stick with Naughton, even though I don't think he fits the offense.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:36 pm Who said Mack would start at PG? I don't remember seeing that. No chance of it either, imo. I do like his chances of starting on the wing though.

I think people are underestimating how good he will be. I know he'll only be a true freshman, but I think he'd be the best wing on this year's team.

If Jones or Herndon were about 20 lbs heavier, I'd say that would be the starting interior. But yeah we'll probably stick with Naughton, even though I don't think he fits the offense.
Hmmm. I don't think so.

Anyway, we all know Lieberman will probably start again. And that lowers our ceiling.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Guard: Redding/Liebs (I think its Liebs to lose, but I don't think it will be tough to supplant him)
Guard/Wing: Adams
Guard/Wing: Aka Gorski
Wing/Big: Herndon
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:36 pm Who said Mack would start at PG? I don't remember seeing that. No chance of it either, imo. I do like his chances of starting on the wing though.

I am not sure if I saw it mentioned on this board or not but I know it was mentioned on the other board by a few that Mack would play PG but I don't see it either.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:51 pm Guard: Redding/Liebs (I think its Liebs to lose, but I don't think it will be tough to supplant him)
I like Gorski shooting from outside but if coach starts him over James next year with JMac leaving and James keeps improving I will wonder what is going on. You could be right though. Never know with this coaching staff.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:51 pm Guard: Redding/Liebs (I think its Liebs to lose, but I don't think it will be tough to supplant him)
I like Gorski shooting from outside but if coach starts him over James next year with JMac leaving and James keeps improving I will wonder what is going on. You could be right though. Never know with this coaching staff.
If James doesn't start next year.. I will have serious doubts about the staff. I already do because he's not starting, but my thoughts have already been well documented about that.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Depending on how good Brodricks Jones is, I could see Dalton transitioning to more of a 3 than a 4 and starting as a Dalton, Herndon, and Jones/Naughton front court. This team could put out a lengthy 2-3 matchup zone with James, Mack, Dalton, Herndon, and a rim protector.

It would be really nice to see Dalton eat 20,000 calories a meal this off-season and get over 200 pounds.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

this is our theme year in and year out, "wait til next year" gets old, but thinking we're on the right track
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I haven't even seen this year's team, but the fact you guys are already talking next year tells me all I need to know, I guess.