Border War Part 1- CSU @ WYO

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I missed the game (looks like I didn't miss much) but why did Naughton only get 6 minutes? More of Edwards coaching by feel?
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:20 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 pm Was out tonight for Valentines Day and missed the game. Doesn't look that I missed much. What's the story with no production out of Dalton? Sadly just not a very good team this year. Down year in the conference and we can't even compete for top half of the conference. Granted we were picked last, so i guess we are exceeding expectations in that regard. :D
He didn't do anything except turn it over and commit fouls.
Weird fouls... fouls when there was nothing to gain. Just reaching in to reach in. It was strange watching him tonight
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

My silver lining:

The last 11 minutes we played our versions of our "death lineup" with no "PG" on the floor and that is when we pushed CSU, and Edwards stuck with it. We were basically +8 in those 11 minutes with those lineups. Hopefully it's something we see more of. JMacs game opens up so much more when everyone on the floor is a threat. I love Adams relentlessness attacking the rim. I really liked the lineup Herndon, Moemeka, James, Adams and JMac.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 pm My silver lining:

The last 11 minutes we played our versions of our "death lineup" with no "PG" on the floor and that is when we pushed CSU, and Edwards stuck with it. We were basically +8 in those 11 minutes with those lineups. Hopefully it's something we see more of. JMacs game opens up so much more when everyone on the floor is a threat. I love Adams relentlessness attacking the rim. I really liked the lineup Herndon, Moemeka, James, Adams and JMac.
Loved seeing JJ and Adams on the court together for extended minutes. They fed well off each other. JJ had another fantastic game
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I'm back in WYO and caught the game!! Ugghhh a good game but a rough one. Couldn't overcome that first half. Wyo wasn't aggressive enough to the hole and they didn't get some calls that would've put CSU in a bind. I thought the team played pretty well but Dalton def looks hurt. I think that knee is bugging him and his frame may have taken too much of a pounding. He was a step slow all night and couldn't compete his standard way. I think they should sit him if necessary a few games to heal if he can.
Def positives to take away but its alway a big time negative to lose to the sheep especially at home. Liked seeing Moemeka getting minutes and I think that should continue. Might as well develop guys now and try to gel the unit for the MW tourney. JJ was pretty damn awesome and they just didn't get him enough touches....man oh man. The team still hasn't put 2 halves together consistently.
Riding High!!!
.44caliberkiller
Blog Team

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:42 pm I missed the game (looks like I didn't miss much) but why did Naughton only get 6 minutes? More of Edwards coaching by feel?
Naughton didn't play much because CSU rarely plays a traditional big and he doesn't match up well against Omogbo. I haven't really liked Edwards rotations this year, but for a change I agreed with them tonight. Even with the questionable officiating we win this game if Dalton has a decent game or if Mcmanamen has a good shooting game.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Not sure which game you all were watching. I saw a team that csu totally dominated most of the game. In fact we were on the verge of being blown out until Herndon and James made a few shots. CSU got any shot they wanted and got several put backs because blocking out is just something this team doesnt' do. James and Herndon kept us in the game but we had no flow on offense and there is just a lot of standing around waiting for someone to do something. Every game, we make stupid turnovers and throw up ridiculous shots from beyond the arc. Csu has a few good players but they're nothing special.

Our starting guards were 4-19 from the field. This is close to the worst team in a conference that is incredibly weak. We will more than likely lose our first round tournament game as a 9 or 10 seed.

I find it interesting that posters on this board called this a "good game" except for officiating or so and so had a bad game. We don't deserve any calls. We are out of position all of the time and just because Adams goes down the lane completely out of control and runs into 2 or 3 people doesn't mean he was fouled. Frankly, he got a lot of calls last night he will never get on the road.

With Shyatt, I never felt like we got out coached. Maybe we didn't have the best talent but players were under control and we played good defense. Every team we've played this year gets open looks anytime they want. I don't know if the talent is really poor or Edwards can't coach but I guess we will find out in the next year or 2.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Flat, flat, flat, came out horrible, sluggish, is this a rivalry game? Refs sucked big time but that's not why we lost, CSU wanted it way more and I don't see us winning any of the last 4, maybe maybe New Mexico Feb. 25 but I doubt it. This team is tired, there's chemistry issues and it shows. The desire is gone!!! Sad to see
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 pm So basically they stand around and launch threes.
Yes. All except for James and Adams. Edwards needs to get the ball inside more.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

wrxman wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 pm officiating is officially poop...again

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Yes. It really was. They got every call and I can think of three just down the stretch we didn't get.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:24 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:20 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 pm Was out tonight for Valentines Day and missed the game. Doesn't look that I missed much. What's the story with no production out of Dalton? Sadly just not a very good team this year. Down year in the conference and we can't even compete for top half of the conference. Granted we were picked last, so i guess we are exceeding expectations in that regard. :D
He didn't do anything except turn it over and commit fouls.
Weird fouls... fouls when there was nothing to gain. Just reaching in to reach in. It was strange watching him tonight
Yeah, Dalton basically played like he was high. I fully supported coach benching him. Dalton needs to play with more control and brains.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

We just had no answer for Omogbo down low. He was a beast on the boards. Good to see Adams and James play together. Hopefully Edwards does that more. Wish Gorski would stay injured.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Adams is the only player on the team with drive and passion for winning every time he touches the ball.

I'm not sure what it is about him he just doesn't get the benefit of the foul call. Not at home and not on the road but he is still the most exciting player on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 pm Adams is the only player on the team with drive and passion for winning every time he touches the ball.

I'm not sure what it is about him he just doesn't get the benefit of the foul call. Not at home and not on the road but he is still the most exciting player on the team.

Huh? He shot 18 free throws last night. He got every call possible and then some.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 pm Adams is the only player on the team with drive and passion for winning every time he touches the ball.

Huh? He shot 18 free throws last night. He got every call possible and then some.
Homers gonna homer...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:08 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Homers gonna homer...
I can think of two calls Adams didn't get down the stretch.