AA renovation...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

elfletcho wrote:
aranderson wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:33 pm
wyocowboy2014 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 pm There are more exciting changes coming around football and beer sales. Not sure when they will be announced, but you guys will be excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate to pry but is there any insight or hints that can be given other than the sport in which it pertains to, and the beverage that is referenced?
No. But you guys are gonna love it.
Was it the statue or Mickeys?

W-Y, Until I Die!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 pm There are more exciting changes coming around football and beer sales. Not sure when they will be announced, but you guys will be excited.

I hate to pry but is there any insight or hints that can be given other than the sport in which it pertains to, and the beverage that is referenced?

One of them was Mickys. Other hasn't been announced yet.

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I still think it was stupid to pull out of the original plan when we were 4 million short. I understand Blaylock wanted to focus on HAPC funding. They should have built the original plan to boot.

Still, I like what they've done with this project. There will be improved restrooms, concessions, new points of sales, the Kenny statue, signage, lighting.....and there's still room to add a grand glass entryway on the east side of the AA at some point. it will just be a lot more expensive than 4 million dollars when they do build AA phase 3.

The basketball facilities are top notch now. It's no wonder we're starting to pull in four star recruits.

I can't wait until this fall. That entryway between the HAPC, the IPF, and the AA is going to look absolutely first class and going to be the epicenter for one of the nicest athletics plants in the MWC.

Let the year of the Cowboy begin in earnest. We're going trophy hunting.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:08 pm
laxwyo wrote:
elfletcho wrote:

Is mickeys a restaurant or something? Or is the AA selling cheap malt liquor now...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
elfletcho wrote:

Is mickeys a restaurant or something? Or is the AA selling cheap malt liquor now...
I've been told a lounge setting for vending alcohol. Not sure if food is included.

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 am
laxwyo wrote:
elfletcho wrote:

I've been told a lounge setting for vending alcohol. Not sure if food is included.

Hmmm. Could be interesting. Thanks for the dirt.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:05 am

Is this CJC exclusive, or is it open to the public? I wonder how many concession areas will have alcohol available for the general public?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:05 am

Is this CJC exclusive, or is it open to the public? I wonder how many concession areas will have alcohol available for the general public?
I've heard just 1 general consesson area will have alcohol. That could definitely be wrong though.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

After the renovation at the AA there will be 4 concessions with beer/wine and the bar at the entrance.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

elfletcho wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:13 am After the renovation at the AA there will be 4 concessions with beer/wine and the bar at the entrance.
What is the significance of the name Mickeys? Someone donated and got naming rites or something more?
wyoair
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 am
elfletcho wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:13 am After the renovation at the AA there will be 4 concessions with beer/wine and the bar at the entrance.
What is the significance of the name Mickeys? Someone donated and got naming rites or something more?
I believe it's after Mick McMurry. His nickname was Mickey.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 am
I believe it's after Mick McMurry. His nickname was Mickey.
Ah gotcha. That would make a ton of sense.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

or is McDonalds getting the food for the concessions??? LOL, just kiddin