CBI Championship Bitches

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

So for you CBI Bitches on this forum, let me start by saying Oregon and Creighton played in the CBI in 2011.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... creig.html

Yep, Billionaire Phil Knight the owner of NIKE allowed Oregon to play in the CBI in 2011, are you kidding me? Phil Knight allowed Oregon to play in this horrible tournament? Wow. Of course Oregon realized that winning starts somewhere and Phil Knight and Oregon know a lot about winning, unlike some people on this board.

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones" and "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; It is the courage to continue that counts"

Lets go Pokes!!! you have a few True Fans on this board.

P.S. Coach E, you have the basketball IQ, Kentucky experience and National Championships, start acting like Coach K and the Zen Master Phil Jackson, because I for one am tired of you yelling at 19 and 20 year olds. Be the CEO, not some circus clown, it makes you look bad. If we don't win the CBI I bet we lose 1-3 players who will leave the program and that will F N hurt.

Win Wednesday or 2018 will SUCK.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I just want to point out that Larry Shyatt went to 3 CBIs and only won two games. So all the people that are hard on Edwards should remember that. I was against doing the tourney at first, but now that we're here let's just go win the damn thing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Win it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

next year I hope we see vast improvement with this type of experience then, and a senior laden group as well!!!!! Not saying NCAA but vast improvement in the MWC tourney, not a one and done year!!! Go POKES
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:39 am next year I hope we see vast improvement with this type of experience then, and a senior laden group as well!!!!! Not saying NCAA but vast improvement in the MWC tourney, not a one and done year!!! Go POKES
If the MWC is down next season like it was this season, anything other than a better showing in conference play and a deep run in Vegas would be a disappointment.....
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

What Oregon Ducks said about the NIT and CBI:

"Though the team has been rather lackluster as of late (especially in 2009 and 2010), recent appearances in the NIT as well as a CBI Championship have aided in sparking a new fiery passion for basketball within Matthew Knight Arena."

Maybe a CBI championship will spark the same fiery passion desperately needed in the AA.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

davidwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am Maybe a CBI championship will spark the same fiery passion desperately needed in the AA.
You'd think that winning the conference tourney a few years ago would've done that... but then we went and lost the exhibition game on the same night as the banner raising ceremony :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

This tournament is not worth playing in. Nobody cares
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Nevada winning the CBI last year. Fans, atmosphere looked great. Have we ever had that many people show up to a Wyoming game? And when we get to the CBI championship, we just might have 2200 people show up, which would be embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpfiDydKbw
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

davidwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 am Nevada winning the CBI last year.
Who did they beat? Northeastern Montana State Indian Teachers College?
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

That would be Morehead State, a team that actually beat Nevada in Game 1 83 to 86.
What did Wyoming do last year? Oh, that's right we finished 14-18 and lost twice to Nevada, so they actually did better than Wyoming, but we still think were NCAA tournament qualified, LOL, PLEASE. Our heads are so far in the clouds, it must be the elevation or the 420 being sold in Laramie, because we weren't even as good as MoreHead State (don't even know where that college is). Since so many think the CBI is such poop, if we can't win this poop tournament, then maybe we should drop down to Division II where we belong.

I'll still take a CBI Championship, just like the Oregon Ducks. If we don't play in it ever again, I'm fine with that, but we need to win something. Also, whose record is better from Shyatt's 15-16 team or Edwards? Oh, Edwards, that guy can't coach though but won six more games then Larry, 20-14.

Go Pokes!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

The extra experience for a young team and game time in a tournament setting is a very good thing, but......not so sure I would hang a CBI banner in the AA unless you are trying to show everyone how desperate you are.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

davidwyo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 am Have we ever had that many people show up to a Wyoming game?

How long have you been a Wyoming fan?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone know how the championship series works? Will any of these games be in Laradise?
CowBoyL
Buckaroo

First game in Carolina, next 2 in Laramie, 3rd only if necessary.
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

OK Pokes, we got this, now close it out. Win the CBI its not the NIT or the NCAA but its a championship and something to build on. The confidence we get from the CBI and a championship to boot, is HUGE.

Just Win Baby, Go Pokes! and congrats to Coach E, he is only the 2nd coach in WYO history to win 20+ games. More importantly he was calm on the sidelines. Wrap it up Pokes!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

CowBoyL wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 pm First game in Carolina, next 2 in Laramie, 3rd only if necessary.
There is no such place as Carolina :lol: .

But yes, you're correct.
Monday in Conway, SC
Wednesday in Laramie, WY
Friday in Laramie, WY (if necessary)
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wrxman
Buckaroo

Attendance was pretty paltry tonight. Hope the fans turn out for the next one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

wrxman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:07 pm Attendance was pretty paltry tonight. Hope the fans turn out for the next one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
My guess is there will be hundreds..... if not multiple hundreds of rabid poke basketball fans there next weds. Might even break ten hundred!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

marching on, only 2577 at last nights game totally pathetic, 266 more than Monday, now that it's on to the championship and on ESPNU Cheyenne, Laramie and closer get to the AA for these hard working fun to watch team on Wednesday and perhaps next Friday as well, as of now there's only 24 D1 teams playing in the country now, and our beloved Pokes are one of those, it'll be 16 after this weekend. get out the AA and support our Pokes!!!! GOOD JOB FELLAS