@Utah St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:12 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:37 am My problem with this team is shot selection. Haydon Dalton took 9 3's last night and made 2. Herndon took 6 and made 1. Those 2 should shoot 3's only when the shot clock is running down. Both of them, especially Dalton, should be in the paint or a hellavu lot closer to the basket. We will rarely win on the road shooting 3's. Utah st. got the ball inside over and over again.

There is not 1 player on this team who will be or is even capable of being 1st or 2nd team all conference. We don't get consistent performances from anyone. I think Edwards is going to have to change his offensive philosophy of shoot when you have your legs under you. It was nice that Dalton made a few 3's in the first half. Problem is, he kept hucking up there and killing us. Plus, he's so far from the basket he can't get a rebound.

If Shyatt played too much ball control, it seems that we have gone too far the other way.
Agree with this.

I saw it pointed out on the other board I think by NowherePoke that Dalton and Herndon played a total of 68 minutes in the front court last night and had a combined 9 rebounds together in 68 minutes. That is horrible and we won't win playing like that. The reason for it is because of the shot selection and Dalton and Herndon just standing out at the 3 point line hucking them up.

I have been watching the last couple of games and in reality our offense is horrible. Everyone just stands around the 3 point line not much movement and when they do move they run to another spot on the 3 point line. This teams offensive efficiency is horrible.

I actually liked Shyatts ball control offenses better where they would pass the ball around and get good movement and run a motion offense and make cuts. I'm more into the type of offense that Virginia and Wisconsin run where they don't turn the ball over and take care of it and slow it down more than this run and gun Kentucky, North Carolina crap we are trying to run. We don't have the players to run that type of offense.

Shyatts offenses were actually a lot more efficient than this Wyoming's team offense is. This team only scores some higher points because they come down and huck up 3 point shots every time within 10 seconds or less. I agree Edwards needs to change this offense it is bad. Then you add the stupid turnovers on top of it and it is a recipe for disaster.
I noticed a lot of big man outside the 3 point line poop when shots were going up last night. While that is gonna happen with guys like Dalton and Herndon who throw up a lot 3's they still need some balance. This team has to learn how to get into those positions when shots are going up were your still a rebounding threat. It's an art and you need to know your teammates tendencies. The squad needs to drive to the bucket more too, they just give up on it sometimes and they pick poor spots to do it others. Missed the 2nd half last night but ahah might've been a good thing.
Riding High!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Herndon and Dalton were both tired hence the reason for constant front rim three point attempts and the lack of paint control as well.

You can almost always tell when a player is spent they front rim shots and there is little to no rotation in the ball and I saw a lot of that rewatching the game.

Going to take a few days off for those guys. This CSU game is very worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:48 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:48 pm Good god his lineup management is piss poor. Why Adams isn't on the floor instead of Liebs or JMac is unacceptable. I don't freaking get it
I'll get it for you. Lieberman made 2 3's and scored 10 points in the second half. Adams missed 2 crazy dunk attempts and looked completely out of control in the second half. Jmac got the benefit of the doubt because he scored 30 in the last game. I would agree that Jmac probably shouldn't have been in the way he shot last night. But, we didn't lose because Adams wasn't in. We lost because Dalton and others shot horribly in the second half and we let them inside for too many easy shots.
So last game Adams gets benched for not playing with enough energy and tonight he gets benched for having too much energy.... gotcha. Sounds like Edwards knows what he's doing
One person makes a well thought out reply and then there's itsuckstobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:53 pm This CSU game is very worrisome.
Not for CSU, it isn't. I think the 7-player rotation increased the morale and energized them immensely. I hate to see it, but Edwards will get outcoached in this one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:53 pm Herndon and Dalton were both tired hence the reason for constant front rim three point attempts and the lack of paint control as well.

You can almost always tell when a player is spent they front rim shots and there is little to no rotation in the ball and I saw a lot of that rewatching the game.

Then why no Naughton or Momeka? Edwards is clueless and has no feel for who to play. It makes no sense whatsoever
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe Edwards has a little hat on the sideline no one can see, and just draws names out to decide who to put in the game?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Bad collapse against a bad Utah State team, we shouldn't have lost the fashion we did, grrrr
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:53 pm Herndon and Dalton were both tired hence the reason for constant front rim three point attempts and the lack of paint control as well.

Then why no Naughton or Momeka? Edwards is clueless and has no feel for who to play. It makes no sense whatsoever
I have no inside information and don't know why he subs the way he does he is the coach I never questioned some of the baffling moves Shyatt made so I don't question Edwards.

I'm not a coach I don't presume to be. I can see fatigue and mental breakdown on the court. I can see a senior leader collapsing under pressure of trying to be that leader and I can see a bunch of young players without a floor leader.

This I know, a coach can't make a player the floor leader it's like a QB trying to lead his team and no one has faith in him. We have no one on the court leading. Maybe no one on the team is either capable or willing to step up. As long as the team had no leader in the floor we will continue to collapse in games.

I blame the entire team and staff for the position we're in not just the coach.