Wyoming vs Eastern Washington CBI Wednesday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

And the season continues. I for one, think Coach E and the players will step up, show up and be competitive. We just need the town of Laramie to get to the AA and fill it up.

Go Pokes! Never Quit - Haters will always Hate, put your rally caps on and win the CBI.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

EWU ranks 188th in the KenPom standings. Of course that does not mean much since Air Force is 224th

but on paper, we should win this game by 7-10 points

hopefully the team has their heads in it

would love to see James start this one and build some momentum for next year!
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Justin James is the Grayson Allen of Wyoming, so Coach E has played him well in my opinion. We need to play to WIN and need to play for NEXT YEAR.

I would kindly and respectfully ask this FORUM to put aside all the Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy thoughts and just ALL pull for the POKES. We want them to win, despite the coaches or players opinions. I saw a post about wearing the traditional Brown jerseys' earlier, would love that, get rid of the yellow.

We are all pissed off and disappointed in the 2016-17 season, but if and I do mean IF, they can pull off a CBI championship, we would all be proud.

Go Pokes!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Pass. I'm going to concentrate on the tournaments that actually, you know, matter. I'm sure all 100 people that go to the game will have a good time though.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Nevada won the CBI Championship last year.

Eastern Washington has a very good player, Jake Wiley. Started at Montana, transferred to EWU.. might've been the Big Sky MVP.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

davidwyo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:35 pm Justin James is the Grayson Allen of Wyoming, so Coach E has played him well in my opinion. We need to play to WIN and need to play for NEXT YEAR.

I would kindly and respectfully ask this FORUM to put aside all the Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy thoughts and just ALL pull for the POKES. We want them to win, despite the coaches or players opinions. I saw a post about wearing the traditional Brown jerseys' earlier, would love that, get rid of the yellow.

We are all pissed off and disappointed in the 2016-17 season, but if and I do mean IF, they can pull off a CBI championship, we would all be proud.

Go Pokes!
what the hell is that supposed to mean? JJ hasn't tripped anyone or done anything on the court ever to embarrass himself.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Oh great another lethargic and embarrassing loss incoming. Atleast no one will be there to see it. Hard to get excited about this one.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 am
davidwyo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:35 pm Justin James is the Grayson Allen of Wyoming, so Coach E has played him well in my opinion. We need to play to WIN and need to play for NEXT YEAR.

Go Pokes!
what the hell is that supposed to mean? JJ hasn't tripped anyone or done anything on the court ever to embarrass himself.
Totally agree...Grayson Allen is a spoiled punk assed bitch. Horrible comparison, and it discredits the entire post.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

davidwyo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm We just need the town of Laramie to get to the AA and fill it up.
Laramie probably won't do much - the whole town is on Spring Break, including UW and all the local schools. From my past experience there, Laramie is a ghost town during Spring Break.

That said, if the pokes can hang tough (for the 3rd round or whatever), everyone should be back by then, and at that point UW can count on Laramie filling seats - well, kind of.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

This will be a waste of money unless UW gets some really bad teams in a row that allow UW to make the championship game.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

davidwyo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm And the season continues. I for one, think Coach E and the players will step up, show up and be competitive. We just need the town of Laramie to get to the AA and fill it up.

Go Pokes! Never Quit - Haters will always Hate, put your rally caps on and win the CBI.
Fill up the AA? That actually made me chuckle.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I say the AD starts the beer and wine sales early and rolls it out for these CBI games. Otherwise there won't be 2k in attendance...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

UIC (also in CBI) is coached by none other than Steve McClain. If we met in the championship that would generate some interest for me, otherwise we have seen this CBI tape before and it isn't pretty or entertaining.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I expect poor enough attendance that I'm highly considering not grabbing my normal season ticket seats, and waiting to get something better.
God is a Cowboy
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 am ...beer and wine sales...
Sales? It would have to be FREE for anybody to show up. And if they get behind 25-zip again, they would have to PAY anyone to stay and drink it.
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Mcpeachy and Landerpoke,

Look at what Grayson Allen did to North Carolina, he killed it and he didn't trip anyone. He came off the bench like Justin James and played a phenomenal game. That was my comparison, not the tripping by Grayson Allen. Coach K probably the 2nd best college coach of all time has this player coming off the bench like Coach E does with JJ. That was my comparison, it had nothing to do with Allen tripping players and I wasn't comparing sportsmanship at all.

By the way SDPokeFan, we will have at least 200 people in attendance on Wednesday, LOL, double what you predicted. If we don't, I'll buy the pizza and beer for the entire wyonation forum, my treat.

Come on guys, deep down you want the Pokes to win the CBI, but your all afraid the Pokes will let us down. But we gotta believe, they won't choke. Coach E knows he needs to have his guys show up and play like they did against USC and my money says he will.

NEVER QUIT, POKES
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

davidwyo wrote:Mcpeachy and Landerpoke,

Look at what Grayson Allen did to North Carolina, he killed it and he didn't trip anyone. He came off the bench like Justin James and played a phenomenal game. That was my comparison, not the tripping by Grayson Allen. Coach K probably the 2nd best college coach of all time has this player coming off the bench like Coach E does with JJ. That was my comparison, it had nothing to do with Allen tripping players and I wasn't comparing sportsmanship at all.

By the way SDPokeFan, we will have at least 200 people in attendance on Wednesday, LOL, double what you predicted. If we don't, I'll buy the pizza and beer for the entire wyonation forum, my treat.

Come on guys, deep down you want the Pokes to win the CBI, but your all afraid the Pokes will let us down. But we gotta believe, they won't choke. Coach E knows he needs to have his guys show up and play like they did against USC and my money says he will.

NEVER QUIT, POKES
Wow, the cool-aid is tasting super to at least 1 poster, David. Burman dropping the $50k on this squad is a waste of money.

We will not win this tournament. I don't know what Edwards is trying to accomplish with this team, and will be surprised if this team has the nads to stick together, even if the recruits do come.

Apathy had set in, and this coaching staff is proven to me good enough to work at a class C level team here in Michigan. Edwards has another year, and thats it. This is a tough business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Looks like hardly anyone bought their season tickets... Plenty available this morning.
God is a Cowboy
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

nirv117 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm I expect poor enough attendance that I'm highly considering not grabbing my normal season ticket seats, and waiting to get something better.
I did the same. It was a good move. Row 1, center court. Its going to be a small crowd tomorrow. :thumbdown:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

will listen to it on the radio but won't make the trek, sorry Pokes I've had enough this year