Hunter Thompson breakdown

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

I don't know how many of you have had a chance to watch Hunter Thompson over the last couple years but I got to see him for the first time tonight as the Hornets traveled here to Kimball, NE and put on a show against the much smaller and outclassed Longhorns.

Take aways from Hunter Thompson's performance:
Nice shooting touch - hit about 5-6 three pointers that I don't think touched anything but net.

Smart player - made the extra pass to get teammates layups and open looks. Able to feel contact and get shots up to the rim although arms were draped all over him.

Slow defensively - the one real downside I saw is that he just doesn't move laterally very quickly at all. Granted that Kimball didn't run a guy over 6' tall and most are track athletes, so he won't be guarding guys like this in college, but 6'8" guys playing college ball aren't slouches and are playing D1 basketball for a reason.

I don't know what our recruiting class is like next year, but with having him be able to practice with guys like Dalton and Herndon who have very similar body types, I hope they give him a redshirt year to figure things out. I hope after a year of learning from those two he could step in and play like Dalton has this year.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think the plan is for him to redshirt. We have a great recruiting class coming in. I think some sites had it in the top 10 for mid majors.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I've been to 4 games and going to the last 2 at Burns and PB against Lusk this Saturday, kid is fun to watch, I agree I find him a bit lazy on D but it's 2A Wyoming High School BBall, his shot is silky smooth and he does many things well, and will only learn and get better. It's not just him that's good tho he's got a heck of a team around him, that PG Fornstrom is a ball of fire as well, Styger is fun as well, overall fun team to watch. So glad to have seen him the past 3 years and his progression and looking forward to seeing him grow, learn and prosper as a Poke!!! Good Job Hunter!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

@Burns tonight around 6pm and tomorrow for senior day 4pm vs Lusk, should be fun, any prop bets over under 30 ppg?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I don't know if it's because of the difference between WY preps coverage and NJ/CO preps coverage, but I feel like we've hardly heard anything about him this season. I think I've only seen results for maybe 5 games max, whereas both Mack and Maldonado we've heard twice as much about their senior seasons.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo