Pokes vs. Eastern Wash. GAME THREAD

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 pm
SLCPoke wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 pm Looks like game against UMKC is Monday night. I would think it would be a home game but who knows.

If the tourney followed the strict bracket yes that would be our next opponent. I do believe the CBI resets the bracket after the first round. My bet is that we are playing UVU if they do.
Brackets reset before the semifinals. We play UMKC at home next.
Okay good to know .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 pm
SLCPoke wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:01 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 pm Looks like game against UMKC is Monday night. I would think it would be a home game but who knows.

If the tourney followed the strict bracket yes that would be our next opponent. I do believe the CBI resets the bracket after the first round. My bet is that we are playing UVU if they do.
Brackets reset before the semifinals. We play UMKC at home next.

Ah good to know. I was secretly hoping for the Pokes to travel to Orem....
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wasn't able to watch or listen but looks like a good win. Like seeing that James started and so did Moemeka! Love that. Anyone who went, how did that starting lineup work/look?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

johnywyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm Found our stroke, good effort by Coach and squad. Not a lot of empty possessions and enough boards to get this game. Wonder if we had 3500 in stands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Official attendance was 1,800.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote:
johnywyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm Found our stroke, good effort by Coach and squad. Not a lot of empty possessions and enough boards to get this game. Wonder if we had 3500 in stands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Official attendance was 1,800.
Sad but completely expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wrxman
Buckaroo

Next game is Monday night. Probably try and make that one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

We played pretty well. This was the best our team has looked in months, actually. Coach Edwards coached like his job depended on a win tonight.

When Adams plays with James we are literally unstoppable. I bet when Adams was on the court with James we were +25. It's not rocket science. PLay your best three players a bunch and you'll probably win. Combine that with Lieberman (easily the most worthless offensive player I've ever seen) JMac (bless his sub replacement-level Wyoming ass) and Gorski (easily the most worthless defensive player I've ever seen) getting not huge minutes and this team can play with anyone. Oh how I wish Lieberman and Gorski were graduating this spring!
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

pretty much everything LanderPoke said above is spot on

James/Adams in the game together = seriously dangerous offense. We had so many great looks from three just because EWU had to respect their ability to drive

McManamen and Lieberman playing limited minutes really helped us out

great performance by the team and coaches tonight
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I feel like Lieberman is a great defensive asset that we need and I'd like to see him play more but I'm happy with the outcome.

'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:00 pm I feel like Lieberman is a great defensive asset that we need and I'd like to see him play more but I'm happy with the outcome.

I like to see wins. Not Lieberman.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

EWU looked like grown men while our guys looked like high school kids who have never seen a weight room. Fortunately for UW, EWU was nowhere near as skilled and UW showed up to match EWU's physicality. I wouldn't mind hiring their S&C coach and getting rid of the joke known as Rob Watsabaugh.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

1800, shoulda played that at the UniWyo save on electricity, maybe we can 3800 on Monday?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

DVDA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 am EWU looked like grown men while our guys looked like high school kids who have never seen a weight room. Fortunately for UW, EWU was nowhere near as skilled and UW showed up to match EWU's physicality. I wouldn't mind hiring their S&C coach and getting rid of the joke known as Rob Watsabaugh.
That Ukrainian was unbelievable! 6'6'' 230 and could handle the rock, shoot and post up? I wish we had him on our team. He abused whoever tried to guard him. Dalton couldn't stay in front and anyone else just got brushed aside in the post like a father dismissing a child.