Wyoming vs Eastern Washington CBI Wednesday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

tbcpoke wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 am
nirv117 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm I expect poor enough attendance that I'm highly considering not grabbing my normal season ticket seats, and waiting to get something better.
I did the same. It was a good move. Row 1, center court. Its going to be a small crowd tomorrow. :thumbdown:
hope the usher Nazi will relax their policy Wednesday, lol
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am
nirv117 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm I expect poor enough attendance that I'm highly considering not grabbing my normal season ticket seats, and waiting to get something better.
I did the same. It was a good move. Row 1, center court. Its going to be a small crowd tomorrow. :thumbdown:
hope the usher Nazi will relax their policy Wednesday, lol
There should be no need. The tickets available are right on the floor. They are all the same cost so there should not be any reason not to have good seats.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I was concerned about the tables getting in the way on row 1, so I went with row 5 center court section E.
God is a Cowboy
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

nirv117 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 am
I was concerned about the tables getting in the way on row 1, so I went with row 5 center court section E.
Did not think of the table. Oh well. I will just move back if they are. There will be enough open seats to do so.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.
Hate to say it, but this thing keeps popping up and I don't have sympathy for it. If I pay a premium for nice seats those are my seats whether or not I show up before the game, with 10 minutes left in the game or not at all. Plus, don't the Broncos have a waiting list a mile long for those tickets?
52-56
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

over under at the game 2000?????
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

jessejames02 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:49 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am Speaking of season tickets, I see the Denver Broncos are considering denying season ticket holders the right to renew if they don't show up for the games - this includes selling the tickets to someone - so it's not empty seats they are worried about. So what if the Poke AD sets a rule: You don't show up to sit in your season ticket seat within, say, 10 minutes of the start, anybody can take your seat. That will fill up the courtside seats pretty fast.
Hate to say it, but this thing keeps popping up and I don't have sympathy for it. If I pay a premium for nice seats those are my seats whether or not I show up before the game, with 10 minutes left in the game or not at all. Plus, don't the Broncos have a waiting list a mile long for those tickets?
And that is why our homecourt advantage is gone.....
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm
Haha right. Theres a line around the block every game with fans clamoring to get in to see this team but the damn season ticket holders have a strangle hold on the good seats but stay home. If not for them it would be a sellout every single game....

Gimme a break. If this team was half good the arena would fill accordingly but they're not right now. Thats the reason you see empty yellow seats not evil season ticket holders who are in cahoots with Burman to thumb their nose at this board.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:08 pm
Haha right. Theres a line around the block every game with fans clamoring to get in to see this team but the damn season ticket holders have a strangle hold on the good seats but stay home. If not for them it would be a sellout every single game....

Gimme a break. If this team was half good the arena would fill accordingly but they're not right now. Thats the reason you see empty yellow seats not evil season ticket holders who are in cahoots with Burman to thumb their nose at this board.
Not making any claims about this team or last years team or the year before. The remodel and seat reallocation has ruined the atmosphere because of this attitude. Why allow seats to sit empty regardless of the team's performance?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Not making any claims about this team or last years team or the year before. The remodel and seat reallocation has ruined the atmosphere because of this attitude. Why allow seats to sit empty regardless of the team's performance?
But thats not what you alluded to in your earlier comment. I can agree to some extent that the remodel was great in some areas and weird in others. I can also agree that it is borderline asinine how the staff treats ticket holders and prevents people from sitting in unused seats. But I cannot agree with you that season ticket holders staying home is the reason we don't have a home court advantage anymore. The team on the court and the coaches on the bench are why we don't have an advantage. It is effort and hustle and skill and decision making. All of which have been in a sharp decline since Nance and Co. graduated.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I don't thinks it's Jim and Jane that bought season tickets that's not showing up for games. I'd imagine most people that drop working money on tickets will try and show up to as many as possible. It's the businesses and such that buy a chunk of tickets and can't get anyone to take the tickets to a mediocre game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 pm over under at the game 2000?????
under :cry:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 pm I don't thinks it's Jim and Jane that bought season tickets that's not showing up for games. I'd imagine most people that drop working money on tickets will try and show up to as many as possible. It's the businesses and such that buy a chunk of tickets and can't get anyone to take the tickets to a mediocre game.

So you agree that the product on the court is the driving factor in why we can't get large crowds?
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 pm
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

But thats not what you alluded to in your earlier comment. I can agree to some extent that the remodel was great in some areas and weird in others. I can also agree that it is borderline asinine how the staff treats ticket holders and prevents people from sitting in unused seats. But I cannot agree with you that season ticket holders staying home is the reason we don't have a home court advantage anymore. The team on the court and the coaches on the bench are why we don't have an advantage. It is effort and hustle and skill and decision making. All of which have been in a sharp decline since Nance and Co. graduated.
That was my entire comment. Not sure how that implies anything about the team.

There are a number of seats that will never be filled for every game no matter how many games we win. We have boosters that contribute large money but live far away and they had their choice of seats. Those seats sit empty and will almost always be empty for Tuesday/Wednesday games. That is where we have lost homecourt advantage.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

anybody going tonight
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 pm I don't thinks it's Jim and Jane that bought season tickets that's not showing up for games. I'd imagine most people that drop working money on tickets will try and show up to as many as possible. It's the businesses and such that buy a chunk of tickets and can't get anyone to take the tickets to a mediocre game.

That is much of the issue. Corporate seats that go unused because the company is from Cody, Jackson, Evanston, Sheridan, etc....
wrxman
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:will listen to it on the radio but won't make the trek, sorry Pokes I've had enough this year
Same here...check please!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 am anybody going tonight
yes
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I agree with both about the seats going unused. If we won a lot more would have butts in them, but a certain number of them will never get used. We could have the #1 draft pick and go undefeated and some of those prime seats would go unused. It's a shame, really