Wyoming vs Utah Valley Wednesday

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Utah Valley beat UMKC and then lost to them, so this should be a close one. Happy its a home game AGAIN, thank the basketball GODS, just need to get to the finals then anything can happen.

At times that game against UMKC looked great and at times, it looked awful. Is Dalton hitting the pipe? He hasn't played worth a poop the last few games. We can't play like that against Utah Valley. Lieberman had a great game, 10 points, 7 assists, James was James, Jason was a little off, as was Herndon. Moemeka had flashes, we need a complete game like USC (yes we lost, but that was impressive).

Edwards, he's fine - I think the only criticism I have is that he needs to know when to yell and when not to yell. Coach K never lost his cool in Dukes loss. Sometimes yelling at young players, they just shut you out. That one time out, Edwards was yelling and everyone didn't give a poop, not effective. That is my biggest criticism of Edwards this year, cheer when he needs to cheer and yell only when you have to. He yells and doesn't pull anyone out like Shyatt, so the kids don't care.

In closing, Wyoming can win the CBI and yes, please hang that F N banner in the AA a F U to the Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers on this board. A Championship in Division I is awesome and its a step in the right direction for the program, something Shyatt wishes he would've done, by the way.

Go Pokes
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We're going to have to rebound against them like we did against EWU we'll have to dominate those boards and keep shooting a high 3 point percentage and Dayton & Adams will have to have double digit games again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

davidwyo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm Utah Valley beat UMKC and then lost to them, so this should be a close one. Happy its a home game AGAIN, thank the basketball GODS, just need to get to the finals then anything can happen.

At times that game against UMKC looked great and at times, it looked awful. Is Dalton hitting the pipe? He hasn't played worth a poop the last few games. We can't play like that against Utah Valley. Lieberman had a great game, 10 points, 7 assists, James was James, Jason was a little off, as was Herndon. Moemeka had flashes, we need a complete game like USC (yes we lost, but that was impressive).

Edwards, he's fine - I think the only criticism I have is that he needs to know when to yell and when not to yell. Coach K never lost his cool in Dukes loss. Sometimes yelling at young players, they just shut you out. That one time out, Edwards was yelling and everyone didn't give a poop, not effective. That is my biggest criticism of Edwards this year, cheer when he needs to cheer and yell only when you have to. He yells and doesn't pull anyone out like Shyatt, so the kids don't care.

In closing, Wyoming can win the CBI and yes, please hang that F N banner in the AA a F U to the Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers on this board. A Championship in Division I is awesome and its a step in the right direction for the program, something Shyatt wishes he would've done, by the way.

Go Pokes
I'm sure every coach goes to bed dreaming of winning the prestigious CBI, daring to dream of being the 101st best team in all of the land. I heard Roy Williams say Carolina was turning down next years NCAA tournament to play in the CBI. I see attendance was in the hundreds again as well.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 am
davidwyo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm Utah Valley beat UMKC and then lost to them, so this should be a close one. Happy its a home game AGAIN, thank the basketball GODS, just need to get to the finals then anything can happen.

Go Pokes
I'm sure every coach goes to bed dreaming of winning the prestigious CBI, daring to dream of being the 101st best team in all of the land. I heard Roy Williams say Carolina was turning down next years NCAA tournament to play in the CBI. I see attendance was in the hundreds again as well.
Most of us on this board go to bed dreaming that you and your constant bitching go away forever....

Hey, how do we all know SDPOKE is bitching??? His lips are moving.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 am We're going to have to rebound against them like we did against EWU we'll have to dominate those boards and keep shooting a high 3 point percentage and Dayton & Adams will have to have double digit games again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If our stupid coach plays him more than 9 minutes...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And MAYBE, just maybe the band can show up this time.....in passing our section, Randy Wellinak came by and man was he frustrated with their "not being" ready for performance to last night's game. We talked for about 20 mins, he's a good dude that gets the fan frustration etc....he even talked about the donors being hit up for tickets and then some being distributed by UW, good idea!!!! Sure hope we have a few more than 3k this game, 2300+ was ok but still a joke and Students, Spring break's over come to the game for a few hours, PLEASE!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Not being a debbie down BUT...Um no..... they don't need to hang a banner for winning the CBI. You don't even qualify for the CBI.

You PAY to get into it and it is basically the tournament that is 3rd or 4th down the list after the NCAA which has 68 teams and the NIT which has 32 teams. So you are really going to hang a banner for winning a tournament you PAID to get in and reality at best finished 101st in the country? LOL HiIlarious.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Depressing, to say the least. This tournament does not one positive thing, excluding extending JMac's playing time. I just don't believe our brand is improved in this unheralded tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

davidwyo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm

At times that game against UMKC looked great and at times, it looked awful. Is Dalton hitting the pipe? He hasn't played worth a poop the last few games. We can't play like that against Utah Valley.
Hayden had a tough go last night, it happens. But seems like a bit much to call him out like this. Where are you getting your info that he hasn't looked good past few games?

Last 4 games before last night he had:
17 pts 10 rbs 4 asst @ CSU
11 pts 6 rbds vs SJSU
15 pts 12 rbds 2 blks vs AFA
18 pts 6 rbds vs EWU.

avg: 15.25 pts 8.5 rbds 4 games prior to last night

Seems like he has been pretty good before last night in a game where he struggled but still had 3 blocks, 3 assists and 6 rebounds. He was fairly productive even though he was scoring. I would fact check before attacking a college kid.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

gopokes1399 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

At times that game against UMKC looked great and at times, it looked awful. Is Dalton hitting the pipe? He hasn't played worth a poop the last few games. We can't play like that against Utah Valley.
Hayden had a tough go last night, it happens. But seems like a bit much to call him out like this. Where are you getting your info that he hasn't looked good past few games?

11 pts 6 rbds vs SJSU
18 pts 6 rbds vs EWU.

Seems like he has been pretty good before last night in a game where he struggled but still had 3 blocks, 3 assists and 6 rebounds. He was fairly productive even though he was scoring. I would fact check before attacking a college kid.
I agree. I think he took some good shots close to the hoop, they just weren't falling. He played close to the hoop on both ends and was active on defense. He played well just his shot wasn't falling. He'll bounce back
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

While this tourney might be shameful to some, being 101st out of 300 plus division teams isn't as bad as it seems. Our football team was invited to a bowl. One of 39 bowl games. 78 out of the 128 FBS schools made a bowl. I understand we didn't pay to go to the bowl game, but either way is was diluted big time with all the other games. It was a great experience for the team and fans. Let's get the momentum rolling for next year. Like it or not, we are in the CBI. I certainly think Edwards could have done better with this team this year, but let's put it all aside and win the next 3 games
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Vt poke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 am While this tourney might be shameful to some, being 101st out of 300 plus division teams isn't as bad as it seems. Our football team was invited to a bowl. One of 39 bowl games. 78 out of the 128 FBS schools made a bowl. I understand we didn't pay to go to the bowl game, but either way is was diluted big time with all the other games. It was a great experience for the team and fans. Let's get the momentum rolling for next year. Like it or not, we are in the CBI. I certainly think Edwards could have done better with this team this year, but let's put it all aside and win the next 3 games
I'm not saying it is shameful at all. Look... I hope we win it. I just don't really think we need to hang a banner for it. If we do though I'm not going to complain about it. Just think it is kinda funny to hang a banner for that is all ....but that is fine if they do.

I agree though ... Let's win the next 3 games since we have to win 2 in the championship round and win the thing since we are in it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
nirv117
Ranch Hand

trying to buy tickets, and the ticketing website is down.
God is a Cowboy
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Site finally came back up. It must have frozen having to load all the unsold season ticket seats back in - looks like less than 100 sold when I picked my seats.
God is a Cowboy
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 am

11 pts 6 rbds vs SJSU
18 pts 6 rbds vs EWU.

I agree. I think he took some good shots close to the hoop, they just weren't falling. He played close to the hoop on both ends and was active on defense. He played well just his shot wasn't falling. He'll bounce back
After Dalton missed 4 in a row in the late minutes of the second half, and continued to jack up 3 more pathetic attempts - all misses, I came to the conclusion that he should have been sat down at miss number 4 and whipped with a wet towel. That was pathetic. If it isn't falling, f-word STOP SHOOTING.

And on other pathetic fronts - if you are a point guard and can't make a free throw in 2 attempts, eh, change that, if you can barely hit the GD rim in 2 free throw attempts, you shouldn't be on the floor in a D1 game.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 am

11 pts 6 rbds vs SJSU
18 pts 6 rbds vs EWU.

After Dalton missed 4 in a row in the late minutes of the second half, and continued to jack up 3 more pathetic attempts - all misses, I came to the conclusion that he should have been sat down at miss number 4 and whipped with a wet towel. That was pathetic. If it isn't falling, f-word STOP SHOOTING.

And on other pathetic fronts - if you are a point guard and can't make a free throw in 2 attempts, eh, change that, if you can barely hit the GD rim in 2 free throw attempts, you shouldn't be on the floor in a D1 game.
Hopefully Dalton brings his shooting touch tonight.

I think I read somewhere Kelly was sick on Monday. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he's better and cans take a big chunk of Lieberman's minutes.

Also, anyone who shoots a transition 3 other than JJ needs to be tasered. Drives me absolutely nuts. We totally let the other team off the hook when we do this.
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Landerpoke, why would we want to take minutes from Lieberman? He actually is the most improved player the second half of the year in my opinion and it seems he can finally shoot the ball:

Lieberman 32 minutes
10 points (67% from the field)
7 assist. (thats more than Dalton, Kelly, Adams, Naughton, Gorski, Herndon and Moemeka combined)
1 turnover
2 Rebounds

Kelly 6 minutes
0 points (0-1 from the field)
0 assist
0 rebounds
0 points (0-2 from the free throw line)
1 turnover

Now it wouldn't surprise me with the absolutely piss poor rotation Wyoming coaches have shown. Maybe we should sit Lieberman, Herndon, Jmac, Moemeka and James since they only scored 62 of our 72 points against UKMC. Lets start Dalton, Kelly, Adams, Naughton and Gorski, we will get our asses kicked in the first five minutes and we will never catch up.

Lets hope the coaches play the players that show up, hustle, score, pass, rebound and play smart.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I think Kelly plays better defense (stays in front of their man better), I think he's stronger, tougher, quicker, marginally better rebounder and most importantly he can beat a guy off the dribble and break down a defense somewhat. Kelly doesn't clog the offense like Lieberman does. Both belong primarily on the bench, imo, but Edwards is hell bent on playing one of the two at all times. Give me Kelly out there over Lieberman
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

entitled to your opinion, lets hope one of the two has a great game or we won't be playing the finals.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Liebs to Moemeka for a really pretty oop.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."