NCAA wrestling thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 229 times

MrTitleist wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm Can't believe Penn State went 5-0 in the finals.. and upset some former champions along the way. I don't know what Sanderson is feeding those boys, but god damn. Gabe Dean going down was the biggest shocker. Or Oklahoma State only having one guy in the finals.
What is more scary...all 5 of those guys will be back next year (and only one will be a senior next year). Add Suriano to the mix, I wouldn't be shocked to see 6-7 champions from Penn State next year. Literally the Penn State wrestling team would theoretically be favored in a dual against all other teams combined.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Watching Kyle Snyder is awesome.. that guy is really good. He's accomplished more before he could drink than most people in the world.
ImageImageImageImage
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am
MrTitleist wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm Can't believe Penn State went 5-0 in the finals.. and upset some former champions along the way. I don't know what Sanderson is feeding those boys, but god damn. Gabe Dean going down was the biggest shocker. Or Oklahoma State only having one guy in the finals.
What is more scary...all 5 of those guys will be back next year (and only one will be a senior next year). Add Suriano to the mix, I wouldn't be shocked to see 6-7 champions from Penn State next year. Literally the Penn State wrestling team would theoretically be favored in a dual against all other teams combined.
Penn St will have a shot next year to beat Iowa's most team points record they set in 1997 which was Dan Gable's last year of coaching
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm
Penn St will have a shot next year to beat Iowa's most team points record they set in 1997 which was Dan Gable's last year of coaching
Aren't there 3 teams tied for that mark? 97 Iowa, 05 Oklahoma State and a second Iowa Gable team?
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

wyokoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 am
Aren't there 3 teams tied for that mark? 97 Iowa, 05 Oklahoma State and a second Iowa Gable team?
97 Iowa stands alone at 170 pts.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/wrestling/d1

Also cool to see that the championships have been hosted at the fieldhouse twice!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

303cowboy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm
wyokoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 am
97 Iowa stands alone at 170 pts.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/wrestling/d1

Also cool to see that the championships have been hosted at the fieldhouse twice!
I hadn't realized that, very cool. Sadly that will never happen again.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:18 pm I hadn't realized that, very cool. Sadly that will never happen again.
I wouldn't say it's a sad thing... I guess it's a positive that college wrestling has exploded as much as it has. We still get premier programs to wrestle us at home, especially with us being in the Big 12 now