UW @ AF

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

JMac is still not squaring up when he shoots. His shot is too rushed and his shooting fundamentals are off.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm JMac is still not squaring up when he shoots. His shot is too rushed and his shooting fundamentals are off.
And his shots appear flat - i.e., little or no arc. I think this is because his hand is mostly vertical when he takes the shot, so he pushes it rather than rolling back his wrist and flicking it forward. I believe he used to do the latter.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

7 assists for James...THAT'S what I like to see!!!!!!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:42 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:37 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm James plays 37 min and we get a conference road win. hmmmmm really makes you think?
Who would've thought...
We should have at least 2-3 more wins this year. Hopefully the rookie head coach will take notice pf today's minutes, lineups, and results
:rofl:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:10 pm J mac shoots 2-10 from the field today and gets 26 minutes. When is this going to stop? He is a huge liability and should not be starting. Dalton had 5 turnovers today. I now understand why his minutes are limited.

Just because because we swept Air force does not mean we will get to 20 wins. I would be happy with a split with csewe. For this team to go anywhere, we need more from Naughton and he simply is not stepping up at the offensive end - 2 points and 2 rebounds today.
Considering this team was picked to finish last, I guess maybe we've over achieved. I have to give Edwards credit. He stuck with Lieberman and it seems to be paying off.
You did notice that Naughton only played six minutes, right?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

TracyRingolsby wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:10 pm J mac shoots 2-10 from the field today and gets 26 minutes. When is this going to stop? He is a huge liability and should not be starting. Dalton had 5 turnovers today. I now understand why his minutes are limited.

Just because because we swept Air force does not mean we will get to 20 wins. I would be happy with a split with csewe. For this team to go anywhere, we need more from Naughton and he simply is not stepping up at the offensive end - 2 points and 2 rebounds today.
Considering this team was picked to finish last, I guess maybe we've over achieved. I have to give Edwards credit. He stuck with Lieberman and it seems to be paying off.
According to the stat sheet, he played 15 minutes.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:48 pm
kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm JMac is still not squaring up when he shoots. His shot is too rushed and his shooting fundamentals are off.
And his shots appear flat - i.e., little or no arc. I think this is because his hand is mostly vertical when he takes the shot, so he pushes it rather than rolling back his wrist and flicking it forward. I believe he used to do the latter.
This has been a problem for real. Damn he's firing those laser beam clankers. poop reminds me of my high school teammates shots ahaha :rofl: :rofl: Let's hope he gets it worked out but times a wastin.
Riding High!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I'm not getting my hopes up until I see us shoot well consistently for a few games in a row against the top half of the league and win some of those games. Again we won this game only because we shot the 3 ball well. Let's see if we are able to do it again. I have my doubts. Good road win in conference but only reason was because we shot a ton of 3's AGAIN and we made them this game. If we go cold we lose. Every game of this team boils down to whether or not they make their 3's because they shoot too many of them. Not a good way to win games consistently.

Just hope we get hot for 3 or 4 games in the MWC tournament. Would like to see us win some games without relying on the 3 ball but I know that isn't what this team does so we are stuck with what they are. Just have to hope they are hot every game I guess.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 am I'm not getting my hopes up until I see us shoot well consistently for a few games in a row against the top half of the league and win some of those games. Again we won this game only because we shot the 3 ball well. Let's see if we are able to do it again. I have my doubts. Good road win in conference but only reason was because we shot a ton of 3's AGAIN and we made them this game. If we go cold we lose. Every game of this team boils down to whether or not they make their 3's because they shoot too many of them. Not a good way to win games consistently.

Just hope we get hot for 3 or 4 games in the MWC tournament. Would like to see us win some games without relying on the 3 ball but I know that isn't what this team does so we are stuck with what they are. Just have to hope they are hot every game I guess.
The big key to this game too was AF can't athletically match the Pokes and be all up in their poop like the top 6 or so MWC teams. The lengthy/athletic teams D is what causes our squad problems and our 3 point looks are much more hurried. They can play and beat those teams but they have to be crisp with excellent ball movement, limit TOs, and yes hit some 3's. I think they can get there. You could just tell yesterday when they played it was like "aw yes its Air Force and not SDSU". The team looked at ease burying shots, getting good looks, and getting to the hoop. They gotta a little lax on D at points but overall upped it from past meltdowns. I think this UW team relishes playing AF which I love!!! Poor AF...the new shot clock rules hurt teams like them more then anyone....wait who cares f-word Air Force :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Riding High!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Good win, now let's see what happens on Wed against Fresno at home
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 am

What? You mean to tell me that we let the facts get in the way of a good rant?! Unheard of....
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I definitely have no stats to back it up, but it sure seems like we find more open looks at 3 (and more seem to go in) when we have Naughton down low giving us somewhat of a post presence. Our shots stop falling as soon as we have 5 guys just sitting around on the perimeter, and the penetration by James and Adams that we love is a lot less effective when there isn't anyone there for an easy drop-off/finish.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Any word on Gorski's injury?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:17 am

I definitely have no stats to back it up, but it sure seems like we find more open looks at 3 (and more seem to go in) when we have Naughton down low giving us somewhat of a post presence. Our shots stop falling as soon as we have 5 guys just sitting around on the perimeter, and the penetration by James and Adams that we love is a lot less effective when there isn't anyone there for an easy drop-off/finish.
I too have no stats, but I would agree that when Naughton is on the floor, we seem to have more offensive continuity and seem to find high percentage shots easier. I would like to see him get 4-8 minutes more a game for sure.