Where'd everybody go?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

No Boise thread and maybe four posts related to it under another topic? I gotta admit, watching these guys is frustrating. They have the potential and manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory way too often. Maybe coach has a secret plan to sandbag right up to the conference tourney and then surprise everyone with a logical lineup and substitutions and sweep the tourney. And the guys will quit making stupid mistakes on purpose. Yeah, that's it. This whole season has been one big head fake and boy will everybody be surprised. I gotta go take my meds........
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

There's been an entire 3 or 4 people post on the basketball board since the Boise St game. I'd say folks have pretty well thrown in the towel.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:30 am Maybe coach has a secret plan to sandbag right up to the conference tourney and then surprise everyone with a logical lineup and substitutions and sweep the tourney.
Oh man! You gave away the secret! Traitor! Now all the other coaches will know and adjust! Now we don't have a chance.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Not much to talk about. It's like a glorified three-point shooting contest.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I have been more excited about the women's chances of winning the MWC and maybe pulling off a surprise in the NCAAT. But now with Liv Roberts tearing her ACL, there is no chance.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am Not much to talk about. It's like a glorified three-point shooting contest.
They sure don't score a lot of points inside the arc, it seems like. I've watched them three or four times this year.. when they're not shooting well it's tough to watch. College basketball is hard enough to watch as-is.
ImageImageImageImage
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am Not much to talk about. It's like a glorified three-point shooting contest.
They sure don't score a lot of points inside the arc, it seems like. I've watched them three or four times this year.. when they're not shooting well it's tough to watch. College basketball is hard enough to watch as-is.
Or outside the arc in about half the games
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Well this was a rough last week filled with harsh losses. All the eggs are in the MWC tourney basket and it seems unrealistic for them to be able to win more then 3 games in a row. I mean if they play perfect/extremely well this team can beat anyone in the MWC. Just don't see them getting their poop together for that. They could still win out the rest of the regular season. I really hope that happens it would be nice to go to the tourney with a good vibe. It would be nice to get 20 wins. The team just looks like they need another year.
Riding High!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I haven't been on here nearly as much, basically since the football season ended. A big reason for it is scheduling. I work weeknights so a lot of times I'm at work during the game and don't really have a lot of game footage to go off. And most Saturday games I'm either at my alma mater's games or watching them online.

I feel like I'm butting my head into a brick wall during any discussions I've attempted to have on here in the meantime, so eventually I just stopped coming around. I hope its just winter doldrums and my passion for Wyoming athletics is reignited come spring football and eventually fall camp.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:01 am I haven't been on here nearly as much, basically since the football season ended. A big reason for it is scheduling. I work weeknights so a lot of times I'm at work during the game and don't really have a lot of game footage to go off. And most Saturday games I'm either at my alma mater's games or watching them online.

I feel like I'm butting my head into a brick wall during any discussions I've attempted to have on here in the meantime, so eventually I just stopped coming around. I hope its just winter doldrums and my passion for Wyoming athletics is reignited come spring football and eventually fall camp.
Oh your fire will be ignited by football! This season is going to be fun.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'll try to go to the UNM game this Saturday, and yes it was a valliant try at a win in Boise but until we get over that proverbial hump, I think I'm done with this team until tourney then we'll see if I get recharged or not
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote:I'll try to go to the UNM game this Saturday, and yes it was a valliant try at a win in Boise but until we get over that proverbial hump, I think I'm done with this team until tourney then we'll see if I get recharged or not
At least they didn't completely melt down against Boise. Unfortunately not melting down is not winning and moral victories just don't matter anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

man what a depressed board anymore, geeesh, or did we expect too much again, like usual
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This has been the most frustrating season ever for me.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

For some reason, basketball just never caught my attention this year. Even before the season.

And football, aside from the Cowboys games, I never really followed any of the other teams.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I get it, I'm really only a Football and Mens BBall guy myself and only take interest in other sports if they are doing well, (hope to see Bryce Meredith do well again in wrestling), it's pretty much the norm.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am man what a depressed board anymore, geeesh, or did we expect too much again, like usual
For me, my expectations were as low as they have even been for basketball. And I don't mind a down year with a rebuild mentality. What I do mind is a team underperforming and showing more regression as the season wears on than I have seen progression. We continue to play out of position on Defense, we continue to lose all motivation and fire in the second half, we continually find ourselves gassed when our opponents aren't (at home this is unacceptable). There are plenty of things that are alarming that are not just on the players. Being prepared and in shape is a function of the coaching staff and I haven't been terribly impressed so far.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:00 pm
stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am man what a depressed board anymore, geeesh, or did we expect too much again, like usual
For me, my expectations were as low as they have even been for basketball. And I don't mind a down year with a rebuild mentality. What I do mind is a team underperforming and showing more regression as the season wears on than I have seen progression. We continue to play out of position on Defense, we continue to lose all motivation and fire in the second half, we continually find ourselves gassed when our opponents aren't (at home this is unacceptable). There are plenty of things that are alarming that are not just on the players. Being prepared and in shape is a function of the coaching staff and I haven't been terribly impressed so far.
can't disagree with any of this at all, 2 years and counting towards our 20 year cycle til the next MWC tourney championship...LOL, just kiddin
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm
can't disagree with any of this at all, 2 years and counting towards our 20 year cycle til the next MWC tourney championship...LOL, just kiddin
GOD PLEASE NO!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This apparent lack of conditioning is a piss poor advertisement for our High Altitude Training Center. One would think if training at altitude gives an athlete an advantage, then all of the Wyoming athletes should be in much better shape. If I am a prospective user for this facility, I might think twice after watching the men's basketball team in action.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.