MWC Basketball = Sucky

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
rocketcitypoke
Buckaroo

Mountain west basketball just not what it was:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

You will see the lowest attendance ever at this MWC basketball tournament. Without UNM, Wyoming and SDSU being NCAA tournament type teams. In fact no one has a program that is NCAA tournament worthy. MWC rapidly moving toward the "other" one bid leagues.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

Definitely a down year, no doubt. When UNLV, UNM, and SDSU are not in contention, attendance will suffer. Wyoming truly is the wild card, as we usually travel well...but are having a down / poop year. That leaves the discussion with Nevada, Boise, and CSewe - who all 3 don't travel worth a poop to the MWC hoops tourney.

MWC is sure a lot more fun when we have a couple ranked teams, and everyone is capable of winning the tourney. Maybe it will return there, but don't count on it being next year. Maybe 2019.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

yeah for sure if we didn't get an auto bid we wouldn't have any in at all
CowBoyL
Buckaroo

I try to make it to the tourney every year, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. Although we're struggling, we're still a team noone wants in the early rounds with the 3. Any given day, if we shoot lights out, we'll win. Could actually be fun this year since the conference blows. It's not the team, it's the hotel prices that are keeping me away this year. There is a NASCAR rally and race, a massive construction convention, and all the tourneys. You literally will have to pay $300 plus a night in the poop hotels, plus resort fees. Hard Rock is $400/night, during the week! With a down year and the ridiculous prices, I fear it's going to be embarrassing for the MW. Anybody going?
.44caliberkiller
Blog Team

Yeah I'm going +3. I've never missed a Mountain West basketball tournament. But it is way more expensive this year for sure. We had to resort to staying way off strip.