Wyoming vs UKMC Game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

ok, we won that first CBI game and now we have another home game against UKMC. UKMC is not as good as Eastern Washington and we should, beat them by at least 10 points. Not looking past UKMC, just saying they don't have the players or depth to hang with Wyoming, assuming Wyoming doesn't lay an egg like AF. Go Pokes, Lets win the CBI.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

neither did AF....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Question.. Is it 50k to host each game? Or just 50k to be in the tourney?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

If anyone was wondering, we never played Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) before.

Also, we're 6-0 lifetime against Eastern Washington now.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote:Question.. Is it 50k to host each game? Or just 50k to be in the tourney?
50k per hosted game from what I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

From what I've read, its $50K per home game, semi-final game is $75K.

For the record, "Coach Smart's first year everyone was very upset that they played in the CBI. Shaka looked at it as a way for the team to come together for the following season. VCU ended up playing SLU in the CBI finals and winning. Both VCU and SLU benefited greatly because VCU went to the Final Four the following year"

Historically good programs have played in the CBI, including, Virginia, Washington, Utah, Stanford, VCU, Oregon State, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Texas and Texas A&M, Purdue and Penn State. Nevada won it last year and look where they are today. I think this is money well spent by Wyoming and I still believe they can win it ALL if they play with tenacity and stay grounded.

Go Pokes! Lets hang a CBI Championship Banner in the AA.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

$40k per game for first two games.

Semi-finals and best of 3 series have no cost, but all ticket sales go to the CBI while schools keep parking and concessions.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

davidwyo wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 am From what I've read, its $50K per home game, semi-final game is $75K.

For the record, "Coach Smart's first year everyone was very upset that they played in the CBI. Shaka looked at it as a way for the team to come together for the following season. VCU ended up playing SLU in the CBI finals and winning. Both VCU and SLU benefited greatly because VCU went to the Final Four the following year"

Historically good programs have played in the CBI, including, Virginia, Washington, Utah, Stanford, VCU, Oregon State, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Texas and Texas A&M, Purdue and Penn State. Nevada won it last year and look where they are today. I think this is money well spent by Wyoming and I still believe they can win it ALL if they play with tenacity and stay grounded.

I admire your enthusiasm, but I have to believe you're trolling with that last sentence. Hanging a CBI championship banner would seriously be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. "We're number 101!"
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I had an ex that went to UMKC.

Destroy them, Pokes. :nutkick:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Doesn't look like we'll make much, maybe even lose some. But for me it's already been worth it. We were joking that Edwards would have a mini epiphany when it comes to strategy and playing time...well he sort of did. Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old ways next game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

might go this time!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 104 times

UMKC has the second best mascot in all of sports (behind our own Cowboys, of course). Looking forward to playing the Roos!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:49 am UMKC has the second best mascot in all of sports (behind our own Cowboys, of course). Looking forward to playing the Roos!
I agree!

Knowing nothing about the university, I bought a Kangaroos hoodie the last time that I was in KC. I wear it all the time.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

davidwyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 pm ok, we won that first CBI game and now we have another home game against UKMC. UKMC is not as good as Eastern Washington and we should, beat them by at least 10 points. Not looking past UKMC, just saying they don't have the players or depth to hang with Wyoming, assuming Wyoming doesn't lay an egg like AF. Go Pokes, Lets win the CBI.
As an FYI, it is UMKC...University of Missouri - Kansas City
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

maybe concessions should have a KC BBQ night, slaughter the Roos' lol
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 am
davidwyo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 pm ok, we won that first CBI game and now we have another home game against UKMC. UKMC is not as good as Eastern Washington and we should, beat them by at least 10 points. Not looking past UKMC, just saying they don't have the players or depth to hang with Wyoming, assuming Wyoming doesn't lay an egg like AF. Go Pokes, Lets win the CBI.
As an FYI, it is UMKC...University of Missouri - Kansas City
Wanted to say the same thing last night but I didn't want to sound like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory...aka be a big pain-in-the-ass!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 am
davidwyo wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 am From what I've read, its $50K per home game, semi-final game is $75K.

I admire your enthusiasm, but I have to believe you're trolling with that last sentence. Hanging a CBI championship banner would seriously be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. "We're number 101!"
And yet, you're the guy whose just fine with dropping to FCS...

:roll:

VCU, Oregon, Oregon State, Nevada, and Pitt all have CBI Chamionship banners hanging in their arenas...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

VCU, Oregon, Oregon State, Nevada, and Pitt all have CBI Chamionship banners hanging in their arenas...

THIS ^^^^
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

OK, why stop there? Hang banners for regular season wins! Hang banners when you finish over .500! Hang banners for preseason wins! In big block letters! DEFEATED NEW MEXICO HIGHLANDS - 2014. I gotta say, I'm disappointed in you. You don't come across as the "everyone gets a trophy" type.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I hope we win period! Let's hang a banner. It's a start for this young team. This team needs a winning culture. I thought that the Vegas tourney was going to be a big turning point for us. Most MWC fans after this run and playing USC tough in the finals had us as an X factor to win the MWC. Let's win this thing and keep positive energy going to win the MWC next year. This would go a long ways for this team and our coaching staff