I think we're too hard on Edwards

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Not sure about Edwards, but will say Shyatt player selections. Beyond 3 core players, with the prospect of competing in what would have been year 6 are puzzling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

johnywyo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm Not sure about Edwards, but will say Shyatt player selections. Beyond 3 core players, with the prospect of competing in what would have been year 6 are puzzling.

3? Who besides Josh and Larry? James?
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote:
johnywyo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm Not sure about Edwards, but will say Shyatt player selections. Beyond 3 core players, with the prospect of competing in what would have been year 6 are puzzling.

3? Who besides Josh and Larry? James?
Correct.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:23 pm
kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:35 am
LanderPoke wrote:He's the worst game day coach I've seen at Wyoming. If you can't master the simple task of identifying your best players and playing them then how can you master the finer aspects of the game?

JJ 14 min tonight is atrocious. Cody f@$%*ng Kelly played more. A 5'8'' walk on played more than your leading scorer and one of the most talented players in the conference. That's asinine. I'm done with him. We've got the talent to be contending and he's blowing it with these bullsh*t rotations. incredibly bad.
Then quit bitching and stop talking about him
Defend his reason for playing JJ 14 min then
Did he perceive an attitude, hustle, or "energy" problem?

I know that Coach is extremely upset with energy and focus by some players that should not have trouble with those things at this stage of the season and their careers.

I also still think that there was an attitude or focus problem that made last year's "High-5" incident possible. Kids make mistakes, but what in the world made five players think that was an acceptable decision at that point in the season?

There is more going on here than finding the five guys that put up the post points per night and letting them run as much as they feel like running.
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Are you F N kidding me, the entire game we are within a point or two or ahead. Lieberman is pulled out as PG and Boise State goes on a 13-0 run. When are the coaches at Wyoming going to leave the players that are playing good in the game. This isn't about Lieberman, its just about playing a top three team in the MW, so keep it close and give yourself a chance. If someone is F N up pull their ass out. If the game is close against one of the best teams in the conference, stay with the veteran players F**k - yes, tired of seeing this. Keep it close so we have a chance don't let us get blown out.

Shocker, now were are back to a five point game, so F all you haters who were thinking about giving me poop for this post.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Boise game business as usual, though. Look OK first half. Get way behind second half. Then play like you should have all game to get very close, only to blow it in last minutes or seconds. Typical Edwards.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I was gone today, no Boise st game thread?
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Obviously missed the game, but looks like it was a good one. All I've got to go off is the box score, looks like essentially the game was even, but Boise St got 13 more ft attempts, not surprising being at home, and made 6 more than the pokes. Pokes outrebounded Boise St and took 9 more shots, but made less.

My only take on the game looking at the box score....... Jmac obviously deserved to play 11 minutes more than any other player on the team with that excellent 3-15 shooting, 1-9 from the arc. Lets get him 37 minutes a game please!!! I can't say much because I didn't watch or listen to the game, but when your most played player gives you that kind of production with virtually not leaving the floor, you're gonna lose most every game you play. Kudos to the pokes for keeping it as close as they did.

Edit: Also unless I'm missing something on an injury/illness or disciplinary front.......... 3 entire minutes for Naughton??????? :rofl:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:50 pm Obviously missed the game, but looks like it was a good one. All I've got to go off is the box score, looks like essentially the game was even, but Boise St got 13 more ft attempts, not surprising being at home, and made 6 more than the pokes. Pokes outrebounded Boise St and took 9 more shots, but made less.

My only take on the game looking at the box score....... Jmac obviously deserved to play 11 minutes more than any other player on the team with that excellent 3-15 shooting, 1-9 from the arc. Lets get him 37 minutes a game please!!! I can't say much because I didn't watch or listen to the game, but when your most played player gives you that kind of production with virtually not leaving the floor, you're gonna lose most every game you play. Kudos to the pokes for keeping it as close as they did.

Edit: Also unless I'm missing something on an injury/illness or disciplinary front.......... 3 entire minutes for Naughton??????? :rofl:
Since I watched the game, I'll give you a quick synopsis. We led at the half thanks to Dalton and James. Boise came out in the second half and put it to us. They were up by about 12 or 13 with 3 or 4 minutes to go and then we made a few shots (Herndon and Gorski) to make it close. The discrepancy in foul shots was due to us fouling them on every possession in the last few minutes. They made most of them. We never quite got the ball down just 1 possession. Typical game in that we shot the ball really well from 3 in the first 1/2 and then went ice cold in the second 1/2.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

davidwyo wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:31 pm Are you F N kidding me, the entire game we are within a point or two or ahead. Lieberman is pulled out as PG and Boise State goes on a 13-0 run. When are the coaches at Wyoming going to leave the players that are playing good in the game. This isn't about Lieberman, its just about playing a top three team in the MW, so keep it close and give yourself a chance. If someone is F N up pull their ass out. If the game is close against one of the best teams in the conference, stay with the veteran players F**k - yes, tired of seeing this. Keep it close so we have a chance don't let us get blown out.

Shocker, now were are back to a five point game, so F all you haters who were thinking about giving me poop for this post.

F it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 pm The discrepancy in foul shots was due to us fouling them on every possession in the last few minutes.
My observation about foul shots is that Edwards and staff have not figured out how to keep teams from driving inside. Then the opponent gets an easy one or gets fouled. The Poke opposition have consistently plugged up the inside against them, with a LOT of blocked shots. But Edwards hasn't figured out how the Pokes can plug up the inside.