Wyoming vs Eastern Washington CBI Wednesday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Dome of Doom that they are trying to dust off and use the moniker is truly a sad joke anymore, but those fireballs during player intros are good, how much does that cost us a game. Dome of Doom, haaaaaaaa...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 pm
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:08 pm
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm
jessejames02 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.
Hate to say it, but this thing keeps popping up and I don't have sympathy for it. If I pay a premium for nice seats those are my seats whether or not I show up before the game, with 10 minutes left in the game or not at all. Plus, don't the Broncos have a waiting list a mile long for those tickets?
And that is why our homecourt advantage is gone.....
Haha right. Theres a line around the block every game with fans clamoring to get in to see this team but the damn season ticket holders have a strangle hold on the good seats but stay home. If not for them it would be a sellout every single game....

Gimme a break. If this team was half good the arena would fill accordingly but they're not right now. Thats the reason you see empty yellow seats not evil season ticket holders who are in cahoots with Burman to thumb their nose at this board.
Not making any claims about this team or last years team or the year before. The remodel and seat reallocation has ruined the atmosphere because of this attitude. Why allow seats to sit empty regardless of the team's performance?
But thats not what you alluded to in your earlier comment. I can agree to some extent that the remodel was great in some areas and weird in others. I can also agree that it is borderline asinine how the staff treats ticket holders and prevents people from sitting in unused seats. But I cannot agree with you that season ticket holders staying home is the reason we don't have a home court advantage anymore. The team on the court and the coaches on the bench are why we don't have an advantage. It is effort and hustle and skill and decision making. All of which have been in a sharp decline since Nance and Co. graduated.
That was my entire comment. Not sure how that implies anything about the team.

There are a number of seats that will never be filled for every game no matter how many games we win. We have boosters that contribute large money but live far away and they had their choice of seats. Those seats sit empty and will almost always be empty for Tuesday/Wednesday games. That is where we have lost homecourt advantage.
Having a number of empty seats is what dictates a home court advantage? If the cowboys were winning, the AA would be rocking and attendance would be rising. Will we ever see the days again where the aisles were standing room only and the entire bowl was overflowing? Probably not. But theres more going on big picture than just the renovation and Burman's Henchmen staying home. The economic environment is different today. The scheduling is different. The ability to watch at home is different. The demographics of fans have changed as well. You can just say the rich corporate fans are ruining our crowds but I don't think it is taking into account all of the actual variables at work. There is so much more going on than just a few crusty old guys not showing for weeknight games.

Remember the old Big Monday games? I would venture to guess that the same fans were bitching about late nights and a "lack" fans from Cheyenne yet there was always a stream of cars heading back east.... It is always a great excuse to blame out of town fans for sad attendance instead of the those responsible for putting butts in the seats.... THE TEAM
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Won't make it over tonight for the game but if they make it farther in the tournament I will definitely be over there to support the team. Hopefully we can make a run in the tournament like Nevada did last year. It will be a good experience for the team to get some more games in and bounce back from the AF game.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 am
Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.
Hate to say it, but this thing keeps popping up and I don't have sympathy for it. If I pay a premium for nice seats those are my seats whether or not I show up before the game, with 10 minutes left in the game or not at all. Plus, don't the Broncos have a waiting list a mile long for those tickets?
Haha right. Theres a line around the block every game with fans clamoring to get in to see this team but the damn season ticket holders have a strangle hold on the good seats but stay home. If not for them it would be a sellout every single game....

Gimme a break. If this team was half good the arena would fill accordingly but they're not right now. Thats the reason you see empty yellow seats not evil season ticket holders who are in cahoots with Burman to thumb their nose at this board.
Not making any claims about this team or last years team or the year before. The remodel and seat reallocation has ruined the atmosphere because of this attitude. Why allow seats to sit empty regardless of the team's performance?
But thats not what you alluded to in your earlier comment. I can agree to some extent that the remodel was great in some areas and weird in others. I can also agree that it is borderline asinine how the staff treats ticket holders and prevents people from sitting in unused seats. But I cannot agree with you that season ticket holders staying home is the reason we don't have a home court advantage anymore. The team on the court and the coaches on the bench are why we don't have an advantage. It is effort and hustle and skill and decision making. All of which have been in a sharp decline since Nance and Co. graduated.

There are a number of seats that will never be filled for every game no matter how many games we win. We have boosters that contribute large money but live far away and they had their choice of seats. Those seats sit empty and will almost always be empty for Tuesday/Wednesday games. That is where we have lost homecourt advantage.
Having a number of empty seats is what dictates a home court advantage? If the cowboys were winning, the AA would be rocking and attendance would be rising. Will we ever see the days again where the aisles were standing room only and the entire bowl was overflowing? Probably not. But theres more going on big picture than just the renovation and Burman's Henchmen staying home. The economic environment is different today. The scheduling is different. The ability to watch at home is different. The demographics of fans have changed as well. You can just say the rich corporate fans are ruining our crowds but I don't think it is taking into account all of the actual variables at work. There is so much more going on than just a few crusty old guys not showing for weeknight games.

Remember the old Big Monday games? I would venture to guess that the same fans were bitching about late nights and a "lack" fans from Cheyenne yet there was always a stream of cars heading back east.... It is always a great excuse to blame out of town fans for sad attendance instead of the those responsible for putting butts in the seats.... THE TEAM
Nobody is blaming out of town fans. The reality is that the re-seating allowed bigger donors to leapfrog seat selection over the loyal ticket holder who attended every game. It was all based on priority points without taking into account actual attendance and usage of the seats.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 am

Nobody is blaming out of town fans. The reality is that the re-seating allowed bigger donors to leapfrog seat selection over the loyal ticket holder who attended every game. It was all based on priority points without taking into account actual attendance and usage of the seats.
He actually blamed out of town fans as the exact reason.... I guess, if all we care about is the feelings of a few fickle fans on Wyonation and how the arena looks on TV (ignoring the awful play on the court), Burman should tell these large donors, the Maury Browns, the McMurry's that he doesnt want their money because we need to allow the "LOYAL" blue collar fans the opportunity to pay far less than them yet get the best tickets. I don't know how you keep an influx of donor money (helping to keep the program moving forward) and also keep butts in the seats without a decent product on the court. I don't think the corporate owners missing games is whats killing our attendance. It is poop play.

EDIT: And DUH! The biggest donors should get the biggest priority. Why would donors continue to donate if they get treated the same as the common fan? It pays to pay.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

My :twocents: on the tangent discussion...

I really wish they would've built the VIP luxury box arena that was originally drawn up in the initial AA renovation plan. That way the highest donors could still have an area to be whenever they are able to make it to Laramie while more everyday fans would have the opportunity to sit in the seats and fill up the lower bowl to make a better basketball environment.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 am

He actually blamed out of town fans as the exact reason.... I guess, if all we care about is the feelings of a few fickle fans on Wyonation and how the arena looks on TV (ignoring the awful play on the court), Burman should tell these large donors, the Maury Browns, the McMurry's that he doesnt want their money because we need to allow the "LOYAL" blue collar fans the opportunity to pay far less than them yet get the best tickets. I don't know how you keep an influx of donor money (helping to keep the program moving forward) and also keep butts in the seats without a decent product on the court. I don't think the corporate owners missing games is whats killing our attendance. It is poop play.

EDIT: And DUH! The biggest donors should get the biggest priority. Why would donors continue to donate if they get treated the same as the common fan? It pays to pay.
And why would the loyal season ticket holder that had the same seats in the AA since 1984 give a poop after getting moved up many rows from the court? The blame is on the athletic department for not striking a balance in the seat re-allocation instead of just going to the priority point system, which is predominantly based upon donations. You are stupid if anyone doesn't think Maury and the McMurrys deserve more as their giving has carried us.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 am My :twocents: on the tangent discussion...

I really wish they would've built the VIP luxury box arena that was originally drawn up in the initial AA renovation plan. That way the highest donors could still have an area to be whenever they are able to make it to Laramie while more everyday fans would have the opportunity to sit in the seats and fill up the lower bowl to make a better basketball environment.
I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe they could incorporate a club level section with waitresses as encouragement to move up from the bottom 10 rows or so.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 am
jessejames02 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm [quote=Adv8RU12 post_id=203019 time=1489509529 user_id=120]
Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.

And why would the loyal season ticket holder that had the same seats in the AA since 1984 give a poop after getting moved up many rows from the court? The blame is on the athletic department for not striking a balance in the seat re-allocation instead of just going to the priority point system, which is predominantly based upon donations. You are stupid if anyone doesn't think Maury and the McMurrys deserve more as their giving has carried us.
[/quote]

No long term season ticket holders were forcefully moved to different sections. You chose to move your seats or pay more for the similar sight line. If thats your beef, say that. It was poop to force season ticket holders to change their price structure or lose their "similar sight line". I was in the same boat. We had seats for well over a decade and had to change but we actually loved the new seats. We love the new arena with all of its oddities and strange decisions it is still one of the nicer I have been in.

You're only viewing this from the lens of how the change affected YOU. Imagine how you would feel if you had $1,000,000 to donate to the program you loved, the program you have followed since 1984 only to be told your money isnt as important to them as a $1,000 donation from a fan since 1983.... YOU WOULD BE PISSED! You're trying to donate $1,000,000 and they value $1,000 because they have more time as fans than you! IT doesn't make sense. Those with the deepest pockets will always receive first priority. And in many cases, Brown and McMurry included, they've been fans of the program far longer than me and most on here and have helped in ways (not financially) that cannot be measured and deserve more credit and priority than you, me, or anyone else who donates once a year with their tickets.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:20 am
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm [quote=jessejames02 post_id=203030 time=1489520951 user_id=1684]
[quote=Adv8RU12 post_id=203019 time=1489509529 user_id=120]
Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.

[/quote]

No long term season ticket holders were forcefully moved to different sections. You chose to move your seats or pay more for the similar sight line. If thats your beef, say that. It was poop to force season ticket holders to change their price structure or lose their "similar sight line". I was in the same boat. We had seats for well over a decade and had to change but we actually loved the new seats. We love the new arena with all of its oddities and strange decisions it is still one of the nicer I have been in.

You're only viewing this from the lens of how the change affected YOU. Imagine how you would feel if you had $1,000,000 to donate to the program you loved, the program you have followed since 1984 only to be told your money isnt as important to them as a $1,000 donation from a fan since 1983.... YOU WOULD BE PISSED! You're trying to donate $1,000,000 and they value $1,000 because they have more time as fans than you! IT doesn't make sense. Those with the deepest pockets will always receive first priority. And in many cases, Brown and McMurry included, they've been fans of the program far longer than me and most on here and have helped in ways (not financially) that cannot be measured and deserve more credit and priority than you, me, or anyone else who donates once a year with their tickets.
[/quote]
FYI- the seat reallocation didn't affect me one iota. I am in the same row as I always have been. If anything, my seats are better. I am not looking at this as to how it affected ME. I do, however, know many loyal and ardent fans that were affected by the process. No doubt the deepest pockets come first, and that proves my point. That is why we have lost any semblance of a homecourt advantage as the lower bowl sucks, not rowdy and raucous at any point since the remodel of the AA.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:08 pm [quote="Wyolie Coyote" post_id=203033 time=1489528203 user_id=247]
[quote=jessejames02 post_id=203030 time=1489520951 user_id=1684]

[/quote]

[/quote]
FYI- the seat reallocation didn't affect me one iota. I am in the same row as I always have been. If anything, my seats are better. I am not looking at this as to how it affected ME. I do, however, no many loyal and ardent fans that were affected by the process. No doubt the deepest pockets come first, and that proves my point. That is why we have lost any semblance of a homecourt advantage as the lower bowl sucks, not rowdy and raucous at any point since the remodel of the AA.
[/quote]

You think Duke allows the fans with the shallows pockets to get first pick of the best seats in the arena!?!? Hell no. They go to those with the deepest pockets. The difference is Duke hires coaches who play the best players the most minutes and who are committed to winning at all costs. The difference is Duke invests in their facilities and when they do their fans, even those who may not like the changes, still show up and root because the team on the floor consistently wins games. They have a legitimate home court advantage because they play advantageous basketball. We play wild YMCA street ball with a coaching staff that doesnt seem to know how to coach or prepare the squad and consistently find ourselves at a disadvantage (AT ALTITUDE no less). That is why we have lost the home court advantage. It has nothing to do with anything in the stands or at the concessions or in the new entry atrium. You want asses in seats, start winning basketball games.

EDIT: Just for the purpose of strengthening my point:
2015 UW Football Average Attendance - 18,060
2016 UW Football Average Attendance - 21,265

You win, the fans will show up. That is a 17.75% bump over the course of 1 season. ITs not coincidence that it is also our first winning season in years....
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

[/quote]
FYI- the seat reallocation didn't affect me one iota. I am in the same row as I always have been. If anything, my seats are better. I am not looking at this as to how it affected ME. I do, however, no many loyal and ardent fans that were affected by the process. No doubt the deepest pockets come first, and that proves my point. That is why we have lost any semblance of a homecourt advantage as the lower bowl sucks, not rowdy and raucous at any point since the remodel of the AA.
[/quote]

You think Duke allows the fans with the shallows pockets to get first pick of the best seats in the arena!?!? Hell no. They go to those with the deepest pockets. The difference is Duke hires coaches who play the best players the most minutes and who are committed to winning at all costs. The difference is Duke invests in their facilities and when they do their fans, even those who may not like the changes, still show up and root because the team on the floor consistently wins games. They have a legitimate home court advantage because they play advantageous basketball. We play wild YMCA street ball with a coaching staff that doesnt seem to know how to coach or prepare the squad and consistently find ourselves at a disadvantage (AT ALTITUDE no less). That is why we have lost the home court advantage. It has nothing to do with anything in the stands or at the concessions or in the new entry atrium. You want asses in seats, start winning basketball games.

You win, the fans will show up. That is a 17.75% bump over the course of 1 season. ITs not coincidence that it is also our first winning season in years....
[/quote]
Funny. Duke has the students at courtside. They have created the atmosphere and a homecourt advantage by not giving those seats to the highest bidder. Whatever, this is a pointless discussion.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
WYO1016 wrote: You guys
Have got to learn
to cut down
on the massive
number of
quotes you're
including in
a post.
Seriously, this is
getting out
of control!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am
[/quote]

[/quote]
Funny. Duke has the students at courtside. They have created the atmosphere and a homecourt advantage by not giving those seats to the highest bidder. Whatever, this is a pointless discussion.
[/quote]

Kinda like our student section Is at floor level...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Interesting note since someone brought up Duke. At Duke, with student tickets, if you haven't been scanned in by the opening tipoff, your ticket is void.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:11 pm
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kinda like our student section Is at floor level...
[/quote]
Huge difference. Have you watched a Duke game? They aren't relegated to a 60 foot section holding 200 kids behind a backboard. Good grief.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Haha I have watched a Duke game or two. Again, I am not denying there are a number of "oddities" to our new arena layout but they are doing nothing to impact the environment worse than the piss poor performance on the court the last decade (1 MWC tournament excluded).
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm [quote=jessejames02 post_id=203030 time=1489520951 user_id=1684]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually, yes I was, despite being a very solid four digit donor and holding the seats since the AA opened. I was NEVER given the option of keeping my seats or remaining in the same section.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:09 am
stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 pm over under at the game 2000?????
under :cry:
http://www.gazellegroup.com/main/cbi/wp ... U-Box2.pdf
Attendance: 1803
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'